Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Total Fan

Here's the spoiler from the Season Zero comic (hopefully it's okay, since it's related to the TV show). It appears The Flash starts becoming headline news.

Edited to add: is the reporter supposed to be Mason Bridge?

Last edited by Elektra; 12-29-2014 at 11:43 AM
Old 12-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, that seems to line up with AK saying The Flash would make a very public appearance in the early part of the new year and that CC will be celebrating him, instead of fearing him.

Not sure if that's Mason or not but I suspect we'll get some scenes like that once he does show up. Really looking forward to it.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Loyal Fan

lol I love how Felicity is watching the fight. That's funny.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Yeah, that seems to line up with AK saying The Flash would make a very public appearance in the early part of the new year and that CC will be celebrating him, instead of fearing him.

Not sure if that's Mason or not but I suspect we'll get some scenes like that once he does show up. Really looking forward to it.
Based on the BTS pictures from the Pied Piper episode, it looked like it was taking place in broad daylight with a few CCPD cars around, so the metahuman knowledge is going to go beyond just Joe and Eddie. I wonder if that's when the media starts picking up on the Flash. Anyone know what episode the PP shows up in? I'm thinking it's episode 11 for some reason.

I'm excited for the Flash's public debut. I'm hoping the media will be clamoring to interview him, but he'll insist on only doing interviews with Iris West
Old 12-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Based on the BTS pictures from the Pied Piper episode, it looked like it was taking place in broad daylight with a few CCPD cars around, so the metahuman knowledge is going to go beyond just Joe and Eddie. I wonder if that's when the media starts picking up on the Flash. Anyone know what episode the PP shows up in? I'm thinking it's episode 11 for some reason.

I'm excited for the Flash's public debut. I'm hoping the media will be clamoring to interview him, but he'll insist on only doing interviews with Iris West
11 and 12 per this article

Good lord what are they doing with the comic timeline????? Bc Palmer technologies happened in late nov, flash being covered live hasn't happened yet. Are they in the future now??
Old 12-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Yeah. Episode 11 is also when Mason debuts.

Quote:
*fingers crossed*
Old 12-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)

Good lord what are they doing with the comic timeline????? Bc Palmer technologies happened in late nov, flash being covered live hasn't happened yet. Are they in the future now??
Yep I think so they are in the future lol.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:11 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me too!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 12-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
The first issue of the Season Zero comic was released on Sept 8th, a full month before the pilot even aired. That may be where the timeline was thrown off.

If my math is correct (and my math sucks, so please let me know if I'm wrong), issues #1, #2, #3 - dates of release: Sept 8th, Sept 22nd, Oct. 6th - were supposed to take place after the pilot that aired on Oct 7th (and also spoiled Joe West knowing Barry's secret for anyone who didn't watch the leaked episode ). This already made the comic three issues ahead of the events in the television show.

Taking that into account, this issue probably should have been released after episode 11 or 12 (not sure), since those last few Circus issues (had the comic been released the Monday after the pilot aired - making issue #1's release date Oct 13th instead) would have filled the time between now (hiatus) and the airing of either episode 11 or 12.

I wonder if tptb realized the release dates for the comics wouldn't match up to the events of the TV show?

Last edited by Elektra; 12-29-2014 at 09:28 PM
Old 12-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Addicted Fan

It's about time he becomes headline news. It's gonna get harder and harder to believe people aren't noticing the Flash and the metahumans/rogues running around.

Quote:
Nathan and Iris break up after she learns that he's involved in money laundering and keeping this a secret put them in danger. Flash saves them from Cap. Cold (who's the other major villain) who attempts to kill them. He leaves a note for the paramedics on how to treat a frozen Nathan which is how Iris learns his identity (from his handwriting).
Ooh I really like this. I really want Iris to figure it out on her own (hopefully by the end of the season).
Old 12-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The first issue of the Season Zero comic was released on Sept 8th, a full month before the pilot even aired. That may be where the timeline was thrown off.

If my math is correct (and my math sucks, so please let me know if I'm wrong), issues #1, #2, #3 - dates of release: Sept 8th, Sept 22nd, Oct. 6th - were supposed to take place after the pilot that aired on Oct 7th (and also spoiled Joe West knowing Barry's secret for anyone who didn't watch the leaked episode ). This already made the comic three issues ahead of the events in the television show.

Taking that into account, this issue probably should have been released after episode 11 or 12 (not sure), since those last few Circus issues (had the comic been released the Monday after the pilot aired - making issue #1's release date Oct 13th instead) would have filled the time between now (hiatus) and the airing of either episode 11 or 12.

I wonder if tptb realized the release dates for the comics wouldn't match up to the events of the TV show?
Thanks Elektra!
I sometimes worry they have their hands in too many pots and are like "Whoopsie! Details!" "Ah, well, no one will notice." When its the attention to details that made me tune in to their stuff in the first place.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:26 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
It's about time he becomes headline news. It's gonna get harder and harder to believe people aren't noticing the Flash and the metahumans/rogues running around.

Ooh I really like this. I really want Iris to figure it out on her own (hopefully by the end of the season).
Thanks, hopefully Iris does sooner rather than later.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I was trying to figure that out myself. I'm thinking once this arc is over, since it is only two issues, the next arc will likely provide a better idea of when it is set.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
WENTWORTH MILLER AND DOMINIC PURCELL (“PRISON BREAK”) TEAM UP AGAIN AS CAPTAIN COLD AND HEAT WAVE CHALLENGE THE FLASH TO AN EPIC BATTLE — Leonard Snart AKA Captain Cold (guest star Wentworth Miller) returns to Central City with a new hotheaded partner in tow – Mick Rory AKA Heat Wave (guest star Dominic Purcell). The duo plan to steal a multi-million dollar painting, but Cold has another agenda while in town – to set a trap for The Flash. Snart and Mick kidnap someone close to The Flash and threaten to kill them unless The Flash shows up for a battle of fire and ice. Barry tells Joe (Jesse L. Martin) he isn’t sure he should take on Snart again after the casualties that happened the last time they fought. Meanwhile, Barry asks Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) to help him double his training efforts so he’s ready for the Reverse Flash when he returns to Central City. Iris (Candice Patton) deals with the aftermath of Barry’s confession, and Cisco makes the CCPD a new shield. Nick Copus directed the episode written by Geoff Johns & Kai Yu Wu (#110). Original airdate 1/20/2015.
The CW Primetime Listings for the Week of January 19 | Spoilers
Closed Thread   Post New Thread