Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Loyal Fan

The script had S/S together. I doubt they would break S/S up over a movie star. Especially since Grady is only going to be in one ep.

If they break up it will be for something bigger. It's probably like someone said, Summer's star struck.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Cleveland Rocks, just my personal opinion but I think the main teen couple people ship for is S/S...followed by S/A and then R/M. Ever since Oliver came into the picture 6 episodes ago, most people have been absolutely frustrated with Marissa. It's an interesting progression on how the support and lack thereof for certain ships has differed. At the start of the show, it was R/M with S/S not kicking into full gear until Summer kissed him.

IMO, pre-Oliver, Marissa was just this girl in these horrible situations, acting out but you still felt some sympathy for her. Now she's just an attention w***e, a horrible friend, horrible girlfriend and all her complexity and appeal has vanished. There's nothing redeeming about her anymore.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:36 PM
New Fan

I wonder how Marissa will handle the Luke/Julie affair thingy. It will be a good reason for her to start boozing and being a druggie again. Her dilemma is neverending.

Missed Jimmy last night.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Did you guy saw the preview with the two of them dancing(Seth and Summer).

So screen cap here http://undeniable.paper-flower.org/

I so can't wait for next week.

I wonder how Marissa will know that her mom and luke will you know... I still can't believe it. Am I the only ont that we will a hard time to watch that?

Seth & Summer
Old 02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pammi:
<STRONG>I am probably the minority here when I say I don't like Seth Cohen. I do like Summer though and really don't see them together for a long period of time. The apparent sex between them is just too soon. Call me old fashioned but I would like to see them date for awhile first.</STRONG>
My thoughts exactly! I mean, I like Seth but I do think that Seth and Summer should have at least waited until they could get together to have sex, I mean, it is sorta showing us (meaning me and many other teens here) that its ok to just have sex... I don't know if it makes sense... I'm not some abstinence freak, truly I don't even care about the idea of absitence or monogomy, I just say, do whatever. But I do think being in a relationship before-hand would have been a little better. ah, well.

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverCaro:
<STRONG>Did you guy saw the preview with the two of them dancing(Seth and Summer).</STRONG>
I don't think they are dancing, Since they are in Seth's room, this is probably the second time they, erm... "Do It" lol (wanted to be immature there. Yes i can say Sex. lol [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) They could be dancing, but they looked pretty still for dancing.... (I saw the promo, awesome, I might add)
Old 02-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone else find it strange the Luke felt comfortable enough to just lay on Marissa's bed while Julie was packing her clothes? Or that Julie felt comfortable enough to tell Luke her whole drama filled story?

I mean, any normal mom probably wouldn't like the ex-boyfriend who cheated on her daughter, leading her to OD and drink herself into a an alley in TJ.... my mom wouldn't.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited star_princess7 ]
Old 02-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh I hope those caps are when they have sex toward the end of the ep (not the first time in her bedroom) and it's "magical". Even just those stills look sweet.

I think Luke felt comfortable because he's known her for most of his life. Marissa and Luke started dating in what, 5th grade? And who knows how long they knew each other before that.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean, I like Seth but I do think that Seth and Summer should have at least waited until they could get together to have sex, I mean, it is sorta showing us (meaning me and many other teens here) that its ok to just have sex... I don't know if it makes sense... I'm not some abstinence freak, truly I don't even care about the idea of absitence or monogomy, I just say, do whatever. But I do think being in a relationship before-hand would have been a little better. ah, well.
I'm sorry, but anyone who would actually look to The O.C. to recieve messages about teen life needs to look elsewhere. This is a nighttime soap opera, not a public service announcement. No offense, of course...
Old 02-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jer][choGirl:
<STRONG>I'm sorry, but anyone who would actually look to The O.C. to recieve messages about teen life needs to look elsewhere. This is a nighttime soap opera, not a public service announcement. No offense, of course...</STRONG>
I don't do that, but I know there a lot of people who look for TV shows for advice because their parents or friends aren't reliable for advice. Night-time Soap Opera or not, people are still going to look at TV shows for advice, even if it isn't a PSA.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Banned

Okay about the whole Summer leaving Seth for Adam Brody; I think it's just one of those episode descriptions that tries to make the episode sound more titillating than it would actually turn out to be. I too agree she's probably just a bit star-struck but not in the romantic sense with this Grady guy. Besides the slides clearly showing this; this episode will be right after they have the big dramatic moment in the school where Summer acknowledges her relationship with Seth in public. Now WHY would they follow something as big and as turning point in their relationship with her leaving him for some TV Star that's in one episode? Uh-uh, don't buy it. Btw, I'm glad this article came out, so persons would stop thinking we were crazy for thinking that the whole Grady/April thing WAS a play on the Adam/Rachel rumours.

Okay about this Seth/Summer sex thing. This is personal opinion and to each his own. Personally, I don't have much of a problem with it. This isn't a case of the two meeting each other for the first time and sleeping together. They've spent the past months being friends and getting to know each other. Summer knows Seth isn't some guy who's only after a quick lay and that he really, truly cares about her. Now since this is probably not her first time; it just seems right to her.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rooney Babe:
<STRONG>

I don't do that, but I know there a lot of people who look for TV shows for advice because their parents or friends aren't reliable for advice. Night-time Soap Opera or not, people are still going to look at TV shows for advice, even if it isn't a PSA.</STRONG>
Oh, God...lol. T.V. shows for advice? I'm not mocking you but geez that is ridiculous. I can understand if it was like, Sesame Street. But The OC? Oy!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree. I think that the interview just makes the show sound different then it actually is, as we can see by the script parts we got. Summer will probably think Grady is really cool and be a little star struck but its obvious from the information we have that when he seems to come on to her she doesn't go for it.

A little note about the fact that Seth and Summer have sex when they aren't officially together. First of all, its completely realistic seeing as there is no way Seth would turn down the chance to fulfill his Summer fantasies he has been having since he hit puberty. Second, its isn't as if they don't know each other or something. Third, regardless of how you feel about S/S or the fact they have sex TV certainly is nothing to model behavior after be it sexual or otherwise. In my opinion, that is completely immature.

"I remember when the days were long, and the nights when the living room was on the lawn.."
Old 02-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AlwaysADreamer:
<STRONG>IA little note about the fact that Seth and Summer have sex when they aren't officially together. First of all, its completely realistic seeing as there is no way Seth would turn down the chance to fulfill his Summer fantasies he has been having since he hit puberty. Second, its isn't as if they don't know each other or something. Third, regardless of how you feel about S/S or the fact they have sex TV certainly is nothing to model behavior after be it sexual or otherwise. In my opinion, that is completely immature.</STRONG>

DUDE You have to understand that there are probably 11 year-olds watching this show! I'm not saying that 11 year olds are stupid or whatever but sometimes they are easily influenced by what their favorite TV characters are doing! Just because you think its immature to model your behavior after a TV show doesn't mean that it won't/doesn't happen. Its like you pin-pointing that I do this and that I'm some retard that does everything that comes from the television. Its a proven fact that younger kids are influenced through television. i learned this in health. I mean, I am not saying this because I don't like Seth and Summer together, I mean that would just be plain stupid. I'm saying this because me and my friend were reading the forums afterschool today and we both agreed on the subject and thought that maybe someone else would too. So we commented on someone elses comment. Don't attack me for my opinons.
That reminds me, the books that were in the Rooney episode of the OC where Anna and Seth were flirting in Biology, those exact same books were my health books last year. lol.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Rooney Babe ]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll probably be kicked out for saying this, since most of y'all are S/S shippers, but I was always a fan of Seth and Anna...until I saw "The Rival" I loved how Summer showed that she cared and was vulnerable. I hope I'm not alone in saying that was the first time I truly liked her.

[Nathan/Haley] [Jim/Pam] [Matt/Julie]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Umm sex is probably the last thing on an 11 year olds mind. Doubt it has any influence and if it does it's on the parent not The O.C.

According to someone at TWoP, Paris Hilton will be in an upcoming ep.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread