Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

As far as I'm concerned they did tell a good story, and that was Felicity's story. 'true heroism is sacrificing your life to save another'(or however that quote went) well that's what she did, she had every reason to think she could die. she's the real hero. The writers can continue to ignore her character and use her popularity for their own gain, doesn't change the facts. She's amazing.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

I can't argue with that. Felicity is a great character.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont think theres any questioning that. she was very brave.

the problem is oliver. writers and sa hint that he meant the ily but did he reeally? its confusig.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

They like to complicate things. It keeps the fans coming back in hopes that they'll be uncomplicated some day.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
the problem is oliver. writers and sa hint that he meant the ily but did he reeally? its confusig.
I thought he did especially after that last scene on the Island.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-15-2014, 02:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
They like to complicate things. It keeps the fans coming back in hopes that they'll be uncomplicated some day.
Actually, it doesn't keep some fans coming back, it simply infuriates us. I'm done.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
I thought he did especially after that last scene on the Island.
im not so quick to agree.

i think oliver is still very oblivious at this point.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Guys, I don't see what the problem is? Most of us thought it was way too soon for anything like a kiss or an ILY. This is perfect. It was obvious that Oliver realised that he feels something for Felicity but he's not ready to admit it yet and that's cool because she's not ready to admit it either. We will get a lot of them trying to downplay their feelings next season but come on, it's canon that Oliver Queen is a TERRIBLE liar and there was no faking that look of love.

Also I'm pretty sure she was in on the plan. She was just surprised by the emotion behind what he said.

Anyway, Felicity completely stole the whole episode.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDecoded (View Post)
Yeah i know..but I like what vabs i think said - neither one of them were ready to admit it..Felicity is a babbler its part of her cuteness, but when she says "Lets go home" it's like they understood each other. And Oliver didn't deny it. If he did, Felicity would call him out on it because she's been calling him out on all his bull since he handed her a shot up laptop.

They know.
They both totally knew, and I think going into s3 its going to be awkward between them b/c Oliver can't take back the 'ILY' and he cant take back that he used Felicity. And even though, she understood why he did it and was even alittle proud that he found another way, she was hurt that he feelings like that and that could open up room for some trust issues.

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 05-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 05-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
A shy girl and an emotionally screwed-up boy are not going to work out something like love anytime soon, after all.
I like this from her recap.

He doesn't really know how to be in love with someone, especially since that could get them killed. Like, he loves Laurel but I don't think he's in love with her, he just always has. He needs to learn. He's very much a scared boy.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Ok but last time I looked, the LoA was a morally incorrect place to be that Sara was traumatized by having joined and returning to the LoA was agreeing to again do things that she was horrified she'd done. In fact we had to deal with Oliver finding it Very Very Important that Sara not go back and her being super angsty about it.

But Quentin and Laurel saw her off like she was leaving for her junior year abroad in Paris, and Sara was enthusiastic about it.

Is that just the power of Nyssa's hotness? Like does her family understand what she's going off to do?
Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

i dont think she knew until he handed her the cure.

originally in that scene she said 'i dont understand' when he said he was leaving her at the mansion. then he did his whole speech and she was genuinely surprised. (in the final scene she admitted she thought it was real at first). then he hands her the cure and says 'do you understand?' imo THAT was the moment it clicked for her.

at the end she basically says to him YOU did a good job. YOU had a good plan. that HE was convincing. that says to me that it was all his idea. he only thought of it after felicity told him to let slade outthink theem.

i think if they had planned it together 1) we wouldnhave seen them discussing that as part or the flashback
2) she would have said "our plan" worked or something to that affect
3) she wouldnt have looked so genuinely shocked. which is prob why oliver didnt tell her to begin with. he wanted it to be authentic from her so the moment looked believable.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-15-2014 at 03:35 AM
Old 05-15-2014, 03:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

For me the problem is clearly the writers. They keep doing episodes and then explaining things afterwards in interviews, twitter, etc. I am sorry but you should be able to tell a story without the need to explain later on what was going on, what this character thinks, why the other one does some things.

I am sure the writers dont want to tell the Olicity story and they have been playing fans to make the ratings go up, that is why I watch the finale without expectations at all and actually laughed out loud because they clearly were trying to play every single Olicity fan, including me.

I am convinced they will tell the story of BC and GA even though I think this is a huge mistake "ala" HIMYM, trying to force something when clearly is nor working, sorry but SA and KC dont work together, zero chemistry plus disgusting background story with sister swapping included.

The other problem that I think they have is Stephen Amell, he is one of the main reason a lot of people love Olicity from the beginning (dont get me wrong, the main and most important reason is EBR and her oustanding way of portrying Felicity). I dont care what he says but the way he is acting, the wasy he is portraying Oliver and the Arrow is showing us feelings growing towards her, plus he clearly loves Olicity (in a personal level).
But that is a problem and a problem the writers should correct if they dont want to play any romantic story bwtween them, they should tell him not to show this kind of emotion with her. They will be idiots, clearly, not to tell the story we would love to see, because the chemistry between EBR and SA is off the charts and that's one of the best parts of Arrow, that and Team Arrow (most Diggle more than welcome, please).

What I am trying to say is that they should tell whatever they want to tell and stop playing with fans, stop explaining episodes afterwards and just basically tell us the story but on screen please. And then, we, as fans, have the right to decide if that's what we want to watch or not.

Sorry for my long post
Old 05-15-2014, 03:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

He said "we both did" which made me think the boy still does not realise the feelings she has for him. I do however think that this will make him think. I guess the "unthinkable" was using her feelings like that? Idk can't wait to see jealous Oliver though when Barry wakes up.

I do think they will happen though 100%. However, it's still early so I would be extremely shocked if OL didn't happen again either,
Closed Thread   Post New Thread