Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
NO ‘MOONLIGHTING’ CURSE FOR ‘BONES,’ SAYS EP. BUT…
Start your speculation engines, readers. This is going to throw you into a tizzy.

Yes, we’re all wondering what will happen in the final moments of the Bones season finale. And yes, we know it’s going to be good. And from the sounds of it, we’re going to meet half way between a relationship and nil. In this scooper’s opinion? You know what falls in between there? Why, the bedroom, of course! Now, there’s no way in Squintland that EP Stephen Nathan would directly address my speculation. But here’s what he will say.

“We wanted to try to have their relationship evolve in a realistic way while making sure the show still had the same tension that has made it appealing for six years now,” he says. “That said, we know we can’t repeat ourselves. We will switch it up. It will change the show in a fundamental way — but it will stay the same. We are not going to embrace the Moonlighting curse. I can say that unequivocally. You know, half of the [fans] are saying ‘get them together, get them together.’ Others say, ‘You can’t get them together. Once you get them together, it’s going to suck. It’s the Moonlighting curse and the show will end.’ Well, hopefully, both groups of people will be pleased.”

Excited? I certainly am. And so is team Bones.

“We’re excited about where the show will be going. It’s a place that we haven’t seem any show go before. I’m not saying we’re reinventing the wheel or anything, but it’s not where anyone expects it to go,” Nathan says.
At this point, readers, what are your expectations/hopes?
'Bones,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Vampire Diaries': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I seriously hope they aren't going down the friends w/ benefits lines.. but what else could it be, that would satisfy both shippers and non-shippers?
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 05-06-2011, 07:33 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for bringing that over, unfloopy.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

I honestly don't think it is friends with benefits. How do they explain themselves out of that? Brennan has grown so much. She's not about "biological urges" anymore. And Booth is a relationship type of guy. I can't imagine that being okay. Non-shippers think the show will change/suck with BB getting together. It could be a simple as SN saying nothing really changes with B/B together. They act the same.

I just don't think it's friends with benefits. Maybe it's a secret relationship. We see it but they don't tell the squints? So that "tension" is still there b/c they are keep that secret?

twitter|andysmcnally|fyeahsamandandy|fyeahandymcnally
Old 05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG
Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

It's going down next week isn't?

The l-just-had-sex-with-Booth-and-it-was-good look. Or it could be a Booth-and-I-are-finally-in-a-relationship look. The promo says it'll have us talking all summer, yup that's it. They're writting Emily's pregnancy in.

But I'm keeping my expectations low. You guys are right just that one scene of BB falling in bed together and nothing happening is enough. It's like a fan fic dream come true!

And of course sexy sniper Booth that I love to see is back next week.

Back to tonight's episode, it was a really great episode, makes up for the last 3 we had. The plot was good and Emily and David's acting were superb again. I loved that in the same episode it dealth with both Brennan and Booth's childhood.

"Bones never lie." Heheh I had to snicker at the double meaning of that line when Brennan said it. And when Brennan made Arastoo lie on top of her. So funny!

And kudos to David the look on this face after he hit the man who had been abusing Amy/Samantha. You knew what he was thinking right away and yup he said it out loud to Brennan. Amazing stuff.
I'm off to re-watch the promo for next week over and over again.

Booth Brennan

icon: tempertemper
Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

HH or SN should win the award "Best Teaser".
Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
I seriously hope they aren't going down the friends w/ benefits lines.. but what else could it be, that would satisfy both shippers and non-shippers?
I would love that to be honest. Better than a baby plot.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Fire (View Post)
yeah and plus I think they woudnt' even really beleive the friends with benifits thing now
Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Fire (View Post)
Glad I'm not the only one that would love friends with benefits. The angst of them having sex while trying to keep their obvious feelings out of it? Love.it.so.much.
"Why?"
"Because I met you. That's why."
-Jess & Nick, New Girl
Castle/Beckett ~ Harry/Hermoine ~ Mulder/Scully ~ Nick/Jess ~ Katniss/Peeta
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucking4Bones (View Post)
I honestly don't think it is friends with benefits. How do they explain themselves out of that? Brennan has grown so much. She's not about "biological urges" anymore. And Booth is a relationship type of guy. I can't imagine that being okay. Non-shippers think the show will change/suck with BB getting together. It could be a simple as SN saying nothing really changes with B/B together. They act the same.

I just don't think it's friends with benefits. Maybe it's a secret relationship. We see it but they don't tell the squints? So that "tension" is still there b/c they are keep that secret?
I don't see friends with benefits. Unless they aren't ready to go there, and they are stepping in slowly. Taking day by day. Maybe if they write in the pregnancy, that causes a change in the relationship to a official out in the open relationship.

But they also have a greater chance of doing a Chandler and Monica. A secret relationship. Keeping it secret. Maybe afraid of what the FBI would do if they were official. We can see if that becomes difficult if say Brennan becomes pregnant... Everyone then might find out. Or do a "they know, but don't let Brennan and Booth know they know."

Maybe something happens, and they go into the finale case trying to step back which causes some tension in the case with Max advising to be more believable.

But I am keeping my expectations low. I am thinking it's just comfortable cuddling, nothing more...

But then one never knows...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

I can get behind it. I won't be upset but how will they go about explaining it? Why can they have relationships with other people but with e/o they won't take that final step. They will be a couple. They are pretty much a couple now. W/O sex. Look at them yesterday buying a gift TOGETHER for the Hodgela BB. So they will add the sex aspect. Then they really are 100% a couple but they can't say it! Then why have episode 16 happen where they wished to be together?

I just want to see how they explain friends with benefits if that's what they do. Explain it and let me buy it.

twitter|andysmcnally|fyeahsamandandy|fyeahandymcnally
Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Inital Ratings are out...

Bones went up 18% from last week's low 18-49 rating to a 3.3.

With ratings just over 11.09 million at 9. I don't know how deep the drop was at 9:30 but very good for Bones that it went up.

Hopefully the promo will get more people watching next week LOL.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Total Fan

Oh writers.
I do not like the sound of that.
The way SN worded it makes it sound like they're going down the compromise-route btw a full relationship and a non-relationship which would make the "friends with benefits" SL the most obvious conclusion.
Problem is that this far into the game it wouldn't make any sense character-wise imo. Not after Brennan's emotional growth, nor after their talk about "Someday" in the Blackout in the blizzard. If they were to go down that route they should have done it seasons ago.
Another SL that could fit the description is the pregnancy one.
They could have her get pregnant (by accident - if they do sleep together in a moment of weakness next week - or on purpose - if they decide they want a kid together) without having them together-together. But even this one would've made more sense back in S4.

Last edited by Lor-baby; 05-06-2011 at 09:24 AM
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Once again I will reiterate that I do not think it is possible for them to be friends with benefits. Not with the mutual feelings between them! I would love to see them keep it a secret. Now that would hilarious. And I think it would be awesome and work really well with the show.

I still hold to my insistance that they aren't writing in the pregnancy

Is it next Thursday, yet?!?!
and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Closed Thread   Post New Thread