Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's still a mystery
Old 01-16-2016, 05:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Spoiler from episode synopsis for Chapter Thirty Two:

In the middle of the night, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) gets a burst of creative energy and starts her thesis. Unfortunately, Mateo spills orange juice all over her computer causing it to crash and Jane loses all her hard work. When Jane brings her computer to be fixed, she meets Dax (guest star Diego Boneta) and with the urging of her friend Lina (guest star Diane Guerrero), Jane considers dating again. Rogelio (Jaime Camil) decides to have his mother Liliana (guest star Rita Moreno) become his manager, but soon realizes that was not the best decision. When Rafael (Justin Baldoni) comes to after being attacked by his mother now known to be the crime lord Mutter, he goes to Michael (Brett Dier) and tells him what Mutter is looking for.

So,Rafael's mother is actually 'mutter'? What happened to Luisa's mother then? Did Rafaels' mother kill her or something? Where is her body then? Or was the plastic surgery ring Rose was running originally 'mutter's idea and she had lots of plastic surgery and married Emilo again for some reason and Rafael and Luisa are actually full siblings? I don't know. Weird.

Source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/the...ek-of-1st.html
Old 01-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is just weird. So is Rafael's mother not really his mother? Or is she really the mother and Luisa's mother is dead?

I'm surprised they gave away such a big twist in the description, although I suspected there was going to be more happening with Rafael's mother. Her appearance at the police station a few episodes ago felt so random.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't know what to make of it. I'm thinking Rafael's mother is his real mother and the crime lord. Which makes sense, as you said, she reappeared out of seemingly nowhere a few eps ago. But, the mystery becomes what happened to Luisa's mother, because she obviously didn't die when they thought she did. The only thing I can think of is Rafael's mom killed her, so she could move in on Emilio. Or they'll double back with the plastic surgery thing and they are the same person, she married Emilio twice for some nefarious reason and Raf and Luisa have been full siblings all along. Who knows. That storyline veers off into so many crazy direction, it's hard to tell. Isn't Rafael supposed to have a maternal half brother too? Wonder if that will come into it.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 01-17-2016 at 04:49 AM
Old 01-17-2016, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

This mutter thing is so confusing.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Unless who wrote the ED isn't exactly caught up on the show I'm going to assume Rafael's mother and Luisa's mother are actually the same person. It did seem like there were too many mothers getting into the picture.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm glad Jane is moving on and the boys are having something else to do than fight over her.

Last edited by drunkalice; 01-17-2016 at 04:44 PM
Old 01-17-2016, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, that's for Feb 1st ep, so there's one ep before that, I think. The show comes back last week of Jan, I'm pretty sure. So, I'm guessing whatever the deal is will be revealed the episode before. Sounds like Rafael is knocked out by his mother, when he finds out what's going on.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, that's for Feb 1st ep, so there's one ep before that, I think.
Yeah I know that, I just thought that if they aren't giving a huge spoiler away untimely then maybe whoever wrote the ED mistook Rafael's mother for Luisa's.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Until that mutter cliffie, i always assumed they had the same mom.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I know that, I just thought that if they aren't giving a huge spoiler away untimely then maybe whoever wrote the ED mistook Rafael's mother for Luisa's.
Oh, right. Maybe. I guess it will depend on who is guest starring. They don't seem to have cast an older actress to play Luisa's mother though. So, I do think it will be Rafael's mom that we met last season.

Quote:
I can't believe I'm saying these but I'm glad Jane is moving on and the boys are having something else to do than fight over her.
Me too.

Last edited by shut_uo_ste; 01-17-2016 at 10:02 AM
Old 01-17-2016, 07:11 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)

In the middle of the night, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) gets a burst of creative energy and starts her thesis. Unfortunately, Mateo spills orange juice all over her computer causing it to crash and Jane loses all her hard work. When Jane brings her computer to be fixed, she meets Dax (guest star Diego Boneta) and with the urging of her friend Lina (guest star Diane Guerrero), Jane considers dating again. Rogelio (Jaime Camil) decides to have his mother Liliana (guest star Rita Moreno) become his manager, but soon realizes that was not the best decision. When Rafael (Justin Baldoni) comes to after being attacked by his mother now known to be the crime lord Mutter, he goes to Michael (Brett Dier) and tells him what Mutter is looking for.

So,Rafael's mother is actually 'mutter'? What happened to Luisa's mother then? Did Rafaels' mother kill her or something? Where is her body then? Or was the plastic surgery ring Rose was running originally 'mutter's idea and she had lots of plastic surgery and married Emilo again for some reason and Rafael and Luisa are actually full siblings? I don't know. Weird.

Source: The CW Primetime Listings - Week of 1st February 2016 | Spoilers
Thanks.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Unless who wrote the ED isn't exactly caught up on the show I'm going to assume Rafael's mother and Luisa's mother are actually the same person. It did seem like there were too many mothers getting into the picture.
rafael and Luisa's father did have quite a few marriages.

But it'd be a twist if Rafael and Luisa were actually full siblings instead of half siblings. Maybe that's the real reason why Rafael's mother went away...she was under threat of being discovered.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_uo_ste (View Post)

Source: The CW Primetime Listings - Week of 1st February 2016 | Spoilers
Thank you!
Updating

my semi-active tumblr
Old 01-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love this show but I'm getting tire of the love triangle. I'm at a point where I want Jane to move on from Michael and Rafael. The parts with the commentators and the familia Villanueva struggling with Mateo constantly waking up in the middle of the night was hilarious and reminded me why I love this show. I knew abuela was right to let the baby cry. Baby's are smarter than people think and learn to manipulate people at a young age. My mom has a day care and I learned quickly that babies are all about me me me me me me.

Icon by Me

Last edited by LunaSolTierra; 02-18-2016 at 08:58 PM
Old 01-26-2016, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

I don't actually feel like the show's insisted on the love triangle lately. I mean, Jane did make a choice and it was quite a few eps back, the fact that Rafael was still trying to win her back doesn't really count as a love triangle imo?? Still this episode was refreshing and I'm glad they're all moving on.