Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am hoping it will last longer than Betrayal which only lasted half a season.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's on premium cable, Showtime, so we'll get a whole season at least. It's Season 2 we need to cross our fingers for!

I never watched Betrayal, I'll have to go google.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so bummed. I have tried to view that video a couple times and it's not working for me. That sucks.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Nik!!

So happy to have us back on a board where we can chat about Josh again! It's been years.

I can't wait for more details about this show (and pictures!).
Old 05-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

I found the same video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS702zZsjtw
Old 05-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
It's impossible to make Josh less than gorgeous. He could be sexy even with cactus dress.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I found the same video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS702zZsjtw
Thanks so much Jade.

I listened to it, but I don't hear Josh's voice with that line, but who knows.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Thanks so much Jade.

I listened to it, but I don't hear Josh's voice with that line, but who knows.
It's right after 0:38. Maybe it's because of the different accent of a long island dude (i remember josh was talking about diction on twitter for his new character) and it may not look like his voice. But it's Josh

Last edited by jade86; 05-16-2014 at 07:23 AM
Old 05-16-2014, 07:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Who knows...but I'm ready for a promo with Josh's face.

I was thinking maybe showing the Cole/Allison storyline in this type of short promo may have been too heavy? The show is about an affair, but then you have the loss of baby storyline. I don't know how you could get that in a 5 second clip.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Who knows...but I'm ready for a promo with Josh's face.

I was thinking maybe showing the Cole/Allison storyline in this type of short promo may have been too heavy? The show is about an affair, but then you have the loss of baby storyline. I don't know how you could get that in a 5 second clip.
Yes, maybe their story is too important to be spoilered in these kind of short promos. I think they just focused on the most important plot at least for the Pilot. Maura Tierney is in the promo, unlike josh. Maybe he will show up in better promos
Yes, the show is about an affair but it's clear that the focus will be also on both marriages...so the focus should be on Cole and Ellen too. If we consider Allison's situation, for example, maybe her story with Cole (not to mention the loss of their son) is very complicated and that leads to Allison's betrayal. So, Cole must play an important role.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here's a little description I just saw, hadn't read this one before. Or at least I didn't remember the "wealthy father in law" part.

According to showtime.com, The Affair, “at once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive,” focuses on Noah, a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law, and Alison, a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

Quote:
Yes, maybe their story is too important to be spoilered in these kind of short promos. I think they just focused on the most important plot at least for the Pilot. Maura Tierney is in the promo, unlike josh. Maybe he will show up in better promos
Yes, the show is about an affair but it's clear that the focus will be also on both marriages...so the focus should be on Cole and Ellen too. If we consider Allison's situation, for example, maybe her story with Cole (not to mention the loss of their son) is very complicated and that leads to Allison's betrayal. So, Cole must play an important role.
He was in the first release of promo pics. Maybe they're just trying to spread out the story slowly as they release info. It's a lot of stories, and four leads. It's a lot to fit in a preview.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Here's a little description I just saw, hadn't read this one before. Or at least I didn't remember the "wealthy father in law" part.

According to showtime.com, The Affair, “at once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive,” focuses on Noah, a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law, and Alison, a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

He was in the first release of promo pics. Maybe they're just trying to spread out the story slowly as they release info. It's a lot of stories, and four leads. It's a lot to fit in a preview.
Indeed.
It's obvious that they needed to start with the affair in the first promo. Then they will add more details about the other lead actors i guess.
The detail about Noah's father in law was in fact not in the other press releases we read. It's an important detail i think.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ok i think the "great house" guy is Cole. Just listen Josh voice in this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3HfjifL48
Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are some gifs form the promo. I like these because it makes it seem like the promo was longer. I just wish Josh was in one of them.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm sure he will appear in the next official promo
Closed Thread   Post New Thread