Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought Lily was awful in the last episode. She's been such a horrible person for the last few, to be honest. I felt really sorry for Ivy at the end.

And Serena isn't much better. I had to laugh at Nate firing her though. I really hate The Spectator storyline. I would much rather Lola was dating Nate the lacrosse-playing Columbia student. I knew the minute she told him about the 'bribe' (that made no sense) that he would tell Serena. This story is so nonsensical.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut5 (View Post)
I thought Lily was awful in the last episode. She's been such a horrible person for the last few, to be honest. I felt really sorry for Ivy at the end.

And Serena isn't much better. I had to laugh at Nate firing her though. I really hate The Spectator storyline. I would much rather Lola was dating Nate the lacrosse-playing Columbia student. I knew the minute she told him about the 'bribe' (that made no sense) that he would tell Serena. This story is so nonsensical.
I agree. Lily was the worst character in this episode. First, they all have to be ashamed of themselves for trying to set Ivy up. Secondly, she was so condescending, not only about Florida trash but her own husband's abode. She complained and nagged and why couldn't she just relax for a few freaking months at her husband's place? The guy spends his days buying her Cartier jewelry with her own money, can't she just let him take care of them for a few months without nagging and complaining about every single thing?

I agree about Serena as well and I wonder what else she's going to do with GG's powers and how it'll corrupt her. And the old dude interrupting her, why couldn't she make a quick excuse that she had to go to the ladies room? Anyway, all for drama.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

When Lola said she had to go to class, I was like RIGHT they're all in school apparently! and I actually laughed out loud

And it's so stupid how they're making Lily so anti-Brooklyn (I know it's to service the plot to create problems for her and Rufus, but it's really just making her look even more awful on top of all the Ivy stuff)

I can't decide who's side I'm on in the Ivy/VdW war, they're all getting on my nerves
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I think people are taking DB being drunk far too seriously. It was being used in a comedic way to address a DB relationship issue (that many couples face) in constrast to the other dramas going on with the other characters.

I got a great laugh out of it, it was nice to see a somewhat normal relationship issue on the show and both Penn and Leighton played it brilliantly. The were drunk, yes but they were not completely wrecked and you could tell they were genuinely really happy to be together and having a drink to relax a little and let their insecurities go is perfectly fine in my eyes and certainly nothing to look into any further than that. I think we all are guilty of forgetting that these characters are still young, and it's refreshing to see them acting their age.

They are two people who genuinley care for each other who are in a new relationship and they are still trying to adjust to each other. It happens a lot. Going out for a drink with your bf or gf and fooling around is certainly not uncommon and is not a comparison to previous relationships.

I've never understood the GG fandoms obsession with the characters drinking. As if it's so wrong or unusual for people in their early twenties to be drunk.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

I have to admit, I was sort of loving Lily during the meeting with the one lawyer.

'She's done something illegal. I just have to find out what.' I liked that line.

Lily's been boring lately...Lily and Serena were the best part of the Ivy/VDW boringness of this episode for me.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
What exactly does 0.5/2 mean?
Here is the short version: Nielsen Media Research provides statistics on specific demographics as advertising rates are influenced by such factors as age, gender, race, economic class, and area. Younger viewers are considered more attractive for many products, whereas in some cases older and wealthier audiences are desired, or female audiences are desired over males.

If you want to read more go here: Nielsen ratings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's important for a show to raise or at least maintain their demo week to week for advertising rates. The higher the demo the more they can charge. Maintaining the demo at least keeps the rate as is; drop in demo on a weekly bases then you lose money.

Last edited by buffynspike; 04-03-2012 at 09:20 AM
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchtheFire (View Post)

I can't decide who's side I'm on in the Ivy/VdW war, they're all getting on my nerves
I think the IRS needs to claim some unpaid debts so neither side gets the money.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchtheFire (View Post)
Blair 1x08 confession: "After being broken up with my boyfriend for exactly 20 minutes, I succumbed to inebriation, performed at a speakeasy and surrendered my virtue to a a self-absorbed ass"

That's why, but everyone's got a right to not take things at face value (it just goes both ways)

I don't even understand what the point of this argument is though, peace and love people

IT with all of this!! we all have the right to think whatever we want about face value -Some DB fans take DBs canon dislike for 4 seasons as some sort of buried attraction or build up. I don't see it - but totally their perogitive to see it that way.

ITA with you as well about the Ivy VDW drama - they are all annoying me how can I choose a side !?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie23 (View Post)
I think people are taking DB being drunk far too seriously. It was being used in a comedic way to address a DB relationship issue (that many couples face) in constrast to the other dramas going on with the other characters.

I got a great laugh out of it, it was nice to see a somewhat normal relationship issue on the show and both Penn and Leighton played it brilliantly. The were drunk, yes but they were not completely wrecked and you could tell they were genuinely really happy to be together and having a drink to relax a little and let their insecurities go is perfectly fine in my eyes and certainly nothing to look into any further than that. I think we all are guilty of forgetting that these characters are still young, and it's refreshing to see them acting their age.

They are two people who genuinley care for each other who are in a new relationship and they are still trying to adjust to each other. It happens a lot. Going out for a drink with your bf or gf and fooling around is certainly not uncommon and is not a comparison to previous relationships.

I've never understood the GG fandoms obsession with the characters drinking. As if it's so wrong or unusual for people in their early twenties to be drunk.
Perfectly said!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

oh the drunk convo. knew that was coming. why is everyone acting like this is the first time a couple has had sex while being drunk? Unlike the other examples of drunk sex on this show, DB are in a relationship, they both wanted to have sex with each other while sober(they've been trying for a month), they had a good time, WHO CARES. honestly. Also they had sex 3 times within a few hours, if they were soooo wasted I doubt Dan wold have been up for that.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
I think the IRS needs to claim some unpaid debts so neither side gets the money.
hah how OC
Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffynspike (View Post)
Here is the short version: Nielsen Media Research provides statistics on specific demographics as advertising rates are influenced by such factors as age, gender, race, economic class, and area. Younger viewers are considered more attractive for many products, whereas in some cases older and wealthier audiences are desired, or female audiences are desired over males.

If you want to read more go here: Nielsen ratings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's important for a show to raise or at least maintain their demo week to week for advertising rates. The higher the demo the more they can charge. Maintaining the demo at least keeps the rate as is; drop in demo on a weekly bases then you lose money.
But with 0.5/2 what does each number stand for? Is 0.5 the number of viewers in within specific age range? What does the 2 stand for then?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
I thought you were staying out of here, I know it's hard, I've tried.

(Lucas&Peyton, Blair and Dan, Seth and Summer, Zack and Kelly, Ray and Neela, Ryan and Marissa)
icon by rosie_nic
[/B]
Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
oh the drunk convo. knew that was coming. why is everyone acting like this is the first time a couple has had sex while being drunk? Unlike the other examples of drunk sex on this show, DB are in a relationship, they both wanted to have sex with each other while sober(they've been trying for a month), they had a good time, WHO CARES. honestly. Also they had sex 3 times within a few hours, if they were soooo wasted I doubt Dan wold have been up for that.
That's right! I forgot Blair mentioned the bathroom of the place they were going
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Someone from Ed's board went to the set and see that it's Penn and Blake's trailers, fyi..

Where's my Derena fans???
Closed Thread   Post New Thread