Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I always take sides with a grain of salt. Just because certain actors aren't in them doesn't mean they're being sidelined. It just means they're not in the scene that's being used to audition a new character. J&A could have plenty of scenes with each other or with other existing character, and none of that would appear on a side.

Both JJ and Hayden were in the 100th episode pics. In costume. Plus I've seen other pics of JJ with fans who were on set recently. (I only do searches for him, so there could be pics for other people out there, but I wouldn't know it.)
Old 03-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

We aren't basing lack of J/A on sides, we are basing it on extras calls. Sure they could have plenty of scenes with each other but if they did, their stand in would be called in the extras stuff. And yes Hayden and JJ were on set for the 100 party. Doesn't mean they have a storyline of their own. Last time Cadence was on the extra list, only JJ's stand in was in there.

The issue with the sides is that they are casting for the newbies and having the main cast as prop in them. Will is in the Jeff sides except he says nothing. Deacon is in the Jessie's ex side but doesn't have much. The lack of J/A wouldn't be shown in those. It's a scene for new randoms. As for your grain of salt comment I would understand why bring it up if we were dealing with the old sides but since we only have typed up sides for random big role characters, it's only one or so scene. I don't think anyone thinks that it plays a role into who is in an episode or not.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 03-28-2017 at 06:13 PM
Old 03-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

We've only had maybe one side per episode after hiatus so we really don't know the overall stories but the picture the sides and extras are painting is not one that makes me reconsider watching.

Zach's name has probably popped up in the extras more than anyone else. Lots of Hallie. Lots of Clay (so Maddie). Especially right after hiatus lots of Daphne and the new teen.

A side establishing an ex-husband and son for Jessie (one of the new girls?) while Deacon barely gets to say a word (and half of what is said to him is about Zach). Establishing more background for Zach while Will sits there. Scarlett doing an interview talking about Damien while Gunnar is nowhere to be found. A boyfriend for Angie (the other of the new girls?). A successful songwriter wanting to make sure Maddie gets one of his songs so gives it to Juliette. Mehhhhhhh. All of it.
Sarah [youtube]

Last edited by soapbubbles511; 03-28-2017 at 07:43 PM
Old 03-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Yep and really at this point the only reason I would want J/A to be in a side is if they are casting either a therapist (cause I think they need one to deal with the psychological issues Juliette is dealing with+ the s4 issues), a minister or wedding planner. Otherwise I don't want to see them have a line here or there to prop yet another newbie. But I do want to see them mentioned in extra stuff and it's happening very rarely nowadays. But if you are a Zach, Hallie, Clay etc fan however you are in luck, they have been mentioned tons.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I want our beloved old characters to leave this show. At least if nothing changes. I will give the show a last chance when it comes back, but don't have much hope.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
We've only had maybe one side per episode after hiatus so we really don't know the overall stories but the picture the sides and extras are painting is not one that makes me reconsider watching.

Zach's name has probably popped up in the extras more than anyone else. Lots of Hallie. Lots of Clay (so Maddie). Especially right after hiatus lots of Daphne and the new teen.

A side establishing an ex-husband and son for Jessie (one of the new girls?) while Deacon barely gets to say a word (and half of what is said to him is about Zach). Establishing more background for Zach while Will sits there. Scarlett doing an interview talking about Damien while Gunnar is nowhere to be found. A boyfriend for Angie (the other of the new girls?). A successful songwriter wanting to make sure Maddie gets one of his songs so gives it to Juliette. Mehhhhhhh. All of it.
Well, that's just depressing. I don't pay that close attention to sides or extras and stuff, so I haven't really seen a pattern. But what you and jbshmdfb have said about what looks like the direction of season 5B doesn't sound good at all.

This season is startin to remind me of other shows I've stopped watching when they were saved or had a writing change after several years. And many times, the changes didn't appeal to me, and I thought the quality went downhill.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Yep and really at this point the only reason I would want J/A to be in a side is if they are casting either a therapist (cause I think they need one to deal with the psychological issues Juliette is dealing with+ the s4 issues), a minister or wedding planner. Otherwise I don't want to see them have a line here or there to prop yet another newbie. But I do want to see them mentioned in extra stuff and it's happening very rarely nowadays. But if you are a Zach, Hallie, Clay etc fan however you are in luck, they have been mentioned tons.
Yeah their fans will be in luck and overjoyed for sure unlike the rest of us, who just wants to see our favorites that are being sidelined for the likes of these characters.

Today starts 517 and guess what from the extras it appears yet again to be another day full of Zach. Then tomorrow they are asking for street kids with the potential to become recurring characters. Ugh so not here for the teens and runaway kid stuff. Then they are asking for assistants for Jacob, and I have no clue who Jacob even is. There has been no indication at all that the ones I watch for have even taped anything lately.

Last edited by KellieW; 03-29-2017 at 09:59 AM
Old 03-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Loyal Fan

^I follow Chip on Twitter, and it seems like he's been Australia for almost a week, so he's obviously not filming now. I don't know about the others.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
Then they are asking for assistants for Jacob, and I have no clue who Jacob even is. There has been no indication at all that the ones I watch for have even taped anything lately.
Jakob was that fashion guy who was coming on to Will in 502. Because that's who we needed to see again

Chip's back from Australia now but yeah he was gone most of last week
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-29-2017, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

I guess they figured bringing back Jakob would make Zach more popular with Will

more runaway stuff just what I wanted... not.

And yeah what Sarah said about the sides, ever since the 511 came out and people on twitter went off about them we lost access to regular sides only the LA sides have been available and they are typed up so no info as to what is going on elsewhere. And LA roles are bigger roles it's almost better to have no LA sides because you know those people will have a big storyline. So far since 511, we have had for 512 the runaway girl and code name George ( code name Angie's boyfriend), 514 Travis the songwriter who wants to give a song to superstar Maddie making Juliete jealous (and that seems to be Juliette storyline in that episode as Hayden was in LA for most of it), 516-517 Mackenzie the reporter who slept with Damien and tricks Scarlett into admitting she did too, Jeff the guy Zach breaks up with and 518 Brad, Jessie's ex with whom she has a kid.

And none of those characters or storylines I'm interested in. And the one I'm least interested in is the one that involved Juliette. Not here for the OOC of Juliette suddenly being jealous of Maddie when she is the one pushing her career. Nor do I need the Rayna/Juliette rivalry to be replace by this. I know some are interested in that but not me. Not here to see her growth taken away to push Maddie.

Crystal, where did you find the JJ pics you were talking about? They changed a lot around twitter, facebook etc lately it's become harder to find things.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Here's one pic of JJ and Claire that I found on Twitter.

And one of just JJ from someone who was on set last week, I think.

This might be from the same day, but I found this pic on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/tjax16/phot...type=3&theater
Old 03-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

oh that pic, I thought you meant more recent than that for some reason. Yeah they are from the same day.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I guess they figured bringing back Jakob would make Zach more popular with Will
So are we supposed to cheer for the annoying manchild or the obnoxious asshat? Oh wait, they're both wealthy so personalities don't matter. What was I thinking?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics
Old 03-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
So are we supposed to cheer for the annoying manchild or the obnoxious asshat? Oh wait, they're both wealthy so personalities don't matter. What was I thinking?
Don't worry it won't really be about Will anyway. It'll be about Zach being jealous. Or maybe Zach and Jakob already know each other and Zach will run into him in New York or New Mexico or wherever else he's going and maybe they'll mention Will
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread