Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Not yet

ETA: okay just saw the Nate and Juliet pics I take that back they look cute together
you didn't think they looked cute before??
Old 08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I didn't really ship on The OC, but Zach bored the craaaap out of me. As did most of the season 2 love interests, actually.
yeah I thought it was funny how they gave like every character another love interest- Seth- the punk chick Summer- polo player Marrisa- the gardener Ryan- the geek and pretty much all those relationships while they had their moments pretty much were lack lustre compared to the important relationships of RM SS.

Thats how I feel about any love interest brought into Gg world- the writers give them their moments but ultimately they just use them as examples of why the couples that matter are the best suited for each other.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty/reckless (View Post)
NJu I don't like.
I can't help but think they look really really good together.

Too bad shes's a STALKER!!!

I feel bad for Natie. I hope he doesn't trust her too much.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tversky (View Post)
Oh I think he TOTALLY has a madonna/whore complex. But it's not about who he finds physically attractive. He'd screw ANYTHING.

It's more about Chuck's draw to both maternal figures and prostitutes (or so-called loose women. haha). It's been a pretty consistent theme with him through the series and probably reflects his difficulties really opening up emotionally to people and his simultaneous intense need for unconditional mommy love.
So he NEEDS alot but he can't GIVE much back in return. It's kind of messed up.
IDK, if it's madonna/whore, though. Doesn't that really involve sexual desire? Like the maternal figure is so worshiped and idealized that she becomes untouchable and men simply cannot desire her sexually. While the "whore" in a dirty, filthy sort of women who deserves to be violated by sex.

He doesn't have that particular hang up.
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Nate seems so stiff in it, I wonder if that was part of the direction he was given. And why is Juliet STILL in gray? Wow!
I think he looks stiff too, may be he's mad or something?
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yeah I thought it was funny how they gave like every character another love interest- Seth- the punk chick Summer- polo player Marrisa- the gardener Ryan- the geek and pretty much all those relationships while they had their moments pretty much were lack lustre compared to the important relationships of RM SS.

Thats how I feel about any love interest brought into Gg world- the writers give them their moments but ultimately they just use them as examples of why the couples that matter are the best suited for each other.
the punk chick? alex? she was for more marissa than seth.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Chuck is So Sonny it isn't even funny. CB give me some serious sonny/carly vibes.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary1591 (View Post)
you didn't think they looked cute before??
I havent seen many photos with them together though bar the one of them walking under the umbrella which I also think is cute dont worry (sorry NS and NJ shippers )

Im actually enjoying what Im hearing about the Nate Juliet relationship and think it will be interesting but I still feel from what I have read that the endgame is most likely going to be Serena and Nate- its what my gut tells me
Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tversky (View Post)
Too bad shes's a STALKER!!!
This breaks my heart why do guest stars always have to be EEEVVILLL
Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if they are going to try to make Juliet ~*shades of gray*~ so that she truly wants Nate but is forced to follow through on her evil brother's plans for Serena?

Although, Bree truly liking Nate changed nothing. And what Bree did wasn't even nearly as bad as what it seems Juliet will do.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDenial (View Post)
You know what? I apologize. My earlier comment was rude. Everyone has different tastes and opinions, and can ship whoever they want. Honestly, I've just been sad the last few days. Ever since 3x17 I find myself extremely protective of the Blair character, and sadly, it's made CB (a ship I genuinely love(d)) basically unshippable. In turn if I'm honest, I find it just plain old unfair that Chuck gets happiness so quickly after a breakup that his mistakes cost, while Blair had to sit around and watch him bask in it, even receiving hurtful words from him on top of it all. Have you ever been that women? Well, I have, and it hurts. I hate watching Blair hurt. It's too much and too sensitive for me personally.
aww lisa bb
Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
You know what? I apologize. My earlier comment was rude. Everyone has different tastes and opinions, and can ship whoever they want. Honestly, I've just been sad the last few days. Ever since 3x17 I find myself extremely protective of the Blair character, and sadly, it's made CB (a ship I genuinely love(d)) basically unshippable. In turn if I'm honest, I find it just plain old unfair that Chuck gets happiness so quickly after a breakup that his mistakes cost, while Blair had to sit around and watch him bask in it, even receiving hurtful words from him on top of it all. Have you ever been that women? Well, I have, and it hurts. I hate watching Blair hurt. It's too much and too sensitive for me personally.
I know that feeling.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I havent seen many photos with them together though bar the one of them walking under the umbrella which I also think is cute dont worry (sorry NS and NJ shippers )

Im actually enjoying what Im hearing about the Nate Juliet relationship and think it will be interesting but I still feel from what I have read that the endgame is most likely going to be Serena and Nate- its what my gut tells me
You have no idea how much i wish your gut feeling is right

I'm an NSer and I'm looking forward to Nate/Juliet

I guess I kinda feel like the CBers who don't hate Chuck/Eva
Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Total Denial - thanks for the apology!! I completely understand your POV as well
Like a star that guides a ship across the ocean, that's how your love will take me home back to you, and if I wish upon that star, someday I'll be where you are, I know that day is coming soon, yeah, I'm coming back to
you...
Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Its ok bb! I know where you are coming from, its not fun to watch after last season, but hopefully Blair will get her swagger back. You know that I feel ya!
And it burns,burns,burns the ring of fire
Leighton Meester ♥ HBIC
icon:Isa
Closed Thread   Post New Thread