Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgranger (View Post)
tracie, do can you tell me the sides info for the episodes that we have? (besides 10 & 11) if you have time and can pm me or post here?
The info that is listed in the OP for episodes 12-15 is all that is in the sides that we have. The wasn't much to the sides so the spoiler sites already spoiled what was there. There isn't any more for me to add. For 16 I'm waiting until the spoiler sites start spoiling stuff which I would expect to come either tonight or tomorrow since that stuff just came out.

Taking a guess since it looks like the show will return on 1/15 from the winter break, episodes 14-17 should be the sweeps episodes.

Last edited by Tracie76; 12-09-2012 at 07:24 AM
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

What are sweeps episodes?

The Wade I know doesn't cheat! And everything else is just crappy writing!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina82 (View Post)
What are sweeps episodes?
I'm just going to copy from Wikipedia LOL

Quote:
Diaries are also used to collect viewing information from sample homes in many television markets in the United States, and smaller markets are measured by paper diaries only. Each year Nielsen processes approximately 2 million paper diaries from households across the country for the months of November, February, May, and July—also known as the "sweeps" rating periods. Seven-day diaries (or eight-day diaries in homes with DVRs) are mailed to homes to keep a tally of what is watched on each television set and by whom. Over the course of a sweeps period, diaries are mailed to a new panel of homes each week. At the end of the month, all of the viewing data from the individual weeks is aggregated.
They are a really important time for ratings. And that is when you'll get more things happening. Episode 8 was supposed to be the end of the sweeps. So you'll get episodes designed to draw viewers in and not as many throw away episodes.

Here is a better explanation:
Quote:
During these periods, the performance of the 250 local television markets in the U.S. is thoroughly researched. It is also during these peak periods that the most attention-grabbing shows are aired, in an effort to gain the best ratings.

It is the information gathered from each of these periods that determines how much to charge an advertiser for a specific time slot and also how much profit can be earned. Local stations with low-rated shows will receive the least from advertisers and sponsoring networks. Sometimes this leads to the misconception that "sensational" or high-drama local news increases viewership and, hence, more advertising revenue for the station.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/insidelocalnews/ratings.html
---------------------------

Anyway the whole point of mentioning that they are sweeps episodes to bring it back to HoD is that these are the episodes that things should be happening in that make us want to watch and talk about the show. We see that Jonah is coming in episode 14 so that is the start. I'd expect any movement in ZW's relationship to take place during this time either troubles (more than likely) and maybe for them to break up or nearly break up at the end of the sweeps. We may also get a short hiatus after the sweeps like last season. So that would also be a cliffhanger. All of this is just speculation on my part. We may see other couples break up or come together. Maybe Lavon and Lemon. People sometimes get sick. Generally expect more drama during sweeps than when it isn't. I believe last season was the MOTY episode during sweeps. So I expect things to happen in episodes 14-17 with 17 probably being the bigger one, but the build up may start before that.

Last edited by Tracie76; 12-09-2012 at 09:05 AM
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the explanation

If the MOTY episode was part of the sweeps episodes last year, then I really hope they do better this year!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation

If the MOTY episode was part of the sweeps episodes last year, then I really hope they do better this year!!!
These were the sweeps episodes last season.

1x13 - Sort of an end to ZW
1x14 - Zoe found out about Lemon/Lavon
1x15 - George & Lemon eloped
1x16 - MOTY and shift back to ZG

So last season the sweeps were used to end ZW, move the L/L/G triangle forward and also to shift back to ZG. We also got at the end of 1x16 that Wade was still interested in Zoe and hurt when she was in the room with George and they held hands. So they also didn't really kill the ZW part of the W/Z/G triangle. They just slowed it down so they could shift and start on ZG. And they also worked on bringing out the secret of L/L.

The show also took a month long break after episode 16. And then came back and geared up for the finale.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
These were the sweeps episodes last season.

1x13 - Sort of an end to ZW
1x14 - Zoe found out about Lemon/Lavon
1x15 - George & Lemon eloped
1x16 - MOTY and shift back to ZG

So last season the sweeps were used to end ZW, move the L/L/G triangle forward and also to shift back to ZG. We also got at the end of 1x16 that Wade was still interested in Zoe and hurt when she was in the room with George and they held hands. So they also didn't really kill the ZW part of the W/Z/G triangle. They just slowed it down so they could shift and start on ZG. And they also worked on bringing out the secret of L/L.

The show also took a month long break after episode 16. And then came back and geared up for the finale.
You know, I think there is a very good chance the sweeps episodes are better this year. Apart from 13 last year's episodes belong to those I like the least. Only 19 was even worse.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know, I think there a very good chances the sweeps episodes are better this year. Apart from 13 last year's episodes belong to those I like the least. Only 19 was even worse.
I agree that last year's episodes don't really stand out to me. I think they actually did a much better job gearing up for the finale. For me the standouts were episodes 18 and 20 that had a significant impact in the story.

I hope they do a better job this season, but I do expect them to do something to ZW since it seems like they are still together in 214. So I definitely think we'll have some movement and trouble in their relationship. Also we have Jonah coming so we don't know his true purpose aside from pissing us off. I also don't know what they are doing with Lemon and Lavon. I think they are going there this season, but I don't know because of the sparks with AB in 213. So that might be a triangle that starts to develop during that time as well.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think Jonah's real purpose is to join the bells and eventually to become the Memory Matron

As for Zoe & Wade, it would be really stupid to break them up so soon again after they needed half the season to get together for real.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Jonah's real purpose is to join the bells and eventually to become the Memory Matron

As for Zoe & Wade, it would be really stupid to break them up so soon again after they needed half the season to get together for real.
It makes more sense to me that if Zoe thinks that things won't work because they are too different that it would happen sooner rather than later. If she spends the rest of the season with him and then going into next season you can't really use that as an excuse. How long does it take you to figure out that things aren't working out because of her concerns? And how long would you stay with someone if that was the case? She was already in a relationship for 6 years that she got comfortable in. I don't think that she'll be able to get comfortable in a relationship with Wade. He'll either drive her nuts in a good way or a bad way or probably both. But if the bad starts to outweigh the good, how long do you want to continue going crazy for? It is easy if you are with someone and they are just there and you don't care one way or another. I don't think it will be easy with Wade.

I think they will keep them together long enough for real feelings to develop on both sides, but not long enough that they can't use the excuse that Zoe thinks they are too different to really work. I think that whatever they do they will definitely keep everything so that it can be revisited either this season or for future seasons if the show gets renewed. If they do it that way they have a reason as to why they'd get back together (feelings) in the future, but a valid reason to break up now that doesn't make it impossible for them to be together again. I don't think the triangle of hell is leaving anytime soon and will reappear at various times.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hate to be constantly afraid that Zoe and Wade might break up, just because Zoe gets crazy all of a sudden again. So I just hope/pretend that the stupid triangle doesn't exist anymore!
Actually, now that I think about it, there was never much of a triangle to begin with. When Zoe was all over George, she didn't even consider Wade as an option, and as soon as Wade became an option for her (even if only sexually at first), she actually pushed George away.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hate to be constantly afraid that Zoe and Wade might break up, just because Zoe gets crazy all of a sudden again. So I just hope/pretend that the stupid triangle doesn't exist anymore!
Actually, now that I think about it, there was never much of a triangle to begin with. When Zoe was all over George, she didn't even consider Wade as an option, and as soon as Wade became an option for her (even if only sexually at first), she actually pushed George away.
I'd like to pretend as well, but I'd rather not get smacked with another 205 so I always keep that thought in the back of my mind. LOL Not to always sound so pessimistic about it. But it is a TV show and things happen. And that is sort of the way I see the triangle continuing. The times when they've played her being torn and the longer it goes on the worse Zoe looks. So I don't think we'll have too much of that on this show. This isn't a soap and although drama and angst are good when used appropriately at heart this show is fluff. There isn't anything wrong with it, but when they try to stray too far into the drama territory then that isn't good. Most people got hooked on the show because it wasn't heavy. It was an easy way to pass an hour of mindless fun. It seems like the writers got that this season and even though we have angst there are definitely light moments in there to break things up. And the angst has a purpose and for the most part makes sense and is being used to drive the story forward.

And as a ZW fan I don't mind a break up in the future. I see how it can actually benefit the characters and even strengthen their relationship. So for me as long as it serves a purpose and a break up isn't over something that I would find irredeemable, I can be fine with it. LOL But I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'd like to pretend as well, but I'd rather not get smacked with another 205 so I always keep that thought in the back of my mind. LOL Not to always sound so pessimistic about it. But it is a TV show and things happen. And that is sort of the way I see the triangle continuing. The times when they've played her being torn and the longer it goes on the worse Zoe looks. So I don't think we'll have too much of that on this show. This isn't a soap and although drama and angst are good when used appropriately at heart this show is fluff. There isn't anything wrong with it, but when they try to stray too far into the drama territory then that isn't good. Most people got hooked on the show because it wasn't heavy. It was an easy way to pass an hour of mindless fun. It seems like the writers got that this season and even though we have angst there are definitely light moments in there to break things up. And the angst has a purpose and for the most part makes sense and is being used to drive the story forward.
I agree, and so far I like/love most of the things they have done so far. I think the only exceptions are George in 201, Ruby, Zoe in 205, Ruby, and partially Zoe in 209. Oh and did I mention Ruby?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, and so far I like/love most of the things they have done so far. I think the only exceptions are George in 201, Ruby, Zoe in 205, Ruby, and partially Zoe in 209. Oh and did I mention Ruby?
That is the way I feel as well. I'd even still add in Wade's total lack of reaction in 201. There should have still been a shot for the viewers to see so he didn't come across as so much of an ass. I got his behavior and he didn't have to soften toward Zoe, but there should have been something for the fans that was consistent with last season. The viewers should have been let in on that he was hurt in some way. Although they sure as hell made up for that in 205, 208, & 209. I've had my fair share of hurt Wade now and am ready for Happy Wade again.

And it looks like Merry Christmas to us since Ruby should be gone after the next episode. And the funny thing was upon rewatching 209 I was actually warming toward her as a friend for Zoe. I liked how she told Zoe "enough about you, it is me time." Zoe needs a friend like that who cuts through all the bs. Lemon could be it, but I'm not sure I want them being friendly like that just yet.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That is the way I feel as well. I'd even still add in Wade's total lack of reaction in 201. There should have still been a shot for the viewers to see so he didn't come across as so much of an ass. I got his behavior and he didn't have to soften toward Zoe, but there should have been something for the fans that was consistent with last season. The viewers should have been let in on that he was hurt in some way. Although they sure as hell made up for that in 205, 208, & 209. I've had my fair share of hurt Wade now and am ready for Happy Wade again.
I agree! And I'm also adding the lack of Wade/Lavon scenes to the list

Quote:
And it looks like Merry Christmas to us since Ruby should be gone after the next episode. And the funny thing was upon rewatching 209 I was actually warming toward her as a friend for Zoe. I liked how she told Zoe "enough about you, it is me time." Zoe needs a friend like that who cuts through all the bs. Lemon could be it, but I'm not sure I want them being friendly like that just yet.
I admit I liked that line but it was too little and too late to change my opinion of Ruby at all.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

A preview of 210: Hart of Dixie 2.10 Preview: Blue Christmas and Drunk Santa
Closed Thread   Post New Thread