Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the answers.

On topic, I sure hope that they don't have Luke & Lorelai jump right back together. In my perfect world, they'd just start to "connect" at the end of this season, and be back for Season 8.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

Well...there are other places one can go to discuss the show. Maybe a private board where everyone is invited, can yell at one another, get it out of their systems, and move on with discussing the show. It's at least a thought. Since I am glad we have two threads open, but we once again get fighting out of our system. Only to have to deal with the reprecussions later. This never seems right...TO ME. Whateverthecase, I guess I have more free time now. HOOYEAH!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:31 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac2873 (View Post)
How can the Main board be Closed. I am not a happy camper. Where am I going to be able to download the promos and get all the spoiler info.

THe main thread and the L&L forum are the most up to date, out of all the forums. The other forums are severly lacking.

I think it is a little drastic to shut down all Gilmore Girls spoliers when the show is still on the air.

How about just creating a forum where no bobody can post but go to for up to date spoiler info.

It is pretty sad that you had to shut it dow for good.
As I mentioned several times, if you have problems or concerns regarding this board, please send me a PM. I don't want to read about it on the various threads which shouldn't be cluttered w/ questions that actually don't really need an answer or explanation anyway. As everyone has suggested here, it's time to move on.

The main GG thread is not coming back.

If you choose to find spoilers elsewhere besides Fan Forum for the show, that's your decision. Otherwise, deal w/ what you have left here at the Spoilers Board which are the two couple-specific GG threads which will now have general spoilers, clips, etc. in the opening post of each new thread.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you Cap and Mots for keeping the info, promos, TS available to us on the L&L thread. I know it must be a lot of work and I appreciate it. I'm sure everyone else does too.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmorrow (View Post)
But, see, for me, I just don't see much of an interesting personality for Luke anymore - I loved his cynicsm - because he always had a big heart and was there to help people when he knew they needed it - now, they have taken away what gave him his uniqueness - the wit and spark - now he sort of grumps around but doesn't really react with anything much more than "yeah, well" "oh, that's nice" or "oh, that's okay" - sorry - I think that they just haven't been able to figure out how to incorporate the different sides of him without going to one extreme or the other.

yeah, he's being shown to opening up his life to more people - but, man, he's just no fun anymore - for me. When was the last time they gave him even a remotely funny line. Everything I see him doing now is reacting to the people around him and what they want or don't want.

Again, my problem is watching the reruns - watching WITS yesterday almost made me cry with that version of Luke - the great rant at the end in the town meeting; some really funny lines; actually having more than one sentence to say at a time - what can I say? I miss that guy - a lot....sniff.
I get what you're saying. I do. I miss Luke too.

I do wonder if Lorelai will notice the not-so-ranting-Luke and comment on it.

I really don't get why they would need to show the car-buying scene if it was Lane/Zach. I mean I thought they showed their engagement, wedding and the pregnancy to contrast L/L's relationship. But with the series possibly coming to an end and with LL hopefully reconciling, why in the world would they need to show Lane/Zach buying a car?

Avi by PollyGreen

LJ
Old 03-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
General spoilers will be put in the first post as well but we are not going to discuss them here as long as LL are not involved.
Promos and DCs will be up here as well. I always put them on my you tube and I will post links here as well as on the RL thread. If people want it I will also continue to put links up where you can download them. That's no problem for me.
Did I read you right? If a spoiler is about L/L, we caan't discuss it here.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlfan01 (View Post)
Did I read you right? If a spoiler is about L/L, we caan't discuss it here.
The spoilers will all be posted but we can only discuss the ones about L&L.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned

Because the series is not coming to an end? And they need a bit of business for Lane and Zachk next year? Also, it's another nice bit of "LUKE AS A MORE OPEN GUY" bit of business. He's changing. He also might want another car at some point since old Chevy's and Jeeps only last for so long. Like another 20 or so years, but this if fiction!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Posting this on both threads here, because I feel really lost right know. I never read or posted on the couples thread, so what should I do now. Since I don’t like to only discuss LL or R/L, mainly I came to the spoiler thread to talk about Emily. So this is really great!
And sorry to say that, but I find it really unfair that the couple threads are supposed to stay open when the MT is forever closed. The “shipper wars” took place in the MT thread and now that the “war” is over the “shippers” sail home. But what about the rest?!
Sorry, but I’m really angry right now.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

I think we all might faint if we get a ranting Luke. I don't want ranting Luke to only happen because Lorelai is back in his life though. That would seem like a negative thing. I know Lorelai loves ranting Luke, but he should always be ranting, not only when Lorelai is around. If that makes sense.

He should have had a rant when TJ and Liz stayed over and there were probably some other good spots for diner rants, customer rants, and a rant at Zach. I don't know that he's matured and become more compassionate, but I don't want to lose the old Luke all together.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJSW (View Post)
Because the series is not coming to an end? And they need a bit of business for Lane and Zachk next year? Also, it's another nice bit of "LUKE AS A MORE OPEN GUY" bit of business. He's changing. He also might want another car at some point since old Chevy's and Jeeps only last for so long. Like another 20 or so years, but this if fiction!
Lane and Zack as comic relief. Tool to show Luke in 24/7 mellow man daddy mode.

Jeeps are forever. Mine has near 100,000 miles on it and is 7 years old...still like new. It must be the Chevy that needs replacing.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Are we still hoping for a good Luke rant this season?
"It does seem a shame that some of the most wonderful things this nation was built on – free speech, a questioning of authority, and non conformity have somehow been twisted into being labeled ‘Un-American’." - John Oliver
Old 03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikette (View Post)
The spoilers will all be posted but we can only discuss the ones about L&L.
oh...how dumb...hmm MT had a virus infection, so killed the patient. NICE.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzded (View Post)
I get what you're saying. I do. I miss Luke too.

I do wonder if Lorelai will notice the not-so-ranting-Luke and comment on it.

I really don't get why they would need to show the car-buying scene if it was Lane/Zach. I mean I thought they showed their engagement, wedding and the pregnancy to contrast L/L's relationship. But with the series possibly coming to an end and with LL hopefully reconciling, why in the world would they need to show Lane/Zach buying a car?
This is why I think the car shopping will be L&L or at least they will both be there if the car's for someone else, maybe L&L giving L&Z advice?

I cant wait for a good Luke rant and I'm hoping for one with HBM.

ETA - I just thought, why would Emily get a glass or chardonnay after the DWI talk? I know it was only one glass but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikette
Jeeps are forever. Mine has near 100,000 miles on it and is 7 years old...still like new. It must be the Chevy that needs replacing.
My Mitsubishi Lancer (shock I know) has 190 000 km (120 000 miles) 13 year old and going strong!

Last edited by lancer1993; 03-09-2007 at 01:05 PM
Old 03-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

You're right, Craig. It is strange that she would order a drink unless it was one of the girl's turn to drive.