Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

BBUK and BBAU would not tolerate any of it. They'd get called to the DR and had their comments read back to them, then given a formal warning or be removed on the spot.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

I think BBUS should do. I get people will argue Freedom of speech and all but I think a formal warning would be warranted.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I went to tmz and agree with you Richie. I did not see it as a rape joke but very tasteless.

After watching bbaus for the first time I now have been spoiled. I wish they did big brother like that. I like that a person talks to them and we get combos. It feels more honest then the drs we get. And I'd love it if they had comments they said read back to them. I don't know about getting straight up kicked out. I think a punishment would be fantastic.

Over the years survivor has revamped the way they do things, big brother needs to.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 08-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I'd really appreciate it if bbus would do the same. No one wants to hear that crap and if the DR were to read it back to them, it would bring them back to reality.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The US in general is moving towards being a more sensitive & politically correct society so I think if BB is still on in 3-5 years they're going to start having to punish the HGs for saying things like this because the audience is not going to take it & it will begin to effect the show. It's terrible to say but 6-7 years ago Frankie's comments (and sadly a lot of what the BB15 cast said) wouldn't have caused anyone to even bat an eyelash, but today it's just not acceptable anymore. I'm very similar to you Shir - the house is a ****ing pressure cooker and I give people passes for that but I still don't want to hear it.

meg | tumblr
Old 08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy eyes (View Post)
The US in general is moving towards being a more sensitive & politically correct society so I think if BB is still on in 3-5 years they're going to start having to punish the HGs for saying things like this because the audience is not going to take it & it will begin to effect the show. It's terrible to say but 6-7 years ago Frankie's comments (and sadly a lot of what the BB15 cast said) wouldn't have caused anyone to even bat an eyelash, but today it's just not acceptable anymore. I'm very similar to you Shir - the house is a ****ing pressure cooker and I give people passes for that but I still don't want to hear it.
Agreed. I also think it's also because of the Social Media now that it spreads like wildfire. Especially stuff that Is said in the house. One person tweets it and then it blows up.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Speaking of BBAU, it starts back up next Sunday. Best BB out there
Old 08-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

I give people a pass when it's the heat of the moment and they're venting and say things they shouldn't. I don't give Frankie a pass because this isn't the first time he's said something gross and offensive. he's joked about rape and said other messed up things all summer. he makes nasty comments and often it's not brought on by anything. it's just him being a dick. if it were every once in awhile, I would roll my eyes and move on... not a big deal. but with him, it's just one thing after another and I think he's a disgusting person.

but yeah, his sister doesn't owe anyone an apology for anything he's done. but because of her you would think he would know better.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEJx (View Post)
I didnt see it as a rape joke. Just a terribly out of taste joke.

I'm a bit different than most though. I give them all leeway in there, no matter how much I dislike them while they are in the house. Unless its like last season with the race comments.
don't take offense to what im about to day but really I need to say this Richie..

sometimes I wonder what would really offend you or what you wouldn't excuse as 'being in a house for 3 months.' im surely not defending the racist crap that went on last year, but those comments, no matter how much the idiots said believed them, come from people who are just plain ignorant and stupid and possibly, some day they could actually become less ignorant and stupid. stuff like what Frankie says comes from a dark place that I know doesn't exist in my heart, and I don't care how many months Im sitting inside a house away from friends/family/tv/internet, nor do I give a rats a** if its considered 'male talk' either. I guess technically its not 'rape talk' but since under this scenario, im assuming Victoria is NOT A willing participant, then it is in FACT rape talk IMO

I also would agree that neither Frankie's mom nor the pop star I've never heard of need to apologize, but since 1) frankies mom feels the need to talk smack about other players and 2) arirana spent weeks kissing frankies ass on every tv show imaginable, I hardly think an apology for either of them would be bad.

JMO.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Caleb really is down to BD Frankie this week. Derrick keeps trying to steer him away from it, but he keeps bringing it back.

ETA: At the same time Caleb is really considering keeping Nicole, she is on the other feed talking to Frankie trying to get him on her side & asking him to talk to Caleb about putting up a big threat next to her...which obviously would be Derrick or Cody. Oh Nicole. Oh sweet Nicole.

meg | tumblr

Last edited by stormy eyes; 08-31-2014 at 03:57 PM
Old 08-31-2014, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorchel7411 (View Post)
don't take offense to what im about to day but really I need to say this Richie..

sometimes I wonder what would really offend you or what you wouldn't excuse as 'being in a house for 3 months.' im surely not defending the racist crap that went on last year, but those comments, no matter how much the idiots said believed them, come from people who are just plain ignorant and stupid and possibly, some day they could actually become less ignorant and stupid. stuff like what Frankie says comes from a dark place that I know doesn't exist in my heart, and I don't care how many months Im sitting inside a house away from friends/family/tv/internet, nor do I give a rats a** if its considered 'male talk' either. I guess technically its not 'rape talk' but since under this scenario, im assuming Victoria is NOT A willing participant, then it is in FACT rape talk IMO
First of all, in no way did I defend what Frankie said. All I said was that I give them all leeway. And I give them all leeway because of the past actions of the dumbass fans who cross the line and start messing with their personal life. When they go harass houseguests family members on social media, or send emails and calls to their work to get them fired, or the worst of them all, the death threats that Shelly received. Its all so over the top and for me, its just as bad, if not worse than pretty much anything a houseguest could say in that house. Why anyone would watch a show that gets them that worked up is beyond me.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy eyes (View Post)
Caleb really is down to BD Frankie this week. Derrick keeps trying to steer him away from it, but he keeps bringing it back.

ETA: At the same time Caleb is really considering keeping Nicole, she is on the other feed talking to Frankie trying to get him on her side & asking him to talk to Caleb about putting up a big threat next to her...which obviously would be Derrick or Cody. Oh Nicole. Oh sweet Nicole.
Not going to happen, but I wish. They do this every week "Oh how about we put this person up" *Derrick breathes on them* "What was I saying? Oh nevermind!" As for rules, I agree when people make comments like that they should get a warning and if they do it again their out but BB doesn't care anymore. Dick from BB8 broke the most rules of any houseguest and BB ignored his actions cause of ratings. He also said he wanted to rape Jen and crush the bones in her neck, and nothing. So their definately not going to do a thing about these asswipes rape jokes.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEJx (View Post)
First of all, in no way did I defend what Frankie said. All I said was that I give them all leeway. And I give them all leeway because of the past actions of the dumbass fans who cross the line and start messing with their personal life. When they go harass houseguests family members on social media, or send emails and calls to their work to get them fired, or the worst of them all, the death threats that Shelly received. Its all so over the top and for me, its just as bad, if not worse than pretty much anything a houseguest could say in that house. Why anyone would watch a show that gets them that worked up is beyond me.
not sure if your implying im one of those 'dumbass fans' but even if you aren't, I don't know what fan behavior has to do with hg behavior. im not gonna get anyone fired, make death threats, or stalk anyone, cause I actually have a life (believe it or not) and wouldn't waste my time.

if your gonna put yourself on live feeds for 3 montns though, and make comments like Frankie has, then yeah, you deserve to have 'dumbass fans' like me comment on it on boards like this. maybe I get 'too worked up' maybe some of you don't get worked up enough. what far is the limit we want to take what a hg is going to say?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Absolute Fan

so anyways, back to game talk, if caleb actually puts up Frankie I would vote for him for AF. just this dumbasses' opinon.....
Old 08-31-2014, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
so anyways, back to game talk, if caleb actually puts up Frankie I would vote for him for AF. just this dumbasses' opinon.....
Dude, calm down If I was talking about you, I would have said so
Quote:
not sure if your implying im one of those 'dumbass fans' but even if you aren't, I don't know what fan behavior has to do with hg behavior. im not gonna get anyone fired, make death threats, or stalk anyone, cause I actually have a life (believe it or not) and wouldn't waste my time.

if your gonna put yourself on live feeds for 3 montns though, and make comments like Frankie has, then yeah, you deserve to have 'dumbass fans' like me comment on it on boards like this. maybe I get 'too worked up' maybe some of you don't get worked up enough. what far is the limit we want to take what a hg is going to say?
Obviously posting about live feed on here and other sites is one thing. I'm talking about the people that take it a step further and harass family members or call up their places of work or send death threats.

As far as where the limit is, that line is different for everyone.

Last edited by xEJx; 08-31-2014 at 04:46 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread