Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined to Be (View Post)
It's been a long time since I watched GMW. I was done after "Girl Meets Fish". They started hinting at the kiddie love triangle in the previews and that was the final straw for me. If I wanted to sit through a triangle I'd go rewatch OTH. I read recaps every now and then I just can't believe how much time has been wasted on this nonsense. I'm glad BMW came on when it did. I saw the pictures of Shawn proposing to Katy They've barely interacted but now they're supposedly in love and getting married all so Maya can get the father she wants. That's some shoddy writing. I skipped "Girl Meets Hurricane" after I read about the way the writers butchered Angela's return. I'm still bummed. Angela was one of my fav characters and the writers turned her into this obstacle that was blocking Maya's happinesses . I remember reading an interview Michael Jacobs did when the episode came out where he said that he if had two sets of friends that met in high school and got married it would be less special somehow. It was something ridiculous like that and about how there can only be one Cory and Topanga. Shawn and Angela were always Shawn and Angela. It's a shame I really wanted to love this show. But it's turned out to be a colossal disappointment. I just don't get it. BMW had it flaws but despite that it was still better written than this.
Despite its flaws I like this show, though I agree that it is definitely not BMW. Unlike BMW I don't think I'll ever want to rewatch this show as a whole when its over, maybe just certain episodes.

From clips I've seen from the upcoming episode, the show is continuing to minimize the importance of the Shawn/Angela relationship. I just don't get it. Most of us Shawn/Angela fans know that they are not ending up together at this point, so why do the writers feel the need to belittle what they had in the past.

I have too many problems with the Shawn/Katy relationship to ever ship it, but I would be less against it if the writers didn't bring Shawn/Angela down in order to prop it.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol Now Shawn and Katy are getting married, and after they never shown them as a couple at all? It's also laughable that Shawn would be with someone that is so blase about abandoning her child like it's no big deal after what he went through with his father. Whatever though, GMW isn't that good anyway IMO.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah even if farkle doesnt like riley romantically there is no way he loves them equally ANYMORE. Its more than clear he is closer to Riley than Maya.

Spoilers for the new episode REALLY confuse me. Like, what the writers trying to do?

He apparently picks Riley in Ski Lodge, so wtf is this about Maya choosing for Lucas and then Lucas looking not so happy when she says he picked Riley? Why are they toying with both fanbases and keeping literally everything on this show so vague? Both fanbases have a right to be super annoyed right now.

The only thing that I can think is that he picks Riley because Maya chose for him, then Maya/Josh idk something happens there but Lucas isn't happy and eventually it either stems riley/farke or lucas/maya out of it. But i honestly have no clue I could obviously be way off too but I'm just confused at this point.

I was fine with Katy/Shawn happening but hearing of a proposal is just ridiculous! WTF?
Old 07-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvgirl94 (View Post)
Despite its flaws I like this show, though I agree that it is definitely not BMW. Unlike BMW I don't think I'll ever want to rewatch this show as a whole when its over, maybe just certain episodes.

From clips I've seen from the upcoming episode, the show is continuing to minimize the importance of the Shawn/Angela relationship. I just don't get it. Most of us Shawn/Angela fans know that they are not ending up together at this point, so why do the writers feel the need to belittle what they had in the past.

I have too many problems with the Shawn/Katy relationship to ever ship it, but I would be less against it if the writers didn't bring Shawn/Angela down in order to prop it.
I still like the show I am just not a fan of the love triangle or the rush ness of Shawn/katie
Old 07-03-2016, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Katy and Shawn are one of the worst offence ever generated by this show, it's a complete and utter slap in the face of loyal BWM fans.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Spoilers for the new episode REALLY confuse me. Like, what the writers trying to do?

He apparently picks Riley in Ski Lodge, so wtf is this about Maya choosing for Lucas and then Lucas looking not so happy when she says he picked Riley? Why are they toying with both fanbases and keeping literally everything on this show so vague? Both fanbases have a right to be super annoyed right now.

The only thing that I can think is that he picks Riley because Maya chose for him, then Maya/Josh idk something happens there but Lucas isn't happy and eventually it either stems riley/farke or lucas/maya out of it. But i honestly have no clue I could obviously be way off too but I'm just confused at this point.
I do think that they are just toying with both fanbases at this point, and will continue to do that until the end of Ski Lodge. I think Lucas' reaction to Maya saying he picked Riley could have been due to confusion about what was going on with Maya (i.e. Maya saying he picked Riley no matter which girl he picked). On the other hand, I can understand the argument that since Lucas was smiling and playful with Maya, prior to her saying he picked Riley, that he might have picked Maya. That being said, I have heard that Lucas gets jealous of Riley with another guy in Ski Lodge, but not jealous of Maya/Josh in Ski Lodge Part 2 or the other post Ski Lodge episode with Josh that they filmed. So the fact that Lucas might seem more pro-Maya at some times and pro-Riley at others is probably just the writers toying with both fanbases.

As someone that ships neither girl with Lucas, I really hope that Lucas doesn't pick Riley just because Maya told him to. This would make me dislike Lucas, because neither of the girls deserves to be his constellation prize because the girl he real chose doesn't want to be with him. If he chose Maya and Maya doesn't want to be with him, then he should just be single. I would feel the same way if he chose Riley and she didn't want to be with him. All of them have been so worried about him picking and it ruining their friendships, that I think it would be horrible for everybody if the girl that Lucas picked in Ski Lodge wasn't who he really wanted to be with. I don't think what happens in Ski Lodge will be permanent, but I do think it should be more meaningful than Lucas picking one girl because he can't be with the other.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
As someone that ships neither girl with Lucas, I really hope that Lucas doesn't pick Riley just because Maya told him to. This would make me dislike Lucas, because neither of the girls deserves to be his constellation prize because the girl he real chose doesn't want to be with him. If he chose Maya and Maya doesn't want to be with him, then he should just be single. I would feel the same way if he chose Riley and she didn't want to be with him. All of them have been so worried about him picking and it ruining their friendships, that I think it would be horrible for everybody if the girl that Lucas picked in Ski Lodge wasn't who he really wanted to be with. I don't think what happens in Ski Lodge will be permanent, but I do think it should be more meaningful than Lucas picking one girl because he can't be with the other.
If this happens, I will be so pissed. I like Lucas, he's an all around good guy but seeing him so passive is beyond irritating. Also, sometimes I think the constant comments about his looks is annoying as well. Riley and Maya are beautiful and we don't hear about how pretty they are. Farkle, in my opinion, is even better looking than Lucas (just like his look) and he's never singled out either. Not that any of them have to be! I just mean, sure Lucas is good looking, but the other main three have great looks too and constantly commenting on Lucas' looks gets old real fast.

I am so with you... if the conclusion of the triangle makes it seem like one of the girls is his second choice, it's going to be a disaster. I also find it utterly ridiculous that Lucas seems so conflicted over who he wants to be with... how does he not know who he truly likes more? Come on, this is crazy. I'm sick of the comments he makes about not wanting to hurt the girls... man up, already, dude... open up your mouth, say who you like and if it doesn't match up with that girl, then be single. It's really simple math.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-03-2016 at 12:53 PM
Old 07-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
On the other hand, I can understand the argument that since Lucas was smiling and playful with Maya, prior to her saying he picked Riley, that he might have picked Maya.

Unless he is twisted, no guy would be that playful with a girl he is just about to reject. And he looked unconfortable as heck when Maya said it was Riley and Riley celebrated. As for him getting jealous over randoms when it comes to Riley, I don't see that as a good thing. Even on their bad days Cory and Topanga never were jealous. Jealousy can be so unheathy. Especially since I feel it's more about the needing the hero worship thing for him than actually being in love with her. Riley deserves so much better *cough Farkle cough*.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cory did have jealousy he jumped on a guys back Nick who kissed Topanga when they were broken up. He was jealous of the guys Topanga and Angela danced with
Old 07-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Not to the same extent though and it was more in a humour sense. Plus he had the guy teach him the moves and all. Lucas has issues he needs to deal with about himself before he can be good in a relationship. IMO. Like his anger issues/his past and need to be the hero.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well he was petty in both cases and in the second case he did mature but at the end of the episode. I don't think jealousy is a deal breaker and Lucas being jealous of Riley and Charlie shows his feeling lie with riley
Old 07-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Unless he is twisted, no guy would be that playful with a girl he is just about to reject.
I see your point about Lucas' reaction and if we didn't have Ski Lodge spoilers I would have little problem thinking that Lucas' playfulness in that scene was an indication that he chose Maya. Since we know how Ski Lodge ends though, it makes me question that scene a little bit more. I would like to come out of these episodes not hating Lucas, but I can't see it happening if he chose Maya and only gets with Riley as a second choice because Maya told him to. Neither girl deserves that and I don't think Maya or Riley would want to be with Lucas anymore, if they found out he used their best friend like that. Maybe Ski Lodge Part 1 will make the situation not as simplistic as I'm imagining it, but given all of the ways that the writers have failed with the triangle so far I'm doubting it.

Also, whether he picked Maya or Riley, I think the way Lucas was written in Upstate was pretty twisted regardless. As you said, if he was playful only to plan to reject Maya it would have been twisted. It is also twisted though that if Lucas was planning to pick Maya he waited like 5 hours at Riley's house to tell them that. It also looked like Lucas was about to reveal his decision to everyone in Riley's bedroom. I get logistically that they wanted everyone there for the proposal, so that's why all of Lucas' scenes were at the Matthews' apartment (plus that is probably the show's most used set in general), but it still makes him look really bad if he wasn't planning on picking Riley.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe that ONE factor, but Lucas has done things with Maya that show his feelings lie with Maya. IE. telling Katy everything about Maya he likes (that BTW are true to Maya and have nothing to do with her "acting" like Riley), smiling at her when she asks if he made a decision, looking upset when she says he picked Riley and even staring at her at the end there... I could go on but I'll stop.

Quote:
I think Lucas' reaction to Maya saying he picked Riley could have been due to confusion about what was going on with Maya
But its just unnecessary. Like so unnecessary. Lets say, everything goes perfect for Rucas... He WAS going to pick her, he picks her later, they end together, WHATEVER, then WHY THE FRACK would you do all this in this episode? Why make Maya decide? Why have Lucas look so upset. It just causes Lucaya fans to think Lucas was gonna pick Maya. Especially the "what do yo want to do?" after that, like it totally looks like he wanted to pick Maya. So theres literally no point in doing that unless they are going to go back to LM. And if THATS the case then why drag the Riley/Lucas fans through this? In either case its just unnecessary. And every episode it gets more ridiculous because the writers claim its not a triangle and they claim they are gonna finish it once and for all but they just keep dragging it and dragging it along. I cant believe YET ANOTHER EPISODE will pass where Lucas didnt really make a decision.

Obviously I like Lucaya but at this point I kind of feel like Lucas should choose neither of them and say he wants to stay friends. And then we can have Riarkle/Joshaya. Josh/Farkle IMO could care more about both girls that Lucas has seemed to.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

I took a break when Maya took over the damn show

Nice to see she hasn't backed off yet
Old 07-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

can we just move this away from being the bashing maya thread? kthanks
Closed Thread   Post New Thread