Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2016, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching GMUpstate and I can't even deal with this show:

"I loved angela because I thought i was supposed to".

**** YOU GIRL MEETS WORLD, **** U VERY HARD.

I hate that they are ruining a beautiful thing BMW created just to further Maya's path. F U show, F U very much.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is insulting
Old 07-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
I'm watching GMUpstate and I can't even deal with this show:

"I loved angela because I thought i was supposed to".

**** YOU GIRL MEETS WORLD, **** U VERY HARD.

I hate that they are ruining a beautiful thing BMW created just to further Maya's path. F U show, F U very much.
i. hate. everything.

this show literally destroys everything so a subpar shawn figure can get everything... The fact that Riley has been sidelined for Maya for basically a season is beyond frustrating, but to sht on BMW history is beyond it to me.

the fact that shawn stated he was "supposed" to love angela, topanga saying she's "never" seen shawn's eyes light up...angela basically was a placeholder to basic maya's mom???????
Old 07-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah it's like the writers forgot gmw history
Old 07-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just think they don't care about that...they are more worried about giving maya her happy ending with a father. they don't even care about writing maya's mom like a decent human being, but of course shawn loves her! because maya needs a insta-dad
Old 07-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Revisiting BMW should only be used on GMW in a light and fun way, not to change the history or poke at BMW by diminishing pairings and storylines in order to pimp GMW storylines and pairings.

I don't understand why Angela ever needed to be hugely brought up IF they weren't going with Shawn and Angela romantically on GMW. They could have just had Shawn explain they tried to make things work but it didn't work out the way they wanted to... bam, end of story. That way the fans of Shawn/Angela can still hold onto their history some and nothing was legit changed. In the series finale of BMW they weren't together either, circumstances kept them apart. Shawn could have continued with that theme on GMW too. Instead, we had to see Angela return (with a horrendous title of the episode) and completely take not just pokes but stabs at the Shawn/Angela history. Unacceptable. The writers should realize they need to treat bringing BMW on GMW like they are walking on thin ice... delicately while avoiding any disaster.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw those spoilers for "Upstate". I really hate this show. If the writers don't want Shawn and Angela together fine but don't crap on their history. Don't insult their fans. All this catering to Maya ugh . I guess that's why I don't care for her character. There's only one Shawn Hunter and Maya's not him. Infact she's mediocre at best. The writers talk about how hard Maya's life is but from where I'm sitting she has it pretty good. A great support system in Cory and Topanga, good friends, a mother who is around more than Shawn's parents ever were (contradicting shoddy writing aside), and now the step father she wants . Shawn had a way more difficult upbringing. The thing that I loved about BMW is that is was an ensemble show. Shawn had a lot of the heavy story lines but it never felt like he was taking away from Cory. Anyway, I apologize to anyone who likes this show but if it gets cancelled good riddance.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Revisiting BMW should only be used on GMW in a light and fun way, not to change the history or poke at BMW by diminishing pairings and storylines in order to pimp GMW storylines and pairings.

I don't understand why Angela ever needed to be hugely brought up IF they weren't going with Shawn and Angela romantically on GMW. They could have just had Shawn explain they tried to make things work but it didn't work out the way they wanted to... bam, end of story. That way the fans of Shawn/Angela can still hold onto their history some and nothing was legit changed. In the series finale of BMW they weren't together either, circumstances kept them apart. Shawn could have continued with that theme on GMW too. Instead, we had to see Angela return (with a horrendous title of the episode) and completely take not just pokes but stabs at the Shawn/Angela history. Unacceptable. The writers should realize they need to treat bringing BMW on GMW like they are walking on thin ice... delicately while avoiding any disaster.
Exactly they could have just said A/s didn't work out no need to bring them or poke at history
Old 07-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree! The thing is though, that every past BMW character that has come on GMW has gotten treated better than Angela. Harley and Jennifer (Farkle's mom) were bad characters on BMW, but the writers cared enough to redeem them on this show. Even Rachel, whom hasn't even made an appearance on this show, has received better treatment than Angela because at least we know she is still close to Eric.

No matter how disappointed I was that Shawn/Angela didn't end up together or how much I hated Angela's role in Girl Meets Hurricane, I would have hated everything less if we got one scene with Angela reconnecting with Cory/Topanga/or both of them. They could have talked about needing to keep in touch or about wanting to meet Angela's husband one day. I would have been happy with even the smallest indication that Angela meant more to the BMW/GMW universe, than just being a plot device, but the show didn't give that to us and they keep unnecessarily making the situation worse.

I just really hope that now that Shawn/Katy are getting married, that the show never feels the need to bring up Angela or Shawn/Angela again.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maya's "troubled home life" seems to only come around when it's convenient to furthering her storyline and having Riley prop her.

We got a whole lot more of the Matthews/Cory on BMW. This show is all Riley helping Maya find happiness at this point. I'm just going to look forward to seeing Josh again and the episode Danielle directed that supposedly actually has Riley and Topanga interacting.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'm not even upset cause I've always been a realist and when GMW was made I knew if they brought up Angela they would use her and crap on her, so they were predictable and I was right. I still don't get why they just didn't write for Shawn and Angela to be together (or married) or even having a child of their own that could of been one of Riley's friends. Oh I also saw this coming cause of TV's history with how they deal with IR couples. They don't have Shawn propose to Angela but he can propose to this trash that he just met and is fine with always abondoning her daughter (and her last quick appearance she made a joke about it like "Welp, back to ignoring you Maya!" or whatever it was) It's so forced it's hilarious.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The sad thing is that they were a very realistically portrayed IR couple I loved how race was never brought up and I remember when we were talking about IR couple in media I told my class to watch this show.

I feel like it's gone backwards
Old 07-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

apparently it's unrealistic that shawn/angela would end up together but it's completely realistic that shawn would just happen to fall for maya's mom because we need him to be her insta-dad
Old 07-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
the fact that shawn stated he was "supposed" to love angela, topanga saying she's "never" seen shawn's eyes light up...angela basically was a placeholder to basic maya's mom???????
Yes, let's erase how much Shawn loved Angela, let's conveniently forget he wanted to marry her because who needs Angela when you can have Katy?

Quote:
I don't understand why Angela ever needed to be hugely brought up IF they weren't going with Shawn and Angela romantically on GMW. They could have just had Shawn explain they tried to make things work but it didn't work out the way they wanted to... bam, end of story. That way the fans of Shawn/Angela can still hold onto their history some and nothing was legit changed.
That's what makes me so mad. It's not enough that Shawn is stuck with a basic blonde because Maya apparently needs to have Shawn as a dad but they have the audacity to rewrite history to minimaze and belittle Angela's role in Shawn's life. It's just too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined to Be (View Post)
I saw those spoilers for "Upstate". I really hate this show. If the writers don't want Shawn and Angela together fine but don't crap on their history. Don't insult their fans. All this catering to Maya ugh . I guess that's why I don't care for her character.
Same here. If it weren't for Maya we wouldn't have this bs in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
apparently it's unrealistic that shawn/angela would end up together but it's completely realistic that shawn would just happen to fall for maya's mom because we need him to be her insta-dad
Ikr? Unbelievable.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

This SL doesn't sound very promising or good.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread