Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
Does it really matter if they care about the fans or not Obv. no one is all going to agree on the same opinion. So whats the point of going in circles
thats why im just agreeing to disagree. I'd rather talk more spoilers
Old 02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree. I mean we won't agree on something so it's kind of pointless to continue talking about it..

All I was saying is that I highly doubt they'd end the season with CB being broken up because I think (I'm saying this so nobody can say that they don't.) they're too scared to lose CBers as viewers.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derena♥Love (View Post)
I agree. I mean we won't agree on something so it's kind of pointless to continue talking about it..

All I was saying is that I highly doubt they'd end the season with CB being broken up because I think (I'm saying this so nobody can say that they don't.) they're too scared to lose CBers as viewers.
cb are def getting together again
Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomgirl468 (View Post)
cb are def getting together again
I agree. I mean there is no way they won't.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck`s mother: I think people are forgetting the fact, she didn`t come looking for him. The woman was simply visiting her ex-husband's grave in the middle of the night when she assumed no one would be there. It was just coincidence that Chuck -who refused to see his father's grave the whole day and then had to go visit Serena in hospital- happened to come at that time, too. And when she saw Chuck, she ran away. Now, for all we know, it is Chuck he is searching for the mysterious lady or maybe upon seeing her son she'll make an appearence (or maybe both). But the woman certainly didn't come searching for him, knocking on his door saying "I'm your mother". She just got caught, because obviously Bart at least had one wife who loved and cared about him enough to remember the day of his death and show him his respects even if she has been gone from his life for 18 years... (how the encounter takes place is another reason why I don't think she is fake. What, Jack left a woman there for the whole day, pretending to be "crying" just in case his nephew had a change of heart and showed up in the graveside?)

Nate & Serena:
Serena since her one big relationship with Dan ended dated/fall in love with:
Aaron, Gabrielle, Carter & Tripp (we'll ignore the gay director she was so in love with)
Nate since his one big relationship with Blair ended dated/fall in love with:
Vanessa, Jenny, Duchess, Blair, Bree (we'll ignore the random girl he hooked up with in Yale)
The point is they had have a bad relationship track-record where they keep falling in and out of love so easily. And especially with Serena, each relationship (especially Carter & Tripp) has her kind of going "oh this is so special" about it..

I have come to a point, where if these two break-up and Nate immediately hooks up with Jenny, or these two are together and Nate starts to have a wandering eye, it will be extremely difficult to take any relationship Nate is in seriously again. and given how he has been making fun of his own terrible track-record of relationships when talking to Serena and pointing out to her how kind of ridiculous it is that when a month ago she was claiming Carter to be special, now she is saying the same for Tripp, I'm assuming Nate has hada good look at himself, and has grown up a bit, and won't be doing the serial-dating/jumping ship at the first opportunity thing anymore. So, I actually hope, for his character's sake, that Serena who he has been declaring his grans love for in the last couple of episodes, remains his one and only 'love' interest for the remainder of Season 4.

Serena's serial dating seems to be a result of her father issues. She just hit a particular low with her relationship with Tripp who happens to be Nate's cousin. and her father is coming town. So, she has 'problems'. I can understand her wanting to take things slow with Nate, not exactly being comfortable with a vdBilt so soon after the whole debacle, wanting breathing place when her father shows up etc. So she may keep her distance from Nate, maybe even breaking up with him at some point. But I also hope she does not have the wandering eye during the 'break-up'. that Carter reappearing is not something that makes her all confused etc.

It is one thing to have a serious relationship and decide it is not working and break up at some point, it is another to change your mind about how "special" your loved one is and "different" your relationship is this time around every few weeks. With Serena & Nate it is really becoming harder and harder to take any relationship they're in seriously, especially if they go through the 'regular cast' relationships as quick as they do with the 'guest star' ones...

Fans & shows
(well I see the discussion has ended by the time I finished up with the long post, , but here's my 2 cents)

Tv shows, just like movies are ideas of a creator/s and written according to what he/she/them have in mind. but what they have in mind is also the audience/fans for no TV show & no movie is any good unles it attracts an audience (I'm not including the creators who have "the art for art, I don't even care if no one watches what I do" mindset, of course). Movies (who are released to hundreds of millions of viewers as a finished product) even have prescreenings (to what, thousands of people at best) to get some audience feedback, which results in changes in their movie, including the ending. So "internet fan base" is important for creators to give them a general idea as to fan reaction, it is one of the sources they can tap into for such feedback. That's also one of the reasons someone like Josh Schwartz would have a tweeter page that is open to public. That doesn't mean they will write every single aspect of the show according to fan wishes as
a) it would "stop" being their show, their idea and warp into something else entirely, no one makes themselves obsolute (in a way) knowingly
b) fans don't agree on everything all the time
but it does give the creators/writers a general idea about what they are doing right, and what they are doing wrong (which is why they keep repeating less NYU, more UES these days, I guess ).
As they can not go and ask each and every single member of their viewership about their "opinion" of the show, it is venues like internet, screenings and data like ratings that they will look for some feedback.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

I agree. They lost a significant amount before, so I don't think they'd want to do it again.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i totally wouldnt mind ca/s wandering eyes the eps he on lol i love carter
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

I really don't want the mom to be real. I was able to see Bart in a different light when we found out what had happened to Chuck's mother when he was born. Bart seemed more like a heartbroken man who just never was able to figure it out after that.

If they make her REAL.... then that makes Bart a liar, and I really don't want that to happen.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

I think that some CBer are taking it to seriously. so what if they don't end the season together ? we know that the're end-game and as long as they're not cheapened this is not a big deal, I mean they can't be together all the time
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyKay247 (View Post)
I really don't want the mom to be real. I was able to see Bart in a different light when we found out what had happened to Chuck's mother when he was born. Bart seemed more like a heartbroken man who just never was able to figure it out after that.

If they make her REAL.... then that makes Bart a liar, and I really don't want that to happen.
honestly is this person playing his mom reccuring? a regular? bc if she is real and she isnt a regular then why would they have made her real in the first place if she wont be around esp if she is real her and chuck would imo need time to bond. he seems all about blair in ep 19 well their breakup not his mom
Old 02-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah if the mom is not a regular or planning to be one then what would be the point of giving Chuck a mom only for her to disappear after the fallout like Scott did
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
Yeah if the mom is not a regular or planning to be one then what would be the point of giving Chuck a mom only for her to disappear after the fallout like Scott did
bc wouldnt they need time to get to know eachother more? well i should say 'reconnect' and if she isnt a regular is she gonna just pop up and be like "hello son" i mean they would need more and as it looks rufus and lilly are the 2 main regular parents. i dont see her being real
Old 02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

if she left like scott. that would be so pointless
Old 02-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyKay247 (View Post)

I don't want that to happen either.. I mean that was like the first time I felt like Bart actually even had a heart and he finally got closer to Chuck back then. If it all would've been just a lie, it wouldn't make sense to me..

exactly - if they make her real, they make Bart appear like some soulless person.

also - in case she's real - it'd annoy me to no end if she's not a regular and would just be there for like 3 episodes and then be gone and never mentioned again for like a whole season. All of the guest stars on GG are so annoying.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shumiac: I definitely think Chuck has had Mike his PI on the case, trying to track down the woman from the grave. The fact that she didn't come looking for him is what makes me think it's more likely that she's real.

And I don't think the mother being real automatically means Bart is soulless. He could have been heartbroken and confused, and decided Chuck would be safer thinking his mom had died rather than abandoned him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread