Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Gossip Girl S&S #1325 -

Welcome to the Gossip Girl spoiler and speculation thread, feel free to post about any upcoming story-line and discuss it with the other people in here. We urge you to not bash the actors nor the users because it's not allowed by the rules, but anything else with a good argument is welcomed.

Effective immediately, the Spoilers Board Moderators reserve the right to temporarily close any thread that does not heed four official warnings given on any issue. This means that, if the Spoilers Board Moderators have to come in with four official warnings about any issue whatsoever, within 24 hours or so, then that particular thread will be temporarily closed. The duration of closure is subject to the Spoilers Board Moderators' discretion. Upon re-opening of the temporarily closed thread, said thread will be closed again if any warnings are given within 24-48 hours of the reopening. Lastly, if numerous warnings need to be given over the course of a week, and the moderators suspect an attempt to get around the "four warnings" rule to avoid closure, we reserve the right to temporarily close the thread.

ATTENTION ALL GOSSIP GIRL FANS: From now on, please do not post any picspams or repeated spoiler images - regardless of who is in them. It takes up space and offends certain members/fanbases. When we get new pictures, post a few of them once, then link the rest. They will be added to our photobucket in the OP and can be accessed there from then on.

3.13: The Hurt Locket
Writer: Unknown
Director: Unknown
Videos: PROMO NEW PROMO

3.14: The Lady Vanished
Videos: Return of the NJBC

3.15: The Sixteen Year Old Virgin

3.16: The Empire Strikes Jack

3.17: Inglorious Bassterds
Director: Jean DeSegonzac

3.17 - Casting Call
- Eric gets a new guy named Elliot

3.18: The Unblairable Lightness of Being
Videos: DE Bro Bonds and CaS Reunions

3.18 - Casting Sides
- Vanya and Dorota get married

3.19: Dr. Strangeloved
Writer: Robby Hull

3.19 - Casting Sides
- Chuck helps Nate see that Jenny's not a kid anymore.
- Chuck and Blair have broken up, and Chuck is making it impossible for Blair to see other guys.
- Dan and Vanessa will have drama involving Tisch applications, and Willa is a factor.
- Lily has a very serious illness, which is part of the reason she's been lying and hiding things.

3.20: It's A Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad World
Writer: Norman Buckley

3.21: Ex-Husbands And Wives

According to Korbi:

Kristin said what?:
- Chuck will do something horrible! And it involves Jack!
- William Baldwin will play Serena's father for 3 episodes starting in April. He will also be heavily involved in Lily's story.
- Georgina will be returning this season.
- Jenny will be scheming to steal Nate away from Serena, but he will resist.
- According to sources, Dan and Vanessa are most definitely on. They will be getting together this season.
- Ditto Nate and Serena, who will become a bona fide couple.
- Rufus and Lily will have a major problem (Serena's father).

Ausiello scoops:
- Some characters will be involved in what is presumably an Indecent Proposal.
- Chuck and Blair will suffer a potentially irreparable break up.
- Chuck gets accused of sexual harassment.
- Serena's dad and Chuck's mom stories intersect.
- Naked Vanessa and lots of mojitos makes Dan a happy boy.
- It's Jenny who hopes to get between Nate/Serena.

Interviews:
- Chace Crawford says Serena will plan a birthday party for Nate with a game of Assassin.
- According to Stephanie Savage:
- Chuck and Blair will stay a couple throughout the season, but it will be nothing we've ever seen before.
- DS is much less romantic than it's ever been - more like siblings.
- Joshua Safran interview (Examiner, Part 3)
-Josh Schwartz interview: Second half of the season expect an emotional arc for Chuck, Serena's daddy issues, DV's friendship-to-romance, and "keep your eye on little Jenny Humphrey."
- Stephanie calms/teases? Here:
-"Chuck and Blair's romance will be tested"

Speculation/Other News:
- Carter/Sebastian is filming on 1/18/09. Pictures here.
- JS & SS Tweets

- New Season 3 Poster

~Banner Time!~

Gossip Girl Banner Time: It's time for a new and updated banner for the GG spoiler thread. We've decided to have a bit of a competition and let everyone vote on what they'd like best. All who would like to create a banner should do so by Friday, and PM the finished product(s) (more than one is welcome) to Whitney, here's a link - Whitney's PM Box. Once all the banners are sent in friday, they will be posted on the thread, and voting can commence for the next two days to make sure everyone gets a chance. May the best banner win! And a link to a photobucket account with recent cast candids that can be used (but don't have to be) in the banner - GG Cast Candids.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you Katie
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tfnt
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Tftnt!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know it's so annoying. I really like CB but they're like EVERYWHERE. it's not really Gossip Girl anymore but the CB show..
Do you mean in the press or on the show?

It isn't the CB show nope not one bit, but I do agree they have alot of media attention.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

I would love if it was the CB show They are the only reason I watch.

TFTNT
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitableღ (View Post)
Do you mean in the press or on the show?

It isn't the CB show nope not one bit, but I do agree they have alot of media attention.
cb were the hit couple lol ed and leighton just play them perfectly and work amazing together.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Do I think the fans really run this show- no, I don't because as Josh said to the Chuck fans when they were terrorizing him on C and S, he said he had a story to follow and to be patient. he tells fans to Trust on this show. Essentially it is in his hands, he has the pen.

Given that 1.10 was written well before the audience saw 1.07, the writers saw potential and chemistry with EL acting opposite each other (SS indicated that in an interview), which is why they started writing for CB. I don't think what happened in 1.10 indicated to me that NB were headed back to each other because it was written from Chuck's POV not Nate's.

Now, I do think CB has the biggest fan base. I do based on polls, what the media puts out there, etc. I think the audience has some influence but I'm not going to say the writers cater to one group simply because they are more popular. Do I wish that was the case-yes. In the end, the writers tell the stories they want to tell. And ,yes, this show is more than 2 characters. I , as a CB fan, wish it was the CB show, but that's not the case nor do I expect it to be.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

im just saying they do care what people like and dont like.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derena♥Love (View Post)
Actually I remember JS saying that the writers were surprised how positive people reacted to CB after 1x07 and because of that they decided to revisit them. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure he did.
Josh didn't say this. He actually said that the writers couldn't wait to hook CB up ever since they cast the actors, and it was planned from the start. He never said the fans influenced their story.

And they ended both NB and CB before getting fan reaction, since the first thirteen episodes were written before 1.07 aired.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
Josh didn't say this. He actually said that the writers couldn't wait to hook CB up ever since they cast the actors, and it was planned from the start. He never said the fans influenced their story.

And they ended both NB and CB before getting fan reaction, since the first thirteen episodes were written before 1.07 aired.
the fan reaction counted for more CB
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomgirl468 (View Post)
im just saying they do care what people like and dont like.
They care what people like or don't like on specific panels with significant statistic samples. Not what internet fans like or don't like. That is the point. Internet fans making claims that the show's ratings go down or not based on their ship is just factually false. There are panels they set up for that and screenings. AND, being part of a big one of those, I can also tell you that most of the times they don't ask even the statistically significant sample. They write the stuff FIRST based on what they want, they make it air, and then they ask for reaction.

What people write on internet boards is irrelevant in terms of ratings for the show. It's other stuff that matters. Specific panels they have for this being one of those things.

Quote:

Thanks for this Tati. Proves the point much further.

Quote:
the fan reaction counted for more CB
They wrote it before knowing the fans' reaction, as per above post, so no. Where they take the show is regardless of what internet fans think. Sometimes what THEY want to do coincides with what the internet fans want, sometimes it doesn't. It's as simple as that. What counts is how their selected samples of people react after they have done stories. Not what people on boards write. And even so, the panels are just one of many different indicators. The writers write their story... it can be adjusted based on necessity but it's never determined by what internet fans want.

Last edited by TexasForever; 02-11-2010 at 06:38 PM
Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasForever (View Post)
They care what people like or don't like on specific panels with significant statistic samples. Not what internet fans like or don't like. That is the point. Internet fans making claims that the show's ratings go down or not based on their ship is just factually false. There are panels they set up for that and screenings. AND, being part of a big one of those, I can also tell you that most of the times they don't ask even the statistically significant sample. They write the stuff FIRST based on what they want, they make it air, and then they ask for reaction.

What people write on internet boards is irrelevant in terms of ratings for the show. It's other stuff that matters. Specific panels they have for this being one of those.
lol im just going to agree to disagree
Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout24 (View Post)
Given that 1.10 was written well before the audience saw 1.07, the writers saw potential and chemistry with EL acting opposite each other (SS indicated that in an interview), which is why they started writing for CB. I don't think what happened in 1.10 indicated to me that NB were headed back to each other because it was written from Chuck's POV not Nate's.
Exactly. Throughout the first 13 episodes - even when NB were together in 1.12/1.13 - it was more about how it affected Chuck, not about how perfect NB were for each other.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Does it really matter if they care about the fans or not Obv. no one is all going to agree on the same opinion. So whats the point of going in circles
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread