Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Thanks JJT [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'll check it out in a minute.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Am I the only one that thinks Sharona and monk should get together? when he gets over his wifes death of couse.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 12:38 PM
ORF
Passionate Fan

I love this show as well. Actually laughed out loud a few times. The only other smart, intelligent shows out there is The Dead Zone and Keen Eddie. I hope all these shows are around for awhile.

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 06-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshua:

Am I the only one that thinks Sharona and monk should get together? when he gets over his wifes death of couse.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Of course you're not the only one! I think Monk and Sharona are becoming one of the best "non-couples" television has to offer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2003, 05:17 PM
jjt
Master Fan

I always liked the idea of Sharona and the little cop guy .. can't think of his name right now. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2003, 07:31 AM
ORF
Passionate Fan

I don't think Sharona and Monk will ever get together. Thats not the dynamic of their relationship. She's almost like a mother to him, I could never see Monk seeing her in any other light. Its nice to see him slowly seeing her as a colleague rather than mother/nurse figure. I think its good to show men and women can have great friendships without it always having to move into boyfriend/girfriend mode. People and young people especially, need to see its possible for that to happen. Its the same with Keen Eddie, they have a like/hate thing going on but the like is friendship nothing more.

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 06-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

~*I sooo want Monk and Sharona to get together. I think she is really the only one who can really understand him.I think of them as a family already really.

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
Old 06-25-2003, 11:45 AM
ORF
Passionate Fan

Anyone find out what the "Monk Gets Married" ep is about yet? That has perked my interest.

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 06-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie:
<STRONG>I love this show! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] I have to say, I secretly ship Adrian and Sharona, yet I find it endearing Monk loves his wife so much. I love the way he finds such pleasure in being reminded of the things she loved. Regarding tonight's or rather yesterday's episode, Andrew McCarthy was great. He was suitably creepy and I couldn't wait for Monk to nail him. He was such a smug jerk. I also loved the gym teacher/bully, and the way Sharona defended Monk against that kid. Sharona is such a great Girl Friday.

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Mr. Monk Gets Married, [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What the heck is that?! I have to know more!

[ 06-21-2003: Message edited Doogie ]</STRONG>
Dagnamit. I missed it! [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

I agree with you and are with you all the way. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I secretly ship them too!
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 06-26-2003, 09:22 AM
ORF
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jjt:
<STRONG>www.tvguide.com had this

CLASS STRUGGLE
Monk
(10 pm/ET, USA)

...Apart from tweaks to its opening titles — including a new theme song by Randy Newman (the jaunty "It's a Jungle Out There") — the Monk formula remains intact. Each episode goes more or less like this: Stymied Capt. Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) calls in Monk to investigate a homicide, Monk irks everyone with his crazy behavior, Monk builds case against suspect, Monk solves mystery.
</STRONG>

I don't think I like the new theme song.

Quote:
<STRONG>.....Monk's only consistent drawback is the general lack of a memorable rogues gallery. Much of Columbo's fun rested on Falk's deadpan interaction with preening antagonists such as Jack Cassidy, Robert Culp and Patrick McGoohan. Apart from McCarthy and Adam Arkin's broad turn as a murderous 800-pound tycoon, Monk's opponents are on the tepid, nondescript side. Name guest stars (including Willie Nelson and Garry Marshall) are usually relegated to peripheral roles. For example, in last year's season finale, both Marshall and Shalhoub's former Wings castmate Tim Daly were used for subplots, and thus two golden opportunities for a memorable battle of wills were wasted.

Monk is just begging for arrogant foils (someone, please call John Cleese's agent), and why Breckman and company don't better utilize guest talent is, well, a mystery. Casting McCarthy against type was a step in the right direction, but there's still legwork to be done if the series is going to rise from its sleeper status and become the megahit it deserves to be. That said, Monk remains a charmer, with a deft blend of droll humor, sharp writing, great chemistry among the regulars, and intricately plotted stories. Who cares that Monk is nuttily obsessive when he's so compulsively watchable. — G.J. Donnelly</STRONG>
I don't agree with doing more with the villians. This show is character driven and its called MONK, thats what its about and what the show rightly centers on. Having nondescript villians is more realistic, in reality things are black and white and the villian just doesn't stick out, they are more the average Joe. I think its good to be different than what other shows are doing, it makes it interesting. And of course its all about Monk. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 06-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

I don't like the new theme song either, I much preferred the opening to the first season.

And I missed tonight's episode...they are rerunning it during the week, right?
Old 06-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed the first season of monk but I know I'm going to be glue to the second. This show is the best. I usually dont like watching detective type shows but theres something about monk that is irresistible. I couldnt stop laughing during the frist episode of the second season. I hope they come out with the first season of monk so i can catch up. I just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this show. [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 06-30-2003, 07:21 AM
ORF
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelsPatience:
<STRONG>I don't like the new theme song either, I much preferred the opening to the first season.

And I missed tonight's episode...they are rerunning it during the week, right?</STRONG>
Oh yes they rerun it a lot during the week just check your guide.

Quote:
Originally posted by blueschild007:
<STRONG>I missed the first season of monk but I know I'm going to be glue to the second. This show is the best. I usually dont like watching detective type shows but theres something about monk that is irresistible. I couldnt stop laughing during the frist episode of the second season. I hope they come out with the first season of monk so i can catch up. I just [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this show. [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Isn't it wonderful!!! I love intelligent shows and if tptb would only take more chances they'll find that more people do if given the chance to see them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 07-02-2003, 03:46 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jjt:
<STRONG>More ep titles to spec with

Mr. Monk and the Sleeping Suspect,
Mr. Monk Gets Married, [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ???
Mr. Monk Meets the Playboy,</STRONG>

Mr. Monk and the 12th Victim
Old 07-03-2003, 07:21 AM
ORF
Passionate Fan

Sounds good!

Have a Happy and Safe 4th everyone! http://www.cyberfireworks.com/ check out the link and create your own fireworks show, also pick out the backdrop! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 07-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link and the info ORF! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]