Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini8525
Ya know, I bet Luke is quite the handyman.
Oh, yes. "Cool hand Luke".... Good, I'm thinking all kinds of dirty now.

"You do kind of feel like they are equally matched and they both kind of have a very similar heart and similar passions and that they are destined to be together again." ~Jayma Mays
WillEmma
Old 09-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Lmao cappie oy with the dirty thought already
Old 09-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Man, i'm on my 4th cup of coffee and I still can't wake up. Ugh!

O.K we need a topic to discuss, umm.... I wonder if we will ever get a close up of Lorelai's ring. I'm really curious to see what it looks like.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see Lorelai's Daniel Day Lewis impersonation, or Luke's reaction when he says he's already seen it. lol!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here's a topic. Sort of.

Anyone ever watch GGs with a bunch of "normal" fans. Meaning, people that like, even love, the show, but don't obsess and overanalyze like us? I've become the supplier for these 7 girls here, and last night we sat down to watch episode 2, and it became this experiment for me, watching them react.

It's strange to see the differences in what scenes they appreciate more or seem to find funniest. They seem to think Kirk is hilarious still, and Paul Anka by far got the biggest laughs in ep 2. Everyone hates Rory. I actually at one point was deflecting the hate, surprised that I had it in me to defend her to a degree (although, to be honest, I liked Rory in ep 2. Alexis has kicked up her acting a bit). So yeah, I think I'm going to make this a (half) season long experiment.

Sorry for the long OTish tangent, back on topic. You all are crazy for blowing through that last thread. I didn't get a chance to read it, but I was shocked when I woke up and saw we had a new one. Well done.

Spec - the beginning of the first half of the season is going to be very LL heavy (we've already seen this). Then we'll have a lot less of them until sweeps time, although I think sweeps will be super Rory heavy and also concentrate on the R/L rift (and a potential breakup of Rory and Logan). Then we'll get into some drama with "complication" person in the second half of the season. End: wedding. Yep, I've moved to May.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I completely agree with your spec, Laura. I think the wedding will be in May also.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGL&L77
It's strange to see the differences in what scenes they appreciate more or seem to find funniest. They seem to think Kirk is hilarious still, and Paul Anka by far got the biggest laughs in ep 2. Everyone hates Rory. I actually at one point was deflecting the hate, surprised that I had it in me to defend her to a degree (although, to be honest, I liked Rory in ep 2. Alexis has kicked up her acting a bit). So yeah, I think I'm going to make this a (half) season long experiment.
Hehe, an experiment. I thought I would like PA a lot more than I did upon seeing the episode. I think he's just a little too quirky for my tastes. I'll see if I warm up to him after the next few eps. It'll be fun to see Luke running around with that huge dog in the next ep at least.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Total Fan

I don't know if anyone can get a clear screen cap of it, either when she lifts the beer bottle in the kitchen, or outside, right after Luke says "You should've told her" - first she wipes her face with the back of her hand, then she turns her hand around and you can see the ring. Someone with better software than I might be able to make something out of either shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
Anyone ever watch GGs with a bunch of "normal" fans. Meaning, people that like, even love, the show, but don't obsess and overanalyze like us? I've become the supplier for these 7 girls here, and last night we sat down to watch episode 2, and it became this experiment for me, watching them react.
Yes! It's funny. My sister-in-law and niece discussed it at great lengths in Atlanta, coming up with all sorts of ideas for what will happen - they both hate Rory too, and think K**k is hilarious. Of course, my niece's brother looks just like him, which I mentioned (must post a pic...lol), so we laughed all weekend about that. Plus 2 ladies at work watch it unspoiled - I toss them a few tidbits every week.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

I know, I just want a close up of the ring. sigh.

I actually liked PA, but I love dogs and if he doesn't get too much screen time and interfere with the L/L story line too much then he will fit in nicely. I think he and Luke will have a special bond.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I love dogs, but am not to sure what I feel about the PA storyline. Maybe after a few episodes I'll feel better about it. If there's gonna be a special L/PA bond I know I'll feel different.

Haven't seen GG with any "regular" fan - just with a crazy person like myself. I do like Kirk though.

I'm for a May wedding also (depending of course how the whole contract thing goes), but I actually hope it's sooner, just to have something different.

Now for "sweeps". Isn't that something in regards to ratings? I seem to remember reading that once when I wondered what it was.

"You do kind of feel like they are equally matched and they both kind of have a very similar heart and similar passions and that they are destined to be together again." ~Jayma Mays
WillEmma
Old 09-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Total Fan

I'm resigned to a May wedding - unless, as I half-specced, Luke gets tired of waiting for Lorelai & Rory to sort out their problems, pulls a caveman routine mid-season, and drags her off to the chapel.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootie
I'm resigned to a May wedding - unless, as I half-specced, Luke gets tired of waiting for Lorelai & Rory to sort out their problems, pulls a caveman routine mid-season, and drags her off to the chapel.
I'd sure like that

WillEmma
Old 09-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Re Paul Anka: I don't think it's the dog's quirks that will get tiresome as much as it is Lorelai making a big deal out of said quirks. Lorelai...Dude, it's a dog. They're weird. Get over it.

Non-spoiled, non-obsessed, "regular" fans: I have 6 friends who are this type, 3 of whom I talk to regularly about the show. I find that their opinions of the show are similar to mine, if not a little slow on the uptake. The biggest difference would be knowledge of the history of the show. I haven't talked to them about 6.02 yet, but I guarantee you the hamster reference went right over their heads. They don't even remember that Richard had a heart attack back in S1.

Oh, and I got really pissed off at one of them when she told me I was overreacting to 6.01. Heh.

The ring: You can see it several times in the beer/kitchen scene. It must be a decent sized diamond because it sure sparkles a lot.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by GGL&L77: Here's a topic. Sort of.

Laura, just curious....what do they think of L/L, and specifically Luke? I mean, they are already used to macho men, I wondered what they thought of Luke lol.

Quote:
Spec - the beginning of the first half of the season is going to be very LL heavy (we've already seen this). Then we'll have a lot less of them until sweeps time, although I think sweeps will be super Rory heavy and also concentrate on the R/L rift (and a potential breakup of Rory and Logan). Then we'll get into some drama with "complication" person in the second half of the season. End: wedding. Yep, I've moved to May.
I hope we get the indepth conversation between L/L that we didn't get in the premiere. For instance, Luke asking Lorelai - why the heck did you ask me to marry you - to forget about Rory? I mean, besides getting her to open up about Rory, I want her to verify to him that her proposal was sincere. And then follow up with some steamy, of course I love you! sex.

avi by go clo
Old 09-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Loyal Fan

OT: My legal analysis and writing textbook is instructing me in the usefulness of timelines. It made me roll my eyes and laugh. Silly timelines.

Hmm...spec. Uh, PA will last for the duration of the series.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGL&L77
Here's a topic. Sort of.

Sorry for the long OTish tangent, back on topic. You all are crazy for blowing through that last thread. I didn't get a chance to read it, but I was shocked when I woke up and saw we had a new one. Well done.

i'm in complete agreement with ya. i'm really curious as to how Lorelai and Rory come back together and who this mystery person is. i rember ASP saying that someone will discover they have a child that they didn't know about, i wonder if they'll still go with that plot line and if Luke has a long lost child? would be interesting to see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread