Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I'm watching GMUpstate and I can't even deal with this show:

"I loved angela because I thought i was supposed to".

**** YOU GIRL MEETS WORLD, **** U VERY HARD.

I hate that they are ruining a beautiful thing BMW created just to further Maya's path. F U show, F U very much.
Ikr? I don't know why the show is so focused on Maya more than Riley, and now almost everything in BMW gets effed over for the sake of little miss shove down your throat.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier of affinity (View Post)
Ikr? I don't know why the show is so focused on Maya more than Riley, and now almost everything in BMW gets effed over for the sake of little miss shove down your throat.
And the sad thing is that I don't MJ realizes that doing this is only gonna alienate Maya from the old BMW audience, like why should I care more about more about her than Angela and/or Shawn? Honestly I used to adore Maya in s1, now I don't know know how much more of her can I take.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still like maya. I mostly blame the writers for this sl
Old 07-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

so many people LOVE Maya and MJ knows that so why would he want to change anything? As if.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

^ Because there's such a thing as overexposure when it comes to characters. I used to like Maya in the beginning of the series, but they shoved her and her "terrible home life" down my throat so much that I grow irritated when most of the series is comprised of Maya-centric episodes. BMW knew how to balance it out well with Shawn and Cory, but clearly they lost that with GMW.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Because there's such a thing as overexposure when it comes to characters.
It's not just that. MJ is ruining something historical to fit Maya's narrative, that's not minor and not everyone is gonna be cool with that.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Fanpandering...cough cough.

Like why did Shawn need to propose to Katy...lol. They had to sht all over Angela in order to prop up Shawn being a father to Maya. They didn't have to do that. He didn't have to propose to Katy or be with her in order to be in Maya's life. It's just dumb.

And MJ should change things when he's kind of ruining GMW over a character. You don't cater everything towards one character. Idc how many people like her - that's called fan pandering and it lowers the quality of the show. People aren't just watching for one person Tumblr and twitter fandom land is separate from actual reality, people watch shows out of enjoyment for the show itself. I honestly have seen very few shows cater so much towards one specific person. It's getting ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
^ Because there's such a thing as overexposure when it comes to characters. I used to like Maya in the beginning of the series, but they shoved her and her "terrible home life" down my throat so much that I grow irritated when most of the series is comprised of Maya-centric episodes. BMW knew how to balance it out well with Shawn and Cory, but clearly they lost that with GMW.
Exactly. I liked her a lot but now she's just too much in my face. There was way more of a balance on BMW than there is on GMW. It's just boring. Sorry not sorry - I'm sick of Maya. Just because tumblr and twitter maya fans love her doesn't mean that everyone in the world loves that GMW is mostly Maya centric. Has nothing to do with "Maya bashing" it has to do with the fact that there are people out there who want to see in depth storylines with other characters. Not such a big deal to say or want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Yeah even if farkle doesnt like riley romantically there is no way he loves them equally ANYMORE. Its more than clear he is closer to Riley than Maya.

Spoilers for the new episode REALLY confuse me. Like, what the writers trying to do?

He apparently picks Riley in Ski Lodge, so wtf is this about Maya choosing for Lucas and then Lucas looking not so happy when she says he picked Riley? Why are they toying with both fanbases and keeping literally everything on this show so vague? Both fanbases have a right to be super annoyed right now.

The only thing that I can think is that he picks Riley because Maya chose for him, then Maya/Josh idk something happens there but Lucas isn't happy and eventually it either stems riley/farke or lucas/maya out of it. But i honestly have no clue I could obviously be way off too but I'm just confused at this point.

I was fine with Katy/Shawn happening but hearing of a proposal is just ridiculous! WTF?
Yup...this is what I was talking about with fan pandering. You may not agree that Maya/Lucas was used as fan pandering, but I think you and everyone else can agree that right now the writers are just trying to keep the ships around. They're not done with it and it's so dumb. Over this show.

Last edited by ღMitra; 07-06-2016 at 02:09 PM
Old 07-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Like why did Shawn need to propose to Katy...lol. They had to sht all over Angela in order to prop up Shawn being a father to Maya. They didn't have to do that. He didn't have to propose to Katy or be with her in order to be in Maya's life. It's just dumb.
Worse than fanpandering, it's a punch in the face of loyal and historic fans.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, exactly. Like I'm sorry...since when did tying up a perfect bow for a new character become more important at the stake of ruining a shows legacy? Just bs.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I'm just literally floored that writers actually sat in a room and thought Shawn proposing to Katy was a good idea? Did not one person say no? It doesn't make sense. Where was the relationship besides a few talks? Where were the dates? The build up? Shawn, a beloved BMW character we barely see is now suddenly engaged to a barely there mother? Was this relationship offscreen? I don't find it plausible. Shawn was loved and he deserves better than some paste and glue family. So now it feels like Shawn is literally going into a marriage for Maya. Yep, cause that's healthy and potentially longterm. Hear my sarcasm.

GMW has literally written itself into a deep black hole. And the worst part about it is that it's for a newly scripted character. I, at least could accept a failure focused on the legacy child. But nope. Everything is focused on Maya.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem is not Shawn proposing to Katie. I could have got past it Its distroying a big part of history just to be a father figure to maya. That bothers me more than the love triangle cause at least the love triangle doesnt distroy history
Old 07-06-2016, 08:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I love Maya, but Shawn is my favorite character in the BMW/GMW universe. What makes me hate this storyline most for Shawn (other than the belittlement of the Shawn/Angela relationship) is that it didn't matter if Katy was the most compatible person in the world for Shawn, or the least, the only thing that mattered is that the writers wanted Shawn to be Maya's dad. Angela or not, the most important factor in Shawn's endgame should have been about Shawn being with the love of his life, not Maya getting a dad.

Secondly, because it seems like Rider Strong doesn't want to appear in that many episodes of the show, it is just going to be weird when Shawn/Katy are married and he is never around. Are they always going to say he is away for work, or just hardly mention him at all. Shawn being Maya's dad, instead of her Mr.Turner, is even more ridiculous if we are only going to get to see Shawn be her parent for like 2 episodes per season.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that too
Old 07-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yup...this is what I was talking about with fan pandering. You may not agree that Maya/Lucas was used as fan pandering, but I think you and everyone else can agree that right now the writers are just trying to keep the ships around. They're not done with it and it's so dumb. Over this show.
which is why i cant trust anything the writers say?

people are like, "oh the writers swore there was no triangle, he picks riley, and thats the end, no more triangle!"

but like, hes said theres no triangle and yet keeps writing these scenes, so clearly there is a triangle and hes lying straight to everyones faces.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
which is why i cant trust anything the writers say?

people are like, "oh the writers swore there was no triangle, he picks riley, and thats the end, no more triangle!"

but like, hes said theres no triangle and yet keeps writing these scenes, so clearly there is a triangle and hes lying straight to everyones faces.
This urkes me so much. There is no love triangle but the love situation we are playing out is exactly like a love triangle, but we just are not calling it that.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread