Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ask Matt: Once Upon a Time, Pilot Season, Luck and HBO, Revenge, Fringe and More - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Question: I've been watching Once Upon A Time from the beginning, and I thought by now, we'd start to see some real movement towards the present-day fairy-tale folks realizing that something was amiss. But it seems to be dragging and dragging, and while the "fairy tale" portions are fun to watch, there's nothing there that gives one hope that finally, someone other than Henry knows something's amiss. It's getting boring. Any tidbits as to when that might finally happen? — Holly

Matt Roush: We're only 11 episodes into the first season (which didn't even premiere until late October), which seems awfully early to be getting impatient for game-changers. Although I've felt from the start that the Storybrooke stories tend to pale next to what's going on back in fabulous Fairy Tale Land. And judging from the questions I've been fielding lately, the entire convoluted premise of the town living under this curse has thrown lots of fans into a nit-picking frenzy. I won't project what's down the road because this isn't a spoiler column, but your dissatisfaction with the present-day stuff seems more a reflection of the show's overall unevenness — and I'm speaking here as someone who's learned to enjoy the show — than a problem with pacing, because they're actually breaking a fair amount of story from week to week. Just not the story you'd like to see being played out quite yet. But give it time. These are early days, and Once Upon a Time is going to be with us for a long time to come.

Last edited by oicaxf; 02-06-2012 at 09:26 AM
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Seriously, I feel like people would'd rather if this was a mini series instead of a full show. It doesn't even make sense that the curse would be broken so soon and people would start realizing things are weird. I'm enjoying the show as it is, tbh. I agree that SB stories are a little eh compared to FTL, but considering SB world is supposed to be ~magic free~ (since that's "our" world) things have to be taken slow, specially since its only halfway through the season.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

With all my respect...some people are stupid.
I understand there are thing that somebody doesnt love (its logical) but this?
what do they want?
Its a tv show, its just the beginning!!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Isn't it weird that we've heard nothing about the Hatter's daughter being casted? Are they just going to mention he's given up crime for her, but she won't be seen on screen? Or maybe they didn't publish the casting call for her for some other reason?
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ouat composer has tweeted that

1.13 is gonna be epic!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
Isn't it weird that we've heard nothing about the Hatter's daughter being casted? Are they just going to mention he's given up crime for her, but she won't be seen on screen? Or maybe they didn't publish the casting call for her for some other reason?
Maybe she isn't showing up in the episode and Hatter just mentions her. It'd make sense to be Alice, but I hope it's not
Old 02-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm thinking 119 may be about the Blue Fairy. Here's some tweets from Keegan Connor Tracy (who plays the BF)
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

I hope they change her outfit. In the first episodes was really awful.
And I'm not happy with the idea of another filler episode. But well, I love the show and every epi.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

It seems we have our mini-Ginnifer now

Quote:
BaileeMadison Bailee Madison
A Dream come true!!!!!! On my way to LA, then Vancouver to film #OnceUponATime I am SO excited!! @OnceABC see you soon
Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks! She does look like Ginnifer. I always thought of her to be mini-Ginnifer when I saw her in Are You Afraid of the Dark.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

tbrick2
Quote:
tierney bricker
Any questions for #OUAT guest star Emilie de Ravin?
Tweet questions
Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

OOOOOHHHHHH perfect now I seriously can't wait to see baby!snow
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Somebody here suggested Bailee when the casting call was first published. I looked her up, found a YT interview and had to agree she'd be the perfect young Snow but didn't imagine the show would get it right! She even acts like Ginnifer. Good job, show!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Aw, she's a cutie.

So is this the age when Snow "betrayed" the Queen? Because wow, lol. If so, Regina is going to look even worse than I thought.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Imagine that a 12 year old ~ruining~ Regina's life.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread