Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
IMO she told the priest she was drunk as a way to justify it to herself.
I'm not saying you should only take things at face value, but why is it with CB you have to reach so much beyond what is actually said and shown to justify your reasoning while with DB--even though the writers gave the reason and the characters saying it was an anomaly, not to mention common sense and studies regarding alcohol's usage and effects--you can only isolate one situation out of context and beat people's brains with it over and over again?
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortycm18 (View Post)
If there is one thing you don't question a CB fan on its the limo scene in 1 07. we have that scene memorized front to back

They show her having one glass of champagne - she's completely coherent when she gets up to dance. In the limo she says "thanks for the lift" again, perfectly coherently. No slurring or change of voice tone whatsoever

IMO she told the priest she was drunk as a way to justify it to herself.

That being said I don't see what the Big deal is about DB being drunk - so what if they were?? It won't stay a problem for long. but they definitely were
Personally I'm of the belief that they were pretty damn buzzed. Blair herself said she needed a bigger buzz to go to Ivy's party. Drunk people don't act the way Dan and Blair acted; especially their interaction in the cab. Bachelorette Blair; now she was drunk LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clair carlyle (View Post)
Was the conversation she had with Dan incoherent? I understood every single word and banter whereas I can't even hear Chuck when he's sober. They had more of a dialogue than 1x07. And of course it's different... because Dair is just generally a funnier, happier and less ~dark dynamic.

Why are we still arguing about this? If it was as a clear sign of how doomed DB is, you wouldn't be trying so hard to convince people.
Actually, if you read, my very first post said clearly that I was stating my opinion. I was never trying to convince anyone.

And I NEVER said it meant DB are doomed, so please quit putting words in my mouth.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Addicted Fan

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...source=twitter

GG returns to 0.5 demo with 1.06 million viewers
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

lol ohh the same old talk I see LOL

Final ratings anyone?

haha, right when I asked, sanchy.

CW Gossip Girl 0.5/2 1.06
Old 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Exactly. Just to create drama. If Ivy really doesn't want to be blackballed and just wants to enjoy the money, why kick them out of their home. Fine, they pissed her off at the wake but she should have apologized and asked them to return. But there's no enough drama with that.

It don't know about total numbers but GG managed to hold on to its demo despite everything.

I wonder why they aired a HOD repeat at the last minute. It must be to give it a better chance given the Directtv stuff and let's not even talk about the crazy competition.
I don't blame Ivy for kicking them out. Lily accused her of murder, Ivy tried with them and they treated her awful. Ivy shouldn't bow down to them, but stand up for herself.

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
Coco Chanel
Icon: http://split-loyalties.livejournal.com/
Old 04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiangal (View Post)
Blair wasn't drunk when she had sex with Chuck the first time...why do people keep saying that. One glass of champagne is NOTHING. I don't consider having one drink to then be called...drunk.
I think the point people are making is that she was drinking. We really don't know how much she had; we saw her with on glass and assumed it was all. She told a priest she was drunk. So I can do one of two things assume Blair would lie to a Priest or that she may have had more than one drink
Old 04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjjb (View Post)
I don't blame Ivy for kicking them out. Lily accused her of murder, Ivy tried with them and they treated her awful. Ivy shouldn't bow down to them, but stand up for herself.
I'm already so bored by the Ivy/VDW sotryline I was hoping I'd be more interested.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I saw the ratings. I think they are okay given the competition and the Direct TV thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomisk (View Post)
I'm already so bored by the Ivy/VDW sotryline I was hoping I'd be more interested.
90% of the episode was a complete snoozefest and the whole time I was wondering what Dan and Blair were doing. Having said that, I found this plot more interesting than the Jack/Chuck thing. My eyes just kept glazing over.

Then next week is the Nola thing. I have no idea what Nate and Lola even find attractive in each other. Why are they are couple (other than Nate needing a love interest)?
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-03-2012 at 09:04 AM
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

It doesn't matter how bad the ratings are, Gossip Girl will get another season, hopefully short and 13 eps, and that'll be the end.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiangal (View Post)
Blair wasn't drunk when she had sex with Chuck the first time...why do people keep saying that. One glass of champagne is NOTHING. I don't consider having one drink to then be called...drunk.
Blair 1x08 confession: "After being broken up with my boyfriend for exactly 20 minutes, I succumbed to inebriation, performed at a speakeasy and surrendered my virtue to a a self-absorbed ass"

That's why, but everyone's got a right to not take things at face value (it just goes both ways)

I don't even understand what the point of this argument is though, peace and love people
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Glad to see they maintained the demo's. That means they didn't lose any of their advertising viewers. I think they held up well going against Bones and DirecTV loss. Guess we'll see if there's a drop in viewership in the final ratings.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clair carlyle (View Post)
I'm not saying you should only take things at face value, but why is it with CB you have to reach so much beyond what is actually said and shown to justify your reasoning while with DB--even though the writers gave the reason and the characters saying it was an anomaly, not to mention common sense and studies regarding alcohol's usage and effects--you can only isolate one situation out of context and beat people's brains with it over and over again?
lol mte

new topic though, this subject is as dull and played out as chuck's daddy issues
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomisk (View Post)
Me too, it's already feeling like Thorpe/BI 2.0
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Loyal Fan

What exactly does 0.5/2 mean?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread