Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mots15 (View Post)
I think we all might faint if we get a ranting Luke. I don't want ranting Luke to only happen because Lorelai is back in his life though. That would seem like a negative thing. I know Lorelai loves ranting Luke, but he should always be ranting, not only when Lorelai is around. If that makes sense.

He should have had a rant when TJ and Liz stayed over and there were probably some other good spots for diner rants, customer rants, and a rant at Zach. I don't know that he's matured and become more compassionate, but I don't want to lose the old Luke all together.
Oh there have definitely been a number of missed opportunities for Ranting Luke.

But as he said in TLM: (courtesy of Craig's site)

LUKE: Uh...a car crashed into my diner yesterday. There's a giant hole where my wall used to be. It's gonna take a couple of weeks to fix. [Chuckles] It's a disaster, but I don't care. I mean, I care, but... you know what, no. I really -- I don't care. It's like it's not even real to me. It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you. And, uh, I don't know what I was waiting for, and I don't know what I was scared of, but I'm not. I'm not scared, and I'm not waiting. I'm here.

Maybe what we're seeing is really Pod Luke, just like we saw Pod Lorelai before?

Avi by PollyGreen

LJ
Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJSW (View Post)
Because the series is not coming to an end? And they need a bit of business for Lane and Zachk next year? Also, it's another nice bit of "LUKE AS A MORE OPEN GUY" bit of business. He's changing. He also might want another car at some point since old Chevy's and Jeeps only last for so long. Like another 20 or so years, but this if fiction!
That's why I think it's Luke and Lorelai that go car shopping and they get into a *big argument* about which car to buy and maybe we'll even see a Luke rant cos Lorelai wants an SUV and Luke thinks they are too consumptive etc etc. The thing is, why would L/L go shopping for a car in 7.19?

And what kind of car do they eventually get?

avi by go clo

Last edited by Ciaobella; 03-09-2007 at 01:40 PM
Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikette (View Post)
You're right, Craig. It is strange that she would order a drink unless it was one of the girl's turn to drive.
I would have like to see Lorelai drive, maybe too fast for Emily, then Rory takes over and Lorelai is "banished" to the back seat!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

We Belong

Okay, this has to be posted.
I didn't realize how perfect Pat Benatar's song was for Luke and Lorelai at this very point in time - until I started working on that video.
Check out the lyrics:

Many times I've tried to tell you
Many times I've cried alone
Always I'm surprised how well you
Cut my feelings to the bone

Don't want to leave you really
I've invested too much time
To give you up that easy
To the doubts that complicate your mind

Chorus:
We belong to the light
We belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words
We've both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace
For worse or for better
We belong, we belong
We belong together

Maybe it's a sign of weakness
When I don't know what to say
Maybe I just wouldn't know
What to do with my strength anyway
Have we become a habit
Do we distort the facts
Now there's no looking forward
Now there's no turning back
When you say

(chorus)

Close your eyes and try to sleep now
Close your eyes and try to dream
Clear your mind and do your best
To try and wash the palette clean
We can't begin to know it
How much we really care
I hear your voice inside me
I see your face everywhere
Still you say

(chorus)
"It does seem a shame that some of the most wonderful things this nation was built on – free speech, a questioning of authority, and non conformity have somehow been twisted into being labeled ‘Un-American’." - John Oliver
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella (View Post)
That's why I think it's Luke and Lorelai that go car shopping and they get into a *big argument* about which car to buy and maybe we'll even see a Luke rant cos Lorelai wants an SUV and Luke thinks their are too consumptive etc etc. The thing is, why would L/L go shopping for a car in 7.19?

And what kind of car do they eventually get?
Anyone think that if it is in fact LL car shopping, it will eventually lead to a "What about the kids" discussion. For instance, what if Lorelai is looking for a sportier car to replace her jeep and Luke is helping her but insisting she get something with more passenger room....insert Baby Danes here.

Avi by PollyGreen

LJ
Old 03-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Sarah, thanks for the info, again. I'm really very curious as to how this'll play out. The dollhouse represents a lot of things, and has some memories of Emily, Rory, and Luke all attached to it, so if it's a dream, it could be based on so many things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolina (View Post)
Posting this on both threads here, because I feel really lost right know. I never read or posted on the couples thread, so what should I do now. Since I don’t like to only discuss LL or R/L, mainly I came to the spoiler thread to talk about Emily. So this is really great!
I'm sorry about that. We do talk about Emily and Richard, usually in relation to a convo about Lorelai, so I hope you don't feel like all we ever discuss in here is LL. When Emily spoilers come out, we do talk about them.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbolina (View Post)
Posting this on both threads here, because I feel really lost right know. I never read or posted on the couples thread, so what should I do now. Since I don’t like to only discuss LL or R/L, mainly I came to the spoiler thread to talk about Emily. So this is really great!
And sorry to say that, but I find it really unfair that the couple threads are supposed to stay open when the MT is forever closed. The “shipper wars” took place in the MT thread and now that the “war” is over the “shippers” sail home. But what about the rest?!
Sorry, but I’m really angry right now.
pimbolina, Emily and Richard are Lorelai's parents and are therefore part of Lorelai and her ongoing saga with Luke. So post away!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tazzded I had that line in my signature for a long time.

Ciaobella the car shopping IMO is not for "them" as a couple, ITA too soon but I think it's more one friend giving another advice, maybe the argument is that one friend wants to be more again and is trying to push the other into a car more suited for a family?

or what tazzded said...

Audi good song!

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-09-2007 at 01:31 PM
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
tazzded I had that line in my signature for a long time.

Ciaobella the car shopping IMO is not for "them" as a couple, ITA too soon but I think it's more one friend giving another advice, maybe the argument is that one friend wants to be more again and is trying to push the other into a car more suited for a family?

or what tazzded said...

Audi good song!
Hehe...shows how observant I am, huh?

Avi by PollyGreen

LJ
Old 03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Just wondering if anyone is intrested in going on the WB Tour next Friday.
If anyone is intrested PM me. I'll fill you in with details.

* back to Lurking *
Old 03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Audi, what a wonderful LL vid! Loved it.

Thanks to NikNak and Mots for agreeing about the general spoilers and stuff section, and thanks to blaab, Capp and all the rest, pledging to continue helping with clips etc!

I definitely got the impression Ausiello was referring to LL car shopping and arguing - it was in response to a comment about LL, added to info about their "diner reunion" - so I think what happens after that is in reference to them. I don't however, think it's a joint car, as others have specced as well, but rather think it's one of them buying a car for themselves, or Lorelai wanting to get Rory a new one for graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzded
Anyone think that if it is in fact LL car shopping, it will eventually lead to a "What about the kids" discussion. For instance, what if Lorelai is looking for a sportier car to replace her jeep and Luke is helping her but insisting she get something with more passenger room....insert Baby Danes here.
I think it could come up, absolutely, when thinking out loud what the person needs the car for.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls

Last edited by gjoni; 03-09-2007 at 01:46 PM
Old 03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzded (View Post)
That's something that could definitely happen. Both of them don't have really family friendly cars. Lorelia's Jeep is just for two people and Luke has his truck.....
With a baby they definitely would need another car. They would probably exchange Lorelai's jeep, because Luke needs the truck for the diner, transporting stuff, etc.

But I don't know any reason why LL should suddenly decide to go car shopping together. MA was really confusing
"You jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury
Old 03-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

I can't see how the car shopping could be LL. It's not like they'll be back together. As far as we know, neither is having issues with their cars. And if she's just getting herself back into the diner in ep. 19, I can't see either of them volunteering to go car shopping with the other. Maybe we just don't have enough info on eps. 18 and 19, and LL are close enough by ep. 19 to do all that.

As far as one of them wanting one of them to get a more family friendly car, I'm questioning whether they'll be comfortable enough in their friendship to even subconsciously want or see being together in their future.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

It does seem too strange for LL to be car shopping in 7.19 ,
But who else would need to go car shopping? ...
Lane and Zach? hmm
Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

And thanks Sarah for the additional dollhouse info. If the original dollhouse is an authentic one, it makes sense to not really destroy it, and have that done to a cheap replica.
But, I mostly hope it's because after the DH is crushed, that someone special along with his special Bert, puts it back together for an upset Lorelai - and that's why they kept the original intact.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Closed Thread   Post New Thread