Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

I always said I wanted them to go back the friends to lovers route. Because at the end of the day they should be best friends! And I am fine with them not actually being together, I love the UST, banter and Flirting....And I could even see some stolen kisses....lol

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I always said I wanted them to go back the friends to lovers route. Because at the end of the day they should be best friends! And I am fine with them not actually being together, I love the UST, banter and Flirting....And I could even see some stolen kisses....lol
I still don't think that they'll ever be friends. They may talk and share things, but there will come a point when one or both is going to want it to lead to more. And if it never did then it would be all or nothing. That is why I mentioned the stuff at sweeps. If Zoe thinks that Wade has feelings for Lemon, it will come up eventually. They can only do the friendly cordial thing for so long before either they end up having sex or they end up fighting over not being together.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I still don't think that they'll ever be friends. They may talk and share things, but there will come a point when one or both is going to want it to lead to more. And if it never did then it would be all or nothing. That is why I mentioned the stuff at sweeps. If Zoe thinks that Wade has feelings for Lemon, it will come up eventually. They can only do the friendly cordial thing for so long before either they end up having sex or they end up fighting over not being together.
Yes that is the nature of their relationship. All or nothing. There is too much pull between them and that is why as soon as Z gets back to town she will start to feel it.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
Yes that is the nature of their relationship. All or nothing. There is too much pull between them and that is why as soon as Z gets back to town she will start to feel it.

People need to remember although they are growing and becoming better versions of themselves they are still the same Wade and Zoe and they will still have the same push and pull between them.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
That is why Wade wanted to move off the plantation in S1. It is why Zoe ran to NY. They can't be around each other without it eventually becoming more. And once Joel is gone they may both try the "let's be friends" thing, but it won't last too long. Zoe may become jealous of Lemon. Wade may eventually get frustrated that things are progressing any further. Eventually they would either end up giving into the pull and having sex, or if they didn't one would get frustrated and angry and that would lead to fighting as to why aren't they progressing to more. And then at that point they wouldn't be ok with just being around each other.

It will work for a short time though to let them build back up to where they used to be. And it gives Zoe time to see that Wade has changed without the pressure of anything. She may be able to see things more clearly if she isn't worried about having to make a decision on being with him or not. And at first Wade may just be content to have her around since it will have been months that he had seen her and the whole Joel thing. And they may want to try to make the friends thing work because they may think that it is better than nothing. It also gives Wade a chance to not immediately jump to sex. He won't be hitting on her because he may think that he doesn't have a chance in hell. And he may be more reserved because he doesn't want to jump right back in since he shouldn't know how she feels for him. And at this point sex isn't enough for him.

But I really only do see that lasting for a very short time. That pull will get to be too strong the more they are around each other and on good terms.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)

People need to remember although they are growing and becoming better versions of themselves they are still the same Wade and Zoe and they will still have the same push and pull between them.
Oh I agree...but I could see them wanting to take it slow...and it would be a struggle and could be funny.

I don't know, I think they are friends, but can't only be friends in the end.

Quote:

It will work for a short time though to let them build back up to where they used to be. And it gives Zoe time to see that Wade has changed without the pressure of anything. She may be able to see things more clearly if she isn't worried about having to make a decision on being with him or not. And at first Wade may just be content to have her around since it will have been months that he had seen her and the whole Joel thing. And they may want to try to make the friends thing work because they may think that it is better than nothing. It also gives Wade a chance to not immediately jump to sex. He won't be hitting on her because he may think that he doesn't have a chance in hell. And he may be more reserved because he doesn't want to jump right back in since he shouldn't know how she feels for him. And at this point sex isn't enough for him.
Sex will never be enough for him anymore....Zoe ruined that for him!

But the rest of this is why I want them to try to be friends, it takes the pressure off!

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Oh I agree...but I could see them wanting to take it slow...and it would be a struggle and could be funny.

I don't know, I think they are friends, but can't only be friends in the end.
I consider them lovers first who if they are together and everything is good are then friends. If things aren't good between them then they aren't friends. To me that isn't the way a real friendship works. Friends are there no matter what. And it isn't that Wade or Zoe wouldn't be there for the other, but it would have to truly be something very important. We've already seen that both Wade and Zoe have considered or put physical distance between them when things aren't that great between them. They can't be around each other and just be friendly. They have to be more than friends.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Loyal Fan

So I was reading bits of the last thread last night but I didn't get a chance to post. What's with all the Wade/Lemon talk?

GL | SL | CB
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by defygravityx (View Post)
So I was reading bits of the last thread last night but I didn't get a chance to post. What's with all the Wade/Lemon talk?
Wade and Lemon are going to be in a fake relationship at the start of S3.

Quote:
Sex will never be enough for him anymore....Zoe ruined that for him!

But the rest of this is why I want them to try to be friends, it takes the pressure off!
Sex won't be enough because he is in love with Zoe. So he can't just have sex with her and not want it to be more.

I don't think the friends and no pressure approach would last long. The first time Zoe saw Wade flirting with another girl she'd freak out even if they are just trying to be friends.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I think they have a friendship but are not friends is that makes any sense They are always going to be lovers first before anything and eventually once the fake relationship is over and Joel is gone and all is forgiven they are going to have to accept that reality, that its all or nothing.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)
I think they have a friendship but are not friends is that makes any sense They are always going to be lovers first before anything and eventually once the fake relationship is over and Joel is gone and all is forgiven they are going to have to accept that reality, that's all or nothing.
It makes sense to me. Their relationship will always be clouded by the pull that is between them. So if they aren't together then there will be that sexual tension. And they may talk, laugh, and share things, but something is always bound to happen to either pull them together or push them apart. It is clearly very different than WL and LZ.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
Sex won't be enough because he is in love with Zoe. So he can't just have sex with her and not want it to be more.

I don't think the friends and no pressure approach would last long. The first time Zoe saw Wade flirting with another girl she'd freak out even if they are just trying to be friends.
It wouldn't last long, but I think naturally they would end up back together easier without the pressure of having to be back together. And you would also get the pushing away and pulling together. And you would also get the other to see how the other has changed and how they really want to make it work. I could see them having sex and then both being scared about where they stand afterwards, stuff like that.

The push and pull is what keeps it fun.

But even without Zoe, I don't know that he would ever be satisfied just having sex again...when he knows it can mean so much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I think that ZW have had flirtations with true friendship.

They're much too volatile together for that friendship to have ever been simple or easy, but there have definitely been standout moments when that aspect of their relationship wasn't pushed or pulled out of shape by their sexual chemistry....

For me, one of the best "friendship" moments happened in 2x11, because (as much as I reject the premise that someone might "discover" a final page of a journal everyone else had "read" without reading the last page) I loved, loved, loved the convo they had before Wade got up, kissed her on the head, and left Zoe to consider the idea that they were always going to fight because that was such a huge part of who they were, both as individuals and as a couple.

So for me, recapturing that ability to fight -- to set off sparks in each other without crashing and burning when those sparks catch fire -- is pretty fundamental to ZW getting back to where they need to be to rekindle their romance.

I'm not going to pretend that they're ever going to have an easy friendship. I think they're going to struggle mightily over the passion they still have for each other (unless there was a memo I haven't read), and how to make room for the idea that their passion just isn't enough to fix all of their problems.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Wade and Lemon are going to be in a fake relationship at the start of S3.
Oh. Interesting. I actually can't wait to see that play out

GL | SL | CB
Old 08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by defygravityx (View Post)
Oh. Interesting. I actually can't wait to see that play out
We don't know how long it will last, but it is done clearly in reaction to Zoe returning. So the focus still seems to be very much on WZ even though Zoe is with Joel. It is clear that Wade isn't anywhere near ready to move on. And we should get a return of some of the S1 Lemon/Zoe antagonism. And Wade and Lemon having to act as a real couple should just be hilarious in itself.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread