Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
However, Amell teased, “Possibly the loudest reaction from viewers in the finale will take place in a moment of complete silence.” Hm…
Do you guys think this was when Oliver didn't confirm or deny what he said to Felicity was true or not?! That look maaaan
Old 05-15-2014, 04:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
Stop all the baby story lines

& Does anyone still think Laurel isn't becoming bc?
RIGHT?? Nothin like finding you are gonna be a daddy from your G/Fs boss while everyone is pointing guns at each other.

Are you happy VP?? When they put Slade in a rock bunker I knew you would be all
At least they are keeping him to use later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
Ok but last time I looked, the LoA was a morally incorrect place to be that Sara was traumatized by having joined and returning to the LoA was agreeing to again do things that she was horrified she'd done. In fact we had to deal with Oliver finding it Very Very Important that Sara not go back and her being super angsty about it.

But Quentin and Laurel saw her off like she was leaving for her junior year abroad in Paris, and Sara was enthusiastic about it.

Is that just the power of Nyssa's hotness? Like does her family understand what she's going off to do?
And on a BOAT! If I had "died" twice by drowning, I would never ever ever get on a boat again. Although I suppose she'd have to get over it at some point with loa. At least she didn't die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueegyBeckinheim (View Post)
I'm impressed about them being right about something. "We'll be doing something with Oliver and Felicity by the end of the year that will really confound and satisfy some viewers and infuriate others but I think that's when you know you're taking chances."

Count me on the satisfy side. What did everyone realistically expect? O/F to re enact the scene in "From Here to Eternity" on Lian Yu?! This is a superhero action show and this is how you build an epic love story. I didn't see any O/S or O/L emotions flying in the finale. Nope. It was all O/F.
Yeah they did do a good job with that.
I'm on the confounded side, mostly because I think they enjoy jerking the audience around. They actually paid off the olicity arc nicely, like they said they would--Felicity's belief that Oliver is a hero and not a killer.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see any O/S & O/L emotions because there was hardly any interaction. Sara's comment to Laurel about Oliver needing her leaves things open for them to explore it again. And they will. And I am going to if they have them hook back up only to have the baby sl surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiredToDamon (View Post)
Yeah, I hope they don't rush this Laurel "journey" like the did with her other storylines

I honostly have no hope that they will not mess up Laurel's journey to BC. Roy's journey was so poorly done. And that is why I will take a huge huge huge step back. I love the depth in this show and I feel like its being slowly scraped away.

Roy had a red bow under his bed??? For Thea to find. And another to take into the tunnel?

Willa was awesome though all decked out in black and climbing into Malcolm's limo. malcolm trash talking dead tommy, not cool.

Right now the only thing I want is for the score to come out. Its going to be so good!!

If you guys want to start throwing out titles, go ahead. I feel like we'll fly through this today.

So, what was with the story board guggie posted?? Wasn't it bronze tiger/arrow? Cause THAT didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
Do you guys think this was when Oliver didn't confirm or deny what he said to Felicity was true or not?! That look maaaan
I was too busy internally screaming for Felicity because SHE believed, and watching again you can see the moment she passes him the syringe and realizes. It was heartbreaking, because say what you will, this girl does NOT believe ever will ever feel anything for her and imo this just makes it worse.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:19 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
RIGHT?? Nothin like finding you are gonna be a daddy from your G/Fs boss while everyone is pointing guns at each other.

Are you happy VP?? When they put Slade in a rock bunker I knew you would be all
At least they are keeping him to use later.

And on a BOAT! If I had "died" twice by drowning, I would never ever ever get on a boat again. Although I suppose she'd have to get over it at some point with loa.
YES, I couldn't breathe

Lmao that Sara send off was ridiculous. They were all happy with her going off to assassin camp.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
the problem is oliver. writers and sa hint that he meant the ily but did he reeally? its confusig.
They are a mess. Remember during the Barry storyline, where everyone was asking them if Oliver was jealous of him or not? They changed their answer to that 5 damn times. So they can hint that he meant it all they want, we all know it's just gonna be until the next interview when they change their minds.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 05-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
He said "we both did" which made me think the boy still does not realise the feelings she has for him. I do however think that this will make him think. I guess the "unthinkable" was using her feelings like that? Idk can't wait to see jealous Oliver though when Barry wakes up.

I do think they will happen though 100%. However, it's still early so I would be extremely shocked if OL didn't happen again either,
i agree with his.

when he said "we both did" he obviously felt she was acting too. or maybe they were both kinds trying to feel each other out and see if either would admit something.

but of course they both just smile and pretend like everythings normal.

katie, i was wondering about that moment.... did amell mean the end or after he had said i love you?
Old 05-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
They are a mess. Remember during the Barry storyline, where everyone was asking them if Oliver was jealous of him or not? They changed their answer to that 5 damn times. So they can hint that he meant it all they want, we all know it's just gonna be until the next interview when they change their minds.
And this is why I am pretty much done come fall, at least in terms of the obsession I have had all season with the show.

They are baiting ALL of the fans, they will keep all the relationships alive in an effort to not lose anyone, and they will continue to drop balls on the "little" things like the origin stories of the heros they are adding.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:53 AM
Total Fan

I don't think it was the set up itself that frustrated fans (I thought it was smart), it's the acknowledgement from Oliver's side that they want (not even necessarily to felicity) and to know if it's definitely going somewhere.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
i agree with his.

when he said "we both did" he obviously felt she was acting too. or maybe they were both kinds trying to feel each other out and see if either would admit something.

but of course they both just smile and pretend like everythings normal.

katie, i was wondering about that moment.... did amell mean the end or after he had said i love you?
I kind of thought he meant at the end, when she is talking about how much she almost believed him and he's just smiling like a goof ball.

IMO it was a good episode and it added a nice layer to their relationship. They were never going to go full steam ahead in the S2 finale. Considering it jumps months ahead too, I would of been pissed.

I agree Mich! I just want him to say something (lol) and I think he will next season.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Suggesting "You made me a hero, Slade" as a title. Others?
Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
Suggesting "You made me a hero, Slade" as a title. Others?
Yesss

Old 05-15-2014, 05:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Great title.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

So after sleeping on it and not changing my mind, I decided I needed to write this and get my feelings out about the finale. If you are okay with what happened please don't read this, I don't want to change hearts and minds, I'm just throwing it out into the ether for myself.

Oliver used Felicity and her feelings and didn't even have the courtesy to say “Thank you” or “I'm sorry”. Thank you for being brave and thank you for always pushing me to be the hero or I'm sorry I put you in that position, nothing.

She wasn't in on the plan. If she was he would have given her the injection arrow before they got in the mansion. Why risk handing it off to her in front of the cameras? Why risk that they could drop it? Because his plan, that he thought of at QC and had plenty of time to talk about it with her and get her permission and her input, depended on her believing he was in love with her for Slade to see the show. And she did believe. For just a second you see it in her eyes. The “oh” and glance at his lips. The gasp and swallow as he leaves and she knows it was a lie. The hurt in her eyes as the scene fades to black. Was she brave? Absolutely! But Oliver took away her ability to say no. So instead of Felicity being the hero, Oliver did the story equivalent of tying her to a railroad track knowing full well a train would be coming for her, she is the victim of his plan. He left her there as bait for a psycho that has already killed, with no hesitation, with no backup. Oliver was across town fighting in the tunnel with Sara, Nyssa, Lance and Roy. Diggle and Lyla were at Argus. There was no one to help her. So we went from last year Diggle telling Oliver, “doesn't let a brother go into battle alone” to here stand here and lets hope he doesn't decide to kill you as soon as he gets to the mansion.

Felicity has already given up so much to be part of Team Arrow. She believes he's a hero. And THIS is how he rewards her. Even if I accept that Oliver doesn't know how she feels about him, this is still a violation of their friendship. She couldn't have said no at that point, A. Oliver is walking out the door taking the only vehicle with him, B. they talked about him not being able to get close enough to Slade to stop him so she knows he needs her to do this and C. she is to emotionally distracted after the I love you. She has no more choice in the decision than Shado did on the island when Ivo killed her. My life, my choice meant nothing. Because in the end he didn't give her one. Even Moira got to chose her own death.

IMO whether he feels love for her or not doesn't matter. From her perspective he doesn't, she believes the two of them are “unthinkable.” We could have Oliver look at the camera and say I love Felicity to the moon and back, we can analyze his every facial twitch, SHE doesn't know and her feelings are ALL I care about at this point. One of the reasons I have always loved him with Felicity is because he is a better person around her than the other love interests. Tonight they just blew that completely out of the water. He went right back to being selfish Ollie, focused on what he needed and not what would happen to the other person. At the end, she was the broach in the dodger case. The pretty object laid out in order to be stolen. If the situation was reversed and Slade was after Diggle for whatever reason, do you think Oliver would have lead him into a situation and left him behind without cluing him into the plan? I don't.

The writers did a fantastic job of crafting a plan to play with fans but in the end that plan destroyed their hero for me. Oliver can sit on it and spin.

Sorry about the long post. I needed my post Arrow therapy rant.

ETA: Title suggestion. Do you understand? Yes I do and you're an ass!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Extreme Fan

I hope that the ratings are high enough that it makes it worth all the trolling we endured.

No Guggentroll, announcing on Twitter that the unthinkable thing was Oliver using the woman he loves as bait is not enough to cover it.

However one thing I will no longer have to endure: people taking that whole "five years on a hellish island" thing literally and assuming a tattoo artist and a linguist must've visited the island at some point.

Thanks for finally getting around to the obvious, which is that just like he told Diggle HE WAS NOT ALWAYS ON THE ISLAND. The island is a metaphor. He probably hadn't been back on the island very long at all when he found a way off. Hell, he may have arranged the ride, or taken out the person whose ride it was and jumped on instead.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

I did say that the ILY was O to F.

Aside from the Olicity stuff the episode was pretty predictable and didn't really feel like the writers were making an effort here.

As for Olicity, quite clearly they're setting up some things for them for the next season. Firstly, they'll come back to the ILY and have Oliver admit he wasn't exactly only playing Slade. Secondly, they'll have Olicity angst next season, especially since season 3 will start a few months later. Felicity will probably have a guy and Oliver will likely be jealous. Come to think of it, they might even parallel the season 3 finale with this one, with Oliver saying ILY again to Felicity, only this time it won't be for someone else's benefit.
The above didn't bother me. I was fine with Felicity being used as bait, even though EBR/Felicity is just too adorable for any guy to even think of using her like that.

I know a lot of Oliciters are probably pissed right now about not getting the protective side of Oliver with regards to Felicity rather we got him using her as bait. But I think the writers intended this to show the strong side of Felicity. This was more about Felicity than Olicity.

It's the part about how they are playing with the fans that I have an issue with. We all knew they'd play us. It was evident in the "one step forward, two steps backward" interview. I just didn't think it would be this blatantly. It is very arrogant of the writers if they are not even pretending about this. And that is what's turning me off from the show. I'll watch season 3, but if it's Laurel-heavy or Olicity deficient, I'm out. Of course I know by the time season 3 starts, I'll probably have lost interest in Arrow anyway. KC is just too big a turn-off for me to watch her get more screentime and prominence.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
So after sleeping on it and not changing my mind, I decided I needed to write this and get my feelings out about the finale. If you are okay with what happened please don't read this, I don't want to change hearts and minds, I'm just throwing it out into the ether for myself.

Oliver used Felicity and her feelings and didn't even have the courtesy to say “Thank you” or “I'm sorry”. Thank you for being brave and thank you for always pushing me to be the hero or I'm sorry I put you in that position, nothing.

She wasn't in on the plan. If she was he would have given her the injection arrow before they got in the mansion. Why risk handing it off to her in front of the cameras? Why risk that they could drop it? Because his plan, that he thought of at QC and had plenty of time to talk about it with her and get her permission and her input, depended on her believing he was in love with her for Slade to see the show. And she did believe. For just a second you see it in her eyes. The “oh” and glance at his lips. The gasp and swallow as he leaves and she knows it was a lie. The hurt in her eyes as the scene fades to black. Was she brave? Absolutely! But Oliver took away her ability to say no. So instead of Felicity being the hero, Oliver did the story equivalent of tying her to a railroad track knowing full well a train would be coming for her, she is the victim of his plan. He left her there as bait for a psycho that has already killed, with no hesitation, with no backup. Oliver was across town fighting in the tunnel with Sara, Nyssa, Lance and Roy. Diggle and Lyla were at Argus. There was no one to help her. So we went from last year Diggle telling Oliver, “doesn't let a brother go into battle alone” to here stand here and lets hope he doesn't decide to kill you as soon as he gets to the mansion.

Felicity has already given up so much to be part of Team Arrow. She believes he's a hero. And THIS is how he rewards her. Even if I accept that Oliver doesn't know how she feels about him, this is still a violation of their friendship. She couldn't have said no at that point, A. Oliver is walking out the door taking the only vehicle with him, B. they talked about him not being able to get close enough to Slade to stop him so she knows he needs her to do this and C. she is to emotionally distracted after the I love you. She has no more choice in the decision than Shado did on the island when Ivo killed her. My life, my choice meant nothing. Because in the end he didn't give her one. Even Moira got to chose her own death.

IMO whether he feels love for her or not doesn't matter. From her perspective he doesn't, she believes the two of them are “unthinkable.” We could have Oliver look at the camera and say I love Felicity to the moon and back, we can analyze his every facial twitch, SHE doesn't know and her feelings are ALL I care about at this point. One of the reasons I have always loved him with Felicity is because he is a better person around her than the other love interests. Tonight they just blew that completely out of the water. He went right back to being selfish Ollie, focused on what he needed and not what would happen to the other person. At the end, she was the broach in the dodger case. The pretty object laid out in order to be stolen. If the situation was reversed and Slade was after Diggle for whatever reason, do you think Oliver would have lead him into a situation and left him behind without cluing him into the plan? I don't.

The writers did a fantastic job of crafting a plan to play with fans but in the end that plan destroyed their hero for me. Oliver can sit on it and spin.

Sorry about the long post. I needed my post Arrow therapy rant.

ETA: Title suggestion. Do you understand? Yes I do and you're an ass!
To the items in bold especially. It is so frustrating, because in a way, I want to love that Oliver trusted her with it, and knew that she would know what needed to be done. I think they honestly put the choice thing back on the table. "There was no choice to make. He had you and he was going to hurt you." from killing the count --> all this arguing back and forth between him and sara about doing what they need to to protect the people they love-->you said you had a choice, killing him is what put you in this situation-->doing the "unthinkable" and putting F out there for slade to intentionally grab. Its no longer there was no choice to make, he had you had he was going to hurt you, its I made the choice to put you in harms way so that I could save the city and not kill anyone. I think I get what they are going for. Its a fruition of the partner stuff, he trusted her enough to do what needed to be done. Its a fruition of the choice between killer and hero, and I do think it was a callback to "There was no choice to make," except they missed the part that no one actually saw that as a flaw--if its a life or death situation for the one you love, maybe sometimes there isnt another way? But apparently there's always another way? --> this is the problem, its all circuitous logic.

So I think I get what they were going for, But it was poorly executed, and the way that they did it all without commiting anything to anyone was for me. The failure in execution was not in the cast, it was in the writing. These writer are just and I don't think I trust them with the characters I've come to love or MY HEART lol.

EP, the ONLY thing I can think of that explains the lack of apology was McKenna- I forget the exact line, but about finding someone you never have to say you are sorry to. But that's a stretch.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread