Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

HAPPY HOD DAY!!!! This time last year ...

<3 still waiting on that rain check <3

Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Extreme Fan

^
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

That scene is so great I have kept it on the DVR since it aired last December. Follow up tonight on the rain check would be perfect.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Wade looks so good in that scene, I mean he always does, but I love the white t-shirt/plaid shirt combo and that smile *swoon* And the smile Zoe gives him in return is just adorable!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
On the surface, it would seem that she and George are a better match, so what do you think is the outlook for her having a long-term relationship with Wade, who's not her equal in education or sophistication?

Rachel Bilson: They're totally unequal. Usually it does bother the guy more. There's something lacking. It's always interesting to explore the unexpected or what you don't see coming. On paper, George and Zoe make perfect sense. Sometimes in life, you see people and say, "They totally make sense. They totally don't make sense." And the ones that don't make sense last.

So what is up with that? The "opposites attract" thing, maybe. But Wade's character has shown that there's more to him than meets the eye, so it's interesting.
‘Hart of Dixie’: Rachel Bilson on Zoe and Wade’s long-term prospects - Zap2it
Old 12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Extreme Fan

I read that. What I didn't get was the "there's something lacking" part! Is she talking about ZW? Or ZG? I don't get it!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I think she's talking about the inequality part and that the guy usually feels bad...

-Hannah
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

She is just referring to the fact that a lot of guys do have a problem not being on an unequal level with their partner if they are the one considered lower. I believe that we will be seeing a lot of Wade's insecurity about this coming out in the 2nd half of the season especially with Jonah around who is Zoe's equal in education and career. Zoe more than likely doesn't care since she is choosing to be with Wade. It will more than likely be Wade who thinks that he has to prove himself worthy of being with her.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm still not sure I understand, so what's "lacking" is that it, at this point in their relationship at least, doesn't bother Wade that they're "unequal" (I don't really like that term, even though I get what she means)? I'm still confused I think I understand what she's trying to say and if that's correct, then she didn't phrase what she wanted to say very well!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna20 (View Post)
I'm still not sure I understand, so what's "lacking" is that it, at this point in their relationship at least, doesn't bother Wade that they're "unequal" (I don't really like that term, even though I get what she means)? I'm still confused I think I understand what she's trying to say and if that's correct, then she didn't phrase what she wanted to say very well!
I think she was trying to tell it from the man's POV. A man may very well feel that he is lacking in that role. When Jonah comes around I do expect to see this happen with Wade. Again it doesn't mean that the relationship is lacking, but that the man may feel like he needs to prove himself. Where as if you have the roles reversed and it is the male earning more money etc then the female is generally ok with it since that isn't frowned upon by society. Some men may feel like less of a man if they make less money than their partner.

In other words it is generally accepted that the man in a relationship is the breadwinner and earns more money. It is perfectly acceptable for a woman to even stay home and have no income. No one really bats an eye at that. But usually if a man stays home sometimes people may wonder if he is just lazy or something. People want to know why the guy is staying home while the woman works.

It is an interesting take on role reversals and should be interesting. Wade already has self esteem issues so this plays right into that.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I think she was trying to tell it from the man's POV. A man may very well feel that he is lacking in that role. When Jonah comes around I do expect to see this happen with Wade. Again it doesn't mean that the relationship is lacking, but that the man may feel like he needs to prove himself. Where as if you have the roles reversed and it is the male earning more money etc then the female is generally ok with it since that isn't frowned upon by society. Some men may feel like less of a man if they make less money than their partner.
That makes sense! I though she was talking about their relationship! Thanks for explaining
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I don't think she means the relationship is lacking but that Wade may feel he is lacking in some way because he isn't as rich or educated.

-Hannah
Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully we should see Wade starting to think about his future more. I really like that idea and the way it seems the story is going.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hopefully we should see Wade starting to think about his future more. I really like that idea and the way it seems the story is going.
I'm sure that if we get enough seasons, Wade will be a bar owner at some point!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I like it too. I am very curious where they go.

-Hannah
Closed Thread   Post New Thread