Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
I read the TVLine article about Thea and I am super excited for her storyline. Willah looked great at the end of the episode. It sounds like Thea and Malcolm will have what I can only say will be a very interesting relationship that I look forward to seeing play out on screen.
The fact that they say it's going to be uncomfortable...I expect he's really going to put her through the wringer. Poor Thea.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh my god, Oliver just TELL THEA. What in the world does he have to lose?

I love her hair. Her shoulders look amazing.

Huh, I wonder if that means the lacrosse player thing will be addressed in 305? I agree with her that I wouldn't have thought she would have laxbros in her orbit at all. I assumed he must be a guy she tutored who got weird.

I care about endgame only in the sense of structure. What is logical, what has been developed, what has not. In real life people do all sorts of random things that aren't supported by the text of their life. But this is fiction, and I am engaging with this text, so I do care about the story. However, these guys just spent a year and a half reconfiguring this show to move Felicity into the LI role. I am not at all concerned that they're going to scrap this one like they did Lauriver, because there is no reward, creative or otherwise.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 10-19-2014 at 11:24 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

dp
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 10-19-2014 at 11:34 AM
Old 10-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks DR!

That tidbit about the glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)

I care about endgame only in the sense of structure. What is logical, what has been developed, what has not. In real life people do all sorts of random things that aren't supported by the text of their life. But this is fiction, and I am engaging with this text, so I do care about the story. However, these guys just spent a year and a half reconfiguring this show to move Felicity into the LI role. I am not at all concerned that they're going to scrap this one like they did Lauriver, because there is no reward, creative or otherwise.
I totally get you. And agree. But when people are like it's too soon to say it is. It's like, agree to disagree.

This is what I see, we'll wait till the credits roll for the final time, but till then you do you, and I'll do me. I'm not gonna go back and forth cos you think it's too soon to call it.

I'll call it when I think I see it. It's my pregorative.

Love your profile pic
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am really looking forward to Thea's journey. Just how much of a bad guy will she turn out to be.... Maybe she won't be one at all but I have no doubt that Malcolm won't let her go without a fight. As for Oliver telling her: Either he tells her everything or he keeps on lying. Is there anything else he can do? At this point in time he would have to tell her. Maybe DR gets a little bit to do in this episode as well, always appreciated.

As for the endgame thing. I do believe that L/O is never off the table (for the producers) but they are preparing O/F as a potential outcome as well. A lot of people like O/F and they had difficulties with Laurel. So before they can get back to L/O they'd have to adjust Laurel's character so that people are rooting for her and the relationship. Otherwise it would not work. So now they are trying to energize Laurel's character and in the meantime the romance goes to to Felicity. Most fans have something to be happy about that way. At least that is what I believe. And while I prefer O/F, I do believe that they will continue to play to both fanbases until they ultimately have to pick one. I just don't trust them to never go there again even if I'd prefer O/L to stay close friends and allies. But who knows, only time will tell.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry DP
Old 10-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I know right!

As long as you're talking about my ship I'm happy! Like it was said "it's never gonna happen", "does he even have feelings for her?" To standing in a hallway debating the future of their relationship *drops a mic*

We're actually discussing their first kiss, their "breakup". I'm still tripping over myself!

I don't think they'll have any scenes on Wednesday. I'm excited for Thea!!

@Roswell Dream Girl I wanted to comment but thought it was best left to a mod. Thanks for the clarification
I think that they have a conversation in this next episode, because something he says sends her to Central City in 304/104. So at least there's that!

Thanks for the clarification Meredith!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenilen (View Post)
I am really looking forward to Thea's journey. Just how much of a bad guy will she turn out to be.... Maybe she won't be one at all but I have no doubt that Malcolm won't let her go without a fight. As for Oliver telling her: Either he tells her everything or he keeps on lying. Is there anything else he can do? At this point in time he would have to tell her. Maybe DR gets a little bit to do in this episode as well, always appreciated.

As for the endgame thing. I do believe that L/O is never off the table (for the producers) but they are preparing O/F as a potential outcome as well. A lot of people like O/F and they had difficulties with Laurel. So before they can get back to L/O they'd have to adjust Laurel's character so that people are rooting for her and the relationship. Otherwise it would not work. So now they are trying to energize Laurel's character and in the meantime the romance goes to to Felicity. Most fans have something to be happy about that way. At least that is what I believe. And while I prefer O/F, I do believe that they will continue to play to both fanbases until they ultimately have to pick one. I just don't trust them to never go there again even if I'd prefer O/L to stay close friends and allies. But who knows, only time will tell.

I think he for sure tells Thea. That's gotta be what the line from dig in the promo is about. I think Thea is probably distant and doesn't do much until midseason finale. Some of us are thinking Oliver will be out of sc over midseason finale (except have a baby boy as a love interest lololol) and I am hoping Thea helps Roy find his way back to himself (assuming he finds out he killed someone) and maybe they help hold the city together during those 6ish weeks.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)

I'm someone who looks at the narrative like I've said a gazillion times so yes I agree. That's why even though I don't ship, I engage with every part.

From the wham bam thank-you ma'am betrayal of Tommy that took place between O/L and MG's interview where he made it clear loose ends needed to be tied up, and their original floor plan of O/L/T was throw out the window in the most final way. A death. I knew the framework changed and they dropped parts of the story that did not work.

I think for me the blandless of Oliver and Laurel alone was enough to make me neutral on the matter. When they kissed in 1x05 it was so lackluster that was only worsened by their wham bam. (I see it had to be done to close the chapter in my opinion but it was character assasiation, and I didn't like that.)

I remember reading the reviews for that episode and it read like this:
Imagine Dragons, great beat, awesome song, flat couple, anti-climatic.

There's a differece whe a small minority feel that way that's it's anti-climatic, you put it down to they don't like the ship, it's not the ship for them, it happens, it's suppoesed to.

But when a majority are standing from a soap box fan and media critics alike. Then you know you have a problem. And honestly it didn't have much to do with Felicity. The reviews from the first episode about O/L were really poor.

I'm looking forward to Ted/Laurel, I'm sad there aren't any spoilers on Ted? Have any popped up?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

No, sorry Starlingcity. I keep looking because I know you're interested, but not even a blip. Maybe closer to Wednesday?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Aww thanks

What's the deal? Just one spoiler would be nice

Do you think he's not going to have a large role? How many episodes has he been contracted for?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

As far as we know, so far he's in 303, 305, and 306. Not sure about any others, but I know he's been in NYC filming his other show since 306 wrapped.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:39 PM
New Fan

when do the sneak peak videos of this weeks episode come out normally? or has it been released already? I can't find anything..
Old 10-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Probably not until Tuesday. The promo pics for 304 should also come out next week, as well as the episode description for 306.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone know if Jean Loring will be in season three?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread