Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Hart of Dixie S&S #58: Will the finale leave us hanging off the edge of our seats?

Cast;
Rachel Bilson as Dr Zoe Hart
Wilson Bethel as Wade Kinsella
Scott Porter as George Tucker
Jamie King as Lemon Breeland
Cress Williams as Lavon Hayes
Tim Matheson as Dr. Brick Breeland

Crew;
Josh Schwartz, executive producer and writer
Leila Gerstein, executive producer and writer

Season two returns with fast-talking New Yorker Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson), whose carefully planned life as a cardio-thoracic surgeon in New York City somehow went awry. Zoe is now officially a general practitioner in tiny BlueBell, Alabama, where the neighbors take care of one another, the mailman knows your name, there’s a parade every Tuesday…but the townsfolk still aren’t quite sure what to make of Dr. Zoe Hart. Yet she won’t let that discourage her from being the best GP in the country.

Last season, arriving in quaint, picturesque Bluebell, Zoe warmed to town golden boy, George Tucker (Scott Porter), and clashed with Dr. Brick Breeland (Tim Matheson). Zoe’s presence will continue to cause friction with Brick’s daughter Lemon (Jaime King) -- the sweet southern belle that struggles to keep things civil with Zoe, especially after George calls off his wedding with Lemon, and all of BlueBell blames Dr. Hart.

Zoe lives in the guesthouse of her best friend and Bluebell’s mayor, Lavon Hayes (Cress Williams), her confidant and steadfast supporter. Next door, local bad-boy and mischievous charmer Wade Kinsella (Wilson Bethel) sparks a little fire within Zoe that leads to romance, despite the torch she carries for George.

Upcoming Episode Promos:

Episode Stills;
2.22 - On the Road Again

2.22 - On the Road Again - written by Leila Gerstein, directed by Tim Matheson | Airdate: 5/7/13
NEW OPPORTUNITIES / GLORIANA PERFORMS - After having a rough time in BlueBell, Zoe (Rachel Bilson) decides a little time in New York City might be the perfect opportunity to give her some much needed perspective. But a medical emergency on the plane forces her to complete the trip with an unexpected companion. George (Scott Porter) struggles with his constant relationship misfortunes, until he runs in to Lily Anne (guest star Amy Ferguson), who helps him with his heartache. When Lemon (Jaime King) promises that the Rammer Jammer will be having a special concert with the band Gloriana, she must scramble to make it happen, with the less-than-enthusiastic help of Wade (Wilson Bethel). Meanwhile, Lavon (Cress Williams) discovers that the opposing town's Mayor has stolen something dear to him and enlists the help of the townspeople to get it back. [source]
  • Tim Matheson tweeted that the finale will involve Gators, a plane, cars, songs, a BIG country band, a "kidnapping", and romance [source]
  • During a flight bound to NY, Zoe is surprised to find Jonah on board when a medical emergency occurs. Zoe recounts the history of her romantic life to a fellow passenger revealing that she recently slept with Wade and also told George about her feelings despite his relationship with Tansy. [source] and [source] and [source]
  • Something drives George to drink. [source]
  • Lily Anne is back in the finale [source]
  • Part of the finale is being shot on location. [source]
  • Travis Van Winkle (Jonah) tweeted a picture of a bus in front of a green screen. [source]
  • An HoD editor tweeted a picture of a hotel. [source] and [source]
  • Rev. Mayfair is back for the finale. [source]
  • Gloriana is the big band set to play in the finale. They will perform "Can't Shake You". [source]
  • Todd Gainy, Sr., the Mayor of Fillmore, is in the finale. [source]
  • RB says that there will be certain surprises in the finale that may or may not have people excited. [source]
  • Zoe is on the news [source]
  • Editor tweeted a picture of Zoe and Wade on a country road by a fence. [source]
  • Random Finale Pictures: Tom, Rev. Mayfair, Mayor Gainy, & AB, various cast members & crew w/ Burt Reynolds, RB & crew member on location w/ WB in background in red plaid shirt
Guest Stars;

Season 1
Scotty McCreery as himself
Justin Hartley as Wade's brother
Gary Cole as Zoe's dad

Season 2
Golden Brooks as Ruby Jeffries (Lavon's high school sweetheart and Lemon's rival, befriends Zoe)
Charlie Robinson as Sgt. Jeffries
Laura Bell Bundy as Shelby (potential love interest for George)
Kelen Coleman as Presley (love interest for George)
Mircea Monroe as Tansy (Wade's Ex-Wife season 1 & 2)
McKayla Maroney as Tonya, a friend of Rose's
Travis Van Winkle as Jonah Breeland (a doctor and Lemon's cousin)

General Spoilers;
Question: What does Zoe and Wade’s break-up on Hart of Dixie mean for George and Tansy? —Melissa
Ausiello: In the short term? It’ll bring them closer together. “I don’t think it’s going to fray their relationship,” ventures Scott Porter. “If anything, it gives them something else to bond over and to focus on outside of their relationship.” Rachel Bilson, however, suspects the show will eventually pull the trigger on George/Zoe on account of the fact that “we haven’t seen them together yet.” (Plus, there’s a scene later this season where even the local gossip columnist is buzzing about, as he puts it, a “Zeorge” romance!) Bonus Scoop: Dixie‘s season finale, titled “On the Road Again,” finds Zoe traveling back to the Big Apple (for reasons that are not immediately clear). [source]

Heather: I think we are owed some great Zade scoop, about them getting back together, right? Or Wade doing everything he can to win Zoe back? Please?
How about this for a juicy Hart of Dixie tease: Zoe will sleep with either George or Wade before the season finale. Boom. [source]

TeamZade: Wade and Zoe scoop, please.
Though Hart of Dixie fans, some of them anyway, were devastated when the duo split, their relationship isn't completely over with and the two will share at least one major moment by finale's end. Too bad she also shares a big moment with George and Jonah is still around in the finale. Some girls have all the luck, no? [source]

ampdalejr89: Zoe and George scoop would be really, really, really, really, really nice! #HartofDixie #spoilerchat
Prepare for your ship to set sail again! "George is in a happy relationship for the first time in a long time and in comes Zoe Hart to try to ruin it all once again," Scott Porter teases. "So, things are going to get bumpy for George. And there's some more singing in the future and there might be a couple of kisses with people who aren't Tansy." Woah! So can we expect a juicy moment between George and Zoe? "I would say we're heading that way, yes!" [source]

PRE-FINALE EPISODES | First a disclaimer from Dixie creator Leila Gerstein: “Zoe is in the middle of a nervous breakdown” — which we'll soon witness — “since Wade cheated on her. As such, we should be seeing the remaining episodes through the lens of someone who has just had their heart obliterated.” Got it? Good. “Zoe may think that she's now in love with George, and she may be,” teases the EP, “but don't think that all hope for Zoe and Wade is lost.” Other Dixie deets of note: Brick's illness will be unveiled sooner rather than later, “smooth sailing” awaits new loves Annabeth and Lavon and Lemon and Wade will experience more than a few growing pains in their Rammer Jammer venture. As for George and his gal, Gerstein shares, “After things with him and Zoe reach a head, Tansy's not going to be happy about it — as should be expected.”

MAY 7 SEASON FINALE | “This is 100 percent not meant to be a series ender,” Gerstein laughs. “We leave on a cliffhanger, with everyone being sent off for the summer [and our plans to] pick up in Season 3 after some time had passed.” That said, “The finale is kind of satisfying for everyone,” she promises. The hour will showcase a more “grown up side” to Lemon and Wade — with both (finally) enjoying “a lovely victory in the end.” And, following her breakdown, Zoe will head home to New York — but just “for some distance;” not for good. For all the 'shippers out there, expect some standout Wade/Zoe, Zoe/George, Lemon/Lavon and Zoe/Jonah moments during the final installment. [source]

Question: My hart broke when Zoe/Wade broke up on Hart of Dixie. They didn’t get nearly enough time “together.” Please tell me Zoe gives Wade another chance! —Lauren
Ausiello: I see what you did there. Hart. Hart of Dixie. Clever. I may steal that for next week’s AA. In the meantime, exec producer Leila Gerstein insists Wade’s infidelity and the pair’s subsequent breakup “was never intended to be the end” of their story. “It is a long series [and] we expect to do many, many, many more episodes of this show,” she adds of the recently renewed dramedy. “And they’re not even done for this season! There will be another connection between Zoe and Wade before the season is over. I would certainly tell ‘Zade’ fans out there that they should not be giving up hope.”[source]

Question: Any good Hart of Dixie scoop you could possibly dish out? —Stephanie
Ausiello: George and Tansy’s recent break-up doesn’t necessarily mean Mircea Monroe is leaving the show. It may mean that. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that. Allow exec producer Leila Gerstein explain: “We love Mircea and would welcome her back in any capacity… I don’t think [her split with George] means there’s not Tansy and George in the future, because they’re very adorable together. And it doesn’t mean that there’s not Tansy and someone else ahead!” [source]

Interviews:
'Hart of Dixie': Cress Williams' Mayor Lavon gets to 'wear his heart on his sleeve'
Hart of Dixie segment from On the Red Carpet w/ interviews from WB, CW, JK, & Gloriana (video)
'Hart of Dixie' season 2 finale: Cress Williams says Burt is back
'Hart of Dixie' Boss Previews 'Heated' Season 2 Finale (Q&A)

header image by Tracie76

Last edited by Tracie76; 05-07-2013 at 03:59 PM
Old 05-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I have a feeling the cliffhanger is him going after Zoe--fade to black then we get some weird back/forth explanation of what actually happened in the premiere.
That is what I am thinking as well. Either he meets up with her or he doesn't.

That still isn't going to leave much for WZ fans to speculate about though since I'm sure the implication is going to be that they won't be together for a while. So unless Zoe says she loves Wade or something at the fence, I'm not sure what else is there.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Extreme Fan

tftnt!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt

I don't know if they are going to do that. But, maybe there fence seen shows a lot of emotion and she talks about how she isn't ready to forgive him and it not being about her feelings for him. IDK tbh. Even last season which had a big ZW focus still had something for GZ fans so this one has to do that for ZW. They are going to want to satisfy both sides.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
That is what I am thinking as well. Either he meets up with her or he doesn't.

That still isn't going to leave much for WZ fans to speculate about though since I'm sure the implication is going to be that they won't be together for a while. So unless Zoe says she loves Wade or something at the fence, I'm not sure what else is there.
Since it doesn't look like Zoe is going to forgive Wade any time soon (the scream, although annoying, kind of made it obvious that Zoe does NOT want to get in anything with Wade), I think that the WZ "moment" might be something like in 2x17 but more progressive. In 2x17 she said "I may not like you, but I don't hate you" and so in the finale it could be "I'm not ready, but one day I might be able to forgive you". It has a "when I'm healed and you're healed" vibe that I don't like but I think at this point, that's the most WZ fans can expect.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
tftnt

I don't know if they are going to do that. But, maybe there fence seen shows a lot of emotion and she talks about how she isn't ready to forgive him and it not being about her feelings for him. IDK tbh. Even last season which had a big ZW focus still had something for GZ fans so this one has to do that for ZW. They are going to want to satisfy both sides.
That is what I figure. I also figure that George could go after her because I don't think that there is anything when they talk in the promo that could be considered a moment.

And yet being left with a season of build up to culminate in George riding off after Zoe and Zoe being unwilling to forgive Wade and Wade returning to the RJ with his sad face and puppy dog eyes to listen to Can't Shake You doesn't leave me all that excited to check back in next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eames (View Post)
Since it doesn't look like Zoe is going to forgive Wade any time soon (the scream, although annoying, kind of made it obvious that Zoe does NOT want to get in anything with Wade), I think that the WZ "moment" might be something like in 2x17 but more progressive. In 2x17 she said "I may not like you, but I don't hate you" and so in the finale it could be "I'm not ready, but one day I might be able to forgive you". It has a "when I'm healed and you're healed" vibe that I don't like but I think at this point, that's the most WZ fans can expect.
Honestly after the cheating story line is that all we are left with? My answer is they can **** off. Seriously. No offense to the language, but that is what that leaves me feeling.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I think I'm the only one in the "Zoe will definitely forgive Wade camp". Ha!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimix57 (View Post)
you think?

Technically she shouldn't still be angry after using him for sex (in order to boost her self-esteem) in 221. I felt bad for her initially but her OTT behavior is getting too much.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

I know LG doesn't do interviews well, but she mentioned the triangle twice saying that the triangle was heating up and heading for an explosive head.

There is nothing heated or explosive about a heartfelt ZW talk and George driving to NY after Zoe.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimix57 (View Post)
I want to be in that camp as well I just don't like putting too much trust in LG.

And I don't see George going after Zoe in terms of the timing. I mean, she talks with Wade in the afternoon and by the time Gloriana is playing, it's night. Unless George plans on catching a flight and meeting Zoe in NY, I don't see him chasing someone a few days after he broke up with Tansy.

Also, does anyone see the George singing scenes like a parallel to Wade shirtless scenes? I mean, fans respond to it and the writers kind of overdo it by making the characters do the same thing too many times.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
I know LG doesn't do interviews well, but she mentioned the triangle twice saying that the triangle was heating up and heading for an explosive head.

There is nothing heated or explosive about a heartfelt ZW talk and George driving to NY after Zoe.
We never know with that woman. She seems to have her own ideas about things. She thought Wade cheating was the natural progression for ZW. I say this as a nonshipper---dumbest way to breakup a couple ever.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I want to be in that camp as well I just don't like putting too much trust in LG.

And I don't see George going after Zoe in terms of the timing. I mean, she talks with Wade in the afternoon and by the time Gloriana is playing, it's night. Unless George plans on catching a flight and meeting Zoe in NY, I don't see him chasing someone a few days after he broke up with Tansy.

Also, does anyone see the George singing scenes like a parallel to Wade shirtless scenes? I mean, fans respond to it and the writers kind of overdo it by making the characters do the same thing too many times.
I'd rather see George shirtless than him singing. Did you see that twitter pic
Ultimate Fan

I am not in the "Zoe will forgive Wade in the finale" camp, because if she does and still tries it out with George in season 3, it means that she doesn't feel that strongly about Wade.

I would much rather she says she can't forgive him, but like Shu said, it isn't about her feelings for him.

Quote:
We never know with that woman. She seems to have her own ideas about things. She thought Wade cheating was the natural progression for ZW. I say this as a nonshipper---dumbest way to breakup a couple ever.
After I had some time to digest the cheating, I didn't hate it, because if they broke up because they fought too much or was too different, the chances of them being together again was less than for her to forgive him. They aren't going to suddenly become more similar or fight less. But I really recent her comment about ZW headed to their "natural place" unless LG meant that Zoe is really naturally insane, and Wade nothing but a lying cheating bastard and we know that isn't true from what we have seen in the 36 episodes prior.

Last edited by Fogh; 05-07-2013 at 02:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
you think?

Technically she shouldn't still be angry after using him for sex (in order to boost her self-esteem) in 221. I felt bad for her initially but her OTT behavior is getting too much.
Someone who can go up to the person who broke her heart the week prior to tell him that she doesn't hate him can definitely find it in her heart to forgive him.
Doesn't mean she is willing to get back together with him.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread