Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

One interesting thing I saw in the sides for 5:21 (well, I thought it was interesting anyway....): The stage direction for Rory arriving at the boat, says that she makes her way down the dock and heads towards the boat, and she spots Logan ON the boat talking to a girl. It doesn't say if she gets on the boat, or if he gets off, but 4 pages of script later the stage direction says Rory and Logan head towards the boat. I wonder which boat - the Huntzberger yacht, or the one they're planning to steal.

OK, so I'm bored.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalynn
I'm not sure Rory is changing just to attract Logan. We do know that she eventually goes to him, willing to break it off, becuase she can't do casually. That does suggest growth on miss rory's part. Plus, you have this dean fiasco.

I think that Rory is attracted to Logan because he gets her to do daring things, and she wants to be the type of person who does daring things. That's supposedly what she tells Logan when she convinces him to steal the boat. My issue with Rory, is her and Logan can do daring things that are not illegal? Why not convince your boyfriend to take you sky diving or bungee jumping again.

I"m not going to blame this one on Logan becuase it seems like it was all her idea...I don't think she's doing this to make Logan happy.
Beka - From the spoilers that we have received - We don't have anything that says she goes to Logan to break it off because she can't do casual - I know that is the Hope of a number of Friends and fans - but we don't have anything that she she does that. In fact - we don't have anything - yet - on how they get from a casual couple to an exclusive couple.

As to what she tells Logan to convince him to steal the boat - Again, we don't have anything about what she or Logan says for that matter. OpheliasCat gave us the spolier last night that she does talk him into that but not what she says.

It would be great if you had the specifics of all of that and would share it with us.

Last edited by Jet1945; 03-31-2005 at 07:30 PM
Old 03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993
I don't think Chris lives in Boston any more, I know they never made mention of it on the show but. When Lorelai then Rory came to see him in 5.06 I don't think Rory would travel that far just to tell her father off. Plus the set used for the appartment was completely different from the baby show episode. He may have moved into a cheaper place in Boston or I think to be closer to his partents a place in Hartford.
I didn't think Chris lives in Boston anymore either. I was also thinking that Rory wasn't gonna go all the way to Boston to tell Chris to stay away. Emily also went to Chris to give him the invitation. I don't think there would be any way that Emily would travel that far either. Maybe since she did want Chris to go after Lorelai. She would have probably traveled around the world just to give him the invitation. I am guessing that he moved.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure Rory is changing just to attract Logan. We do know that she eventually goes to him, willing to break it off, becuase she can't do casually. That does suggest growth on miss rory's part. Plus, you have this dean fiasco.
So, Rory learns something and grows to a better understanding of herself, realizing she can't do a stringless relationship. A-n-n-d ... can we imply, from what we know of the future, that Logan realizes he's willing to meet Rory half way? Maybe more than half way?! Is it possible he's growing up a little? Possibly changing to attract Rory? Gracious!

Let's see, Logan became jealous in "Pulp Friction," although he had no right to be considering they were playing by *his* rules. Rory, purportedly, exhibits some jealousy in a future episode -- although, considering they're going to be playing by *her* rules at that point -- *she* has no right to be.

Mirror image here as well.

These two are just learning and growing together. No reason for some to put such a negative spin on all this.

As for the boat situation, I choose to wait and see how it plays out. After all, we still have the death penalty in many states, so I'm sure that that option will still be available to the jury after Rory's arrest and trial.;-)

Last edited by Sandlynn; 03-31-2005 at 07:33 PM Reason: to fix a typo
Old 03-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Actually Jet, from the sides. in episode 19, Logan says to Rory, you came here to say this isn't working. And I provided a solution, commitment. Rory though is dubious about Logan's ability to commit. So I kind of got the idea from the sides that Rory decides she can't handle no strings.

I'm glad someone mentions the fact that Logan changes for Rory. This is a go who agrees to a committed relationship to be with Rory, thats a really big change fro him!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Here's what I posted in another thread in regards to this whole Rory-hating...

Quote:
I think that ignorance is bliss. Literally.

I try to stay away from the spoiler thread... every now and there's a "Rory-bashing" session followed by a "Logan-bashing" session.

Just wait it out, then go back to the spoiler thread - IMO.

I love L/L. But, I relate more to R/L - they're my age. I just graduated from university so I know what it's like to be in there, away from home.

I don't think that Rory has lost her "Rory-iness." I LOVE her new her. She's finally not miss-perfect. I was not liking her character before the Dean-incident because she was always portrayed as someone who was the perfect daughter and perfect student - with a couple of minor flaws (kissing Tristan right after Dean breakup #1, kissing Jess while with Dean, skipping school to go to NY to see Jess, etc.).

FINALLY, the writers decided to give her a major error in judgement - sleeping with Dean when he's married. I almost jumped for joy saying, "SHE'S NOT PERFECT AFTERALL!!!!"

psycho - I know.

A lot of the people who bash Rory want her to be seen as the little girl who follows mommy everywhere. God-help any 20yr old who is like that.

All in all, I think that GG ratings went up because of both the LL AND RL storylines. Heck, Logan is a fixture character for S6 which says a lot about how well the R/L storyline is doing and did for ratings.

While I love LL, there are only so many times I can see them wake up in bed together, banter, talk about stuff, etc... The R/L storyline gives so much more in terms of dealing with a relationship while trying to grow up and deal with school all at the same time. The L/L storyline is going to be predictable from now on - they're going to eventually say their ILYs (if not said already), move in together, eventually get married and have kids. Whereas with the R/L storyline there's so much potential because of R's constant struggle to be her mom's vision of a daughter and Emily's vision of a granddaughter while still trying to be her (getting top grades and all).
To those who call Rory "lame" and everything, please - just fastforward through her scenes and stop complaining about her. She is one half of the show. As much as this may hurt to know - if Rory didn't exist, GG wouldn't exist.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993
I don't think Chris lives in Boston any more, I know they never made mention of it on the show but. When Lorelai then Rory came to see him in 5.06 I don't think Rory would travel that far just to tell her father off. Plus the set used for the appartment was completely different from the baby show episode. He may have moved into a cheaper place in Boston or I think to be closer to his partents a place in Hartford.
Could be, but they've had a few different Boston apartment sets for him - the set they used in the debutante ball ep was also different to the baby shower one. In 5:06, the script indicates [Chris and Sherry's apartment]. Chris tells Lorelai that the nanny handed him a note when he got home from Seattle, and it said that Sherry had been offered a job in Paris, and had decided to take it. Unless they had moved away from Boston before Sherry left, he was still living there when Lorelai and Rory went to see him. Nothing to say he hasn't move to Hartford by 5:21 though.

Didn't someone who was there yesterday say Chris's name wasn't on the call sheets?
Old 03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Actually Jet, from the sides. in episode 19, Logan says to Rory, you came here to say this isn't working. And I provided a solution, commitment. Rory though is dubious about Logan's ability to commit. So I kind of got the idea from the sides that Rory decides she can't handle no strings.

I'm glad someone mentions the fact that Logan changes for Rory. This is a go who agrees to a committed relationship to be with Rory, thats a really big change fro him!
Actually - it is Logan that does the talking about Rory being "unhappy with the situation."

In all of this - it shapes up as Logan being the instigator to change the rules.

Now - We ALL know that Rory is not a casual dating girl, but she has been playing by the rules she put in place in WBB. The whole point is that we have nothing that says that Rory is "breaking" it off.

It is, as you mentioned in this post, Logan changing or at least trying to be that kind of boyfiriend.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

With all due respect to those not enjoying the direction of the Rory character, I don’t think that her journey has been that dissimilar from the one Lorelai eventually took to Luke.

With Max, Lorelai discovered that loyalty isn’t the only thing required for a relationship to work, but also a passion and a tie to family and friends. She never exposed Max to her family or made him part of her town (key fight #1), and ultimately the relationship was doomed.

Chris had the advantage of “history” with Lorelai, daughter wise and family wise, but lacked the ultimate capability of being a responsible adult. She found herself doing an uncharacteristically dumb act by sleeping with Chris while he was deeply involved with Sherrie, and ultimately commented on her lack of pride in that choice in 4.22. Chris was almost the complete package, but has ultimately been a boy trying to become a man through out the journey of the GGs. Lorelai learned that she really needed someone that knew who he was.

Jason. Jason. Jason. Here you have a guy that is the typical “banteriffic” type of person, has a career choice, and understands the hardships that family can cause, but is the other extreme. Jason couldn’t take a day off with Lorelai without taking 10 phone calls (A Family Matter) to the eventual suing of (or threat thereof) of Lorelai’s father over the business. Here we see another tense scene over house keys (key fight #2) and the eventual petering out of the relationship. I could name 5 other examples with him, but the thought of him is exhausting.

Through the three we see Lorelai’s need for a commitment to family (strained as that may be), passion, and personal responsibility with an appropriate balance for what’s important in life. In this season we have seen Luke tested by family loyalty (5.01, 5.02 to name two examples), come back to her and talk rather then run (“Luke’s Dark Day”), and balance work with a commitment to Lorelai (buying the TV so he can leave on early deliveries and inconvenience her less).

If you don’t like Logan (who I happen to think is a great character for what it is worth), consider that she is going to have to “kiss a few frogs” before the eventual prince. Or maybe she’ll decide that the pursuit of the career is more important then the pursuit of the man (crisis?).
Old 03-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Jim, I am dying to read your new thoughts on Luke and Lorelai. I know you did an analysis previously - but a lot has happened since then. So, I really hope you post your thoughts on them again.

ETA; Nice post MalePerspective.
"It does seem a shame that some of the most wonderful things this nation was built on – free speech, a questioning of authority, and non conformity have somehow been twisted into being labeled ‘Un-American’." - John Oliver
Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini8525
I didn't think Chris lives in Boston anymore either. I was also thinking that Rory wasn't gonna go all the way to Boston to tell Chris to stay away. Emily also went to Chris to give him the invitation. I don't think there would be any way that Emily would travel that far either. Maybe since she did want Chris to go after Lorelai. She would have probably traveled around the world just to give him the invitation. I am guessing that he moved.
Finaly! some one else who thinks he moved.

I just hope when he does come back he has more to do with Rory than Lorelai, even though I'd like to see Luke throw him out of the diner, like he did in 5.16 with some customers.

Does anyone else think Emily will keep out of Lorelai personal life? I can't wait to see her head explode when she find out shes having Luke's baby. I know it's not happening yet but it will.

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-31-2005 at 08:17 PM
Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsher
To those who call Rory "lame" and everything, please - just fastforward through her scenes and stop complaining about her.
Well.

The same could be said about just skipping the posts you don't like.

As opposed to complaining about them.

Would you say that is a fair statement?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

MalePerspective very nice analysis of Lorelai's journey, and comparing Rory's to it.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

5.18 Description...

Tuesday, April 19
Gilmore Girls (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
"“To Live and Let Diorama”" ((TV-PG) (HDTV))
CAROLE KING GUEST STARS/JARED PADALECKI RETURNS AS DEAN –— When Stars Hollow’s oldest resident dies and leaves his house to the town, Luke (Scott Patterson) has an ulterior motive for volunteering to help turn the house into a temporary museum. Dean (Jared Padalecki) is also working on the project, and offers Luke some unwelcome advice about the dangers of dating a Gilmore girl. To get publicity for the Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) does an interview with a travel magazine, but immediately regrets the unkind comments she makes about being raised by Emily (Kelly Bishop, who does not appear in the episode). Meanwhile, Lane (Keiko Agena) suspects that Zach (Todd Lowe) is having a fling with music store owner Sophie (guest star Carole King), while Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Paris (Liza Weil) are both devastated by trouble with their respective boyfriends. Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by Daniel Palladino and directed by Jackson Douglas, who plays Sookie’s husband Jackson on the series

CREDIT: Fraz
"It does seem a shame that some of the most wonderful things this nation was built on – free speech, a questioning of authority, and non conformity have somehow been twisted into being labeled ‘Un-American’." - John Oliver
Old 03-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for bringing that over Audi!!

So Dean is back! Hmm. And it sounds like Luke wants the house already. Very very interesting. We really didn't know much about this episode at all.

ETA: Oh, and does the Zach/Sophie thing make anyone else giggle uncontrollably? So silly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread