Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 09:15 PM
MST Manager

7th Heaven is coming back even though it had its series finale? Weird.

I am HEARTBROKEN over Everwood not coming back. One of the best shows on TV, and once again, a great TV show like this gets cancelled way too soon...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Supreme Fan

WHAT?!?!?

I am fuming right now. They've cancelled Everwood? NO! I was really hoping that it was going to be re-newed. Then again, all the good shows end up getting cancelled...that's the way it usually works and it SUCKS.

And they're bringing 7th Heaven back?! For what exactly...that ship has sailed.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

I think most people are stunned that EW was cancelled while still having a lot to tell, and yet a show like 7th Heaven, which has already had it's chance. Bringing it back after a series finale is just ridiculous.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic2182
Bringing it back after a series finale is just ridiculous.
Agreed. i'd rather have Everwood back. =/

took this from the OTH S&S thread

Watch With Kristen.

Quote:
Announcement: It's here! CW and FOX News!

Posted By: kristin
Created in: Forum: Watch with Kristin
Posted: May 18, 2006 3:22 AM

Veronica, One Tree Hill and Supernatural made it!

Here's (the pretty much official) new CW schedule which has very few newbies (and sadly, no Invasion):

Monday: 7th Heaven, Runaway
Tuesday: Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars
Wednesday: Top Model, One Tree Hill
Thursday: Smallville, Supernatural
Friday: WWE Friday Night Smackdown
Saturday: Everybody Hates Chris, ALl of Us, Girlfriends, The Game

Something tells me Chris Rock might not be a happy camper this morning, moving to Saturdays, but the rest of the schedule looks pretty dang good, does it not? Supernatural and Smallville are natural pairings, OTH got its dream partner (Top Model) and Veronica Mars after Gilmore Girls is allllright by me.

As for Fox ....

24 and Idol will be off the air til January, making room for Prison Break to return in August before baseball.

SpyDaddy (Victor Garber's) pilot Justice was picked up -- yay! As was Vanished, Standoff, The Wedding Album (with no-parts-Joe, Bruno Campos), Til Death with Brad Garrett, Happy Hour and The Winner (with the Daily Show's Rob Corddry).

All good if you ask me, though I can't help but shed a tear for Everwood. The good news? They shot two endings so at least we won't be left with the dreaded never-solved cliffhanger.

Off to Madison Square Gardens to interview the CW peeps!
Goodbye Everwood =(

Last edited by V-Nessa; 05-18-2006 at 10:05 AM
Old 05-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm still just confused why they would bring 7th heaven back. It's so bad/cheesy/poorly written...etc. Then again, I LOVE Everwood. Ostroff better have a good explanation, but you know she wont!
icon by robbosa at livejournal
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey, I like 7th Heaven! I don't think it's necessary to bash the show on here, but that's just me. I'm quite upset about Everwood not coming back.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sBabygirl
Hey, I like 7th Heaven! I don't think it's necessary to bash the show on here, but that's just me. I'm quite upset about Everwood not coming back.
I'm sorry, I'm just more upset that Everwood isnt coming back and like a lot of other people, feel 7th heaven already had their run and not to mention much publicized series finale.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:59 PM
New Fan

http://www.everwoodonline.com posted this:

-------------------

Look what I found .... I guess maybe perhaps the CW people made this just in case, since the show has already been announced as over.

http://cwtv.com/cw-everwood.html

But you know.. they have repeats listed for 9 on Sunday, they could easily push back the 8 o'clock programing to 9, and have Everwood at 8. It would work perfectly...

I think the above link though is just a look at what could have been. CW also has a page for Aquaman, which didn't get picked up as well: http://cwtv.com/cw-aquaman.html

Credit: Emma @ www.everwoodonline.com & www.fanbolt.com
Old 05-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Just bringing this over from TVGuide.com

Quote:
Ausiello Report
By: Michael Ausiello

What the hell! 7th Heaven Killed Everwood!
And here we were directing all of our anger at One Tree Hill. Turns out it was 7th Heaven's
last-minute reprieve that chopped down our precious Everwood! Shortly before CW's inaugural upfront presentation today, a well-placed source told me that Everwood was originally slated to inherit 7th Heaven's Mondays/8 pm timeslot, leading into the new drama Runaway. But then the ratings came in for Heaven's "series" finale, and Ostroff ordered an 11th season. All of this was essentially confirmed by Ostroff herself when we went toe-to-toe earlier today at Madison Square Garden. Below is our brief Q&A:

Ausiello: There are a lot of angry Everwood fans out there. They just don't understand why it's the only "bubble" show not returning.
Ostroff: Everwood was honestly the toughest decision. It really was. We knew we wanted to make room on the schedule for at least one new drama... And when you look at the shows that we're bringing back and what went with what, really, Everwood was the hardest show to fit into the configuration. It was really, really hard because the fans are really devoted.

Ausiello: One of the theories going around is that the moment you decided to bring 7th Heaven back, Everwood died.
Ostroff: (Crickets) It was, you know... It really came down to those two shows. It was such a tough call. Look, we're launching a new network, we wanted to have the best shot we could. Not only for the new network, but also for Runaway, which is a family drama.

Ausiello: Did you ever think about keeping both 7th Heaven and Everwood? They have a pretty good thing going on Monday night.
Ostroff: The thing is, Everwood couldn't really start the night. We looked at the ratings for Everwood, and leading off the night...

Ausiello: No, I'm talking about leaving Everwood where it is at 9 pm after 7th Heaven.
Ostroff: We wanted to put a new show on the air and Runaway is a really good show. We couldn't have the whole schedule of returning shows.

Ausiello: What about giving Everwood a 13-episode commitment? That way, if Runaway tanks, Everwood could be on deck to fill in.
Ostroff: (Sigh) We wanted to try something new.

Ausiello: I hear the decision to renew Heaven was made after the ratings for the finale came in. True?
Ostroff: It [drew] over 7 million people. It's hard to ignore that.

You know what else is hard to ignore? Five million pissed off Everwood fans.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

I love that Ausiello stuck it to her. You can hear her to trying to scramble. Pretty sad.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Courtesy; Fraz and The Dying WB

Monday, May 29 - (9:00 - 10:00 pm ET)
"“Goodbye, Love”" (TV-) (HDTV) - (Repeat)
A SAD TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE — The whole town gathers at the funeral of one of Everwood’s most beloved citizens to celebrate a life well-lived. After the funeral, Amy (Emily VanCamp) begins to rethink her relationship with Ephram (Gregory Smith). Ephram decides he should tell Nina (Stephanie Niznik) that Andy (Treat Williams) has bought an engagement ring for her before she makes the final decision to leave Everwood with Jake (Scott Wolf). Finally, when Andy's father Gene (guest star Charles Durning) announces that his visit is over, father and son have an honest and long-overdue conversation about their feelings for one another. Tom Amandes, Debra Mooney, John Beasley, Merrilyn Gann, Chris Pratt and Sarah Drew also star. Rina Mimoun & Greg Berlanti wrote the episode directed by Joe Pennella (#2T6620)
Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Who dies?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I definatly will miss Everwood.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrith
Who dies?
I believe its Irv.