Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

New Girl S/S #3: Because we're extremely spoiled... but we could use a little more!

Welcome to the 3rd S/S thread for New Girl.

About the show:

After a bad break-up, Jessica "Jess" Day needs a new place to live. An online search leads her to a great loft... and three single guys she's never met before. But Jess moves in, and through her upbeat personality, unique sense of self and the unlikely support of her new roommates, she learns to move on.

Nick is the most grounded of her new roommates...and also the most jaded. A law school dropout, he spends most of his time hiding his feelings under his hoodie and tending bar. Schmidt is a hustling young professional who's pretty proud of his own abs. Winston is an intensely competitive former athlete who doesn't know what to do next - but whatever he does, he wants to win it.

General spoilers:

- In an episode that airs in march, Nick's dad dies and the gang travels to his hometown, Chicago, to attend the funeral. Guest starts include Nick Kroll, Bill Burr, Margo Martindale and Ellen Abertini Dow
- Winston's new, not-married flirt, Daisy (Brenda Song) will guest star in at least one more episode in season 2 (episode 17 confirmed)
- After locking lips in episode 15 of season 2, Jess and Nick will do more kissing in one or more upcoming episodes... Woohoo!
- After her doctor boyfriend broke up with her, Jess will meet a new man in episode 18.
- Nick has a new love interest too - his boss' daugther, Shane.
- New Girl has been renewed for a 3rd season!

Upcoming episodes:

2x19 "Quick Hardening Caulk" - March 19th, 2013
JESS ADMITS HER FEELINGS FOR NICK ON AN ALL-NEW "NEW GIRL" TUESDAY, MARCH 12, ON FOX

Jess comes to a conclusion about her romantic feelings for Nick and she struggles to tell him - until she's hopped up on pain medication. But after admitting her feelings, she finds out he may have been keeping something from her. Meanwhile, Schmidt becomes obsessed with buying a fish, which Winston sees as a metaphor for Schmidt's unresolved feelings toward Cece and Nick plans a bar promotion to impress the bar owner (guest star Odette Annable) in the all-new "Guys Night" episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, March 12 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-219) (TV-14 D, L)

Photos: Photos - New Girl - Season 2 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 2.19 - Guys Night

2x20 "Chicago" - March 26th, 2013
When a death occurs in Nick’s family, Jess, Schmidt and Winston travel with Nick to the Windy City to help him with the funeral preparations and meet his boisterous family members, including his mom, Bonnie (guest stat Martindale); his younger brother, Jamie (guest star Kroll); and his Boston cousin, Bobby (guest star Burr), in the all-new “Chicago” episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, March 19 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-220) (TV-14 D, L)

Photos: Jess Meets Nick’s Family in New Girl’s “Chicago” - ScreenSpy

2x21 - "First Date" - April 4th, 2013
In the all-new “Date Night” episode of New Girl (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT), Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson), who are caught between friendship and something more, try to break out of relationship limbo by going on a “first” date. Once Schmidt (Max Greenfield) and Winston (Lamorne Morris) realize a full-on Jess/Nick romance might be happening, they swoop in to try to sabotage the date.

Photos: http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/ne...0First%20Date/

2x22 - "Bachelorette Party" - April 9th, 2013
No further info yet

2x23 - "Virgins" - April 30th
No further info yet

2x24 - Winston's birthday (Part 1) - May 7th
Jess and Nick try to get their emotional lives back on track after a one night stand -- but can't find the track.

2x25 - Winston's birthday (Part 2) - May 14th, 2013
SEASON 2 FINALE

No further info yet

Last edited by fandk; 03-18-2013 at 12:02 PM
Old 03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread! To continue the convo about the Virginity spoilers, it says in the original spoilers we got that the night at the bar doesn't have a happy ending, meaning Jess doesn't lose her virginity that night. And then she finally admits to the guys how she really lost it. I think the only purpose of having a scene at the bar is for a funny scene where Jess sees the guys at the bar years ago before they met? Anything but them losing their V cards to each other. How are people finding that scenario appealling?! Blech.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus4 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread! To continue the convo about the Virginity spoilers, it says in the original spoilers we got that the night at the bar doesn't have a happy ending, meaning Jess doesn't lose her virginity that night. And then she finally admits to the guys how she really lost it. I think the only purpose of having a scene at the bar is for a funny scene where Jess sees the guys at the bar years ago before they met? Anything but them losing their V cards to each other. How are people finding that scenario appealling?! Blech.
I really really really don't think they'll lose it to each other. There's not enough time for them to have not recognized each other, and it would be cliche and lame. I AM excited however for them to have sex at the end of the episode... we're all on agreement that that's when it will likely happen, no?

edit: Also, thanks for the new thread! I love it here!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
ETA: Tumblr is freaking me out with still thinking Nick and Jess lost their virginity to each other? Can we please put this ridiculously lame spoiler to rest? Thank you very much.
Seriously! I find it so strange that many of them would actually like to see it happen WTF???

More spoilers for 2x22

Quote:
There’s a bit where Cece apologizes to Jess for “what she said” about her and Nick. Jess says it’s okay, they ARE “a hot mess”.

And um, there’s also a bit where for whatever reason, Jess has a picture of Nick’s penis on her cellphone and she’s very happy with what she sees and starts zooming in (LOL, like she hasn’t seen it before!). Of course that’s when Nick bursts into her room and she throws her cellphone away faster than a speeding bullet.
Source
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I hope you're right! I was just having a bad feeling because somebody brought up the possibility... If it hadn't been mentioned, I would've never even thought about it

ETA: Did I make a spelling error in the thread title?? Is it "spoilt" or "spoiled"??
Old 03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandk (View Post)
I hope you're right! I was just having a bad feeling because somebody brought up the possibility... If it hadn't been mentioned, I would've never even thought about it
I honestly wouldn't have either because it's honestly just dumb. They are enough of a hot mess without throwing *that* mess into it, as well. I think people are just getting carried away with all of the info we've been getting.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I guess now we know where E! gets all his spoiler info from They just read the casting sides.
I wonder if it's the same with SpoilerTV because I really wanna know why they're referring to Nick's and Jess' first time as a "one night stand"

And LOL @ Cece losng her virginity to Snoop Dogg
Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey Guyz ! I am new here :$ but I've been visiting the forum and this thread for a while now =D !

Thought I'd post the preview to next week's episode if no body posted it :$

Guys' Night Out | NEW GIRL | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube
Old 03-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptDiva (View Post)
Hey Guyz ! I am new here :$ but I've been visiting the forum and this thread for a while now =D !

Thanks, I hadn't seen that! I LOVE the way Jake says "... It's a very stupid idea" hahaha
Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I still say that it comes out that Spencer and Caroline were their firsts, which gives them just one more connection.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptDiva (View Post)

Gah, Odette Anabelle is so annoying. But maybe I'm just bitter..... LOL!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

IT'S SPOILER OVERLOAD TODAY!!!!

Welcome, EgyptDiva Thanks for posting the preview!

Notice the part where he says "Zooey starts considering Nick as a viable boyfriend"?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamaLamaDingDong (View Post)
So I guess now we know where E! gets all his spoiler info from They just read the casting sides.
I wonder if it's the same with SpoilerTV because I really wanna know why they're referring to Nick's and Jess' first time as a "one night stand"

And LOL @ Cece losng her virginity to Snoop Dogg

YES! And then the spoiler sites act like they "inside" scoop!

LOL!!!!

Guys, we have AMAZING STUFF coming up for Nick and Jess. TRUST ME on that.

I've read that Jess is VERY HAPPY with her night with Nick. VERY HAPPY. That's all.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 03-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgirl78 (View Post)
Gah, Odette Anabelle is so annoying. But maybe I'm just bitter..... LOL!!!!
Why?? Is it the actress or the character?

Even more spoilers for "Virgins":

Quote:
NICK: What? How is that some romantic story? One of the five guys in the world who likes Lisa Loeb gave it to you in the back of a fire-truck?

JESS: I guess we’re just different, Nick. I believe in waiting for magic. Every time. But especially the first time. It’s scary and amazing, but if you do it right, it’s the closest you can be with another person.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread