Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Honestly I don't even know where the pilot is that I read or from where. Sorry.
Stacy, is it possible that you could PM me what happened (as far as story/plot/characters) in the copy you read? And if you are ever interested I have copy of the Pilot from April 20th that I could send to you.

Touching on a topic in the previous thread, I must say that I'm very excited to hear that the producers plan to have more real emotional drama (plus humor) over the usual teen "over-the-top" melodrama. I want to be able to relate to these characters, have them be more human and three dimensional.

I can't describe how excited I am for 90210. I can't wait to see the cast in action, what kind of music will be featured, how the show looks visually, and tonally etc..

Last edited by songstolove; 07-27-2008 at 04:08 PM
Old 07-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by songstolove (View Post)
Touching on a topic in the previous thread, I must say that I'm very excited to hear that the producers plan to have more real emotional drama (plus humor) over the usual teen "over-the-top" melodrama. I want to be able to relate to these characters, have them be more human and three dimensional.

I can't describe how excited I am for 90210. I can't wait to see the cast in action, what kind of music will be featured, how the show looks visually, and tonally etc..
I'm excited about that too. I hope the writing is smart but not too smart. Emotional but not unbelievably so. I'm most excited to see Silver. Jessica Stroup seems charismatic to me. Has anyone seen her in other shows/movies?

As far the show's aesthetic, purely based on the promo pics and commercials, they seem to be going with the green/blue cool tones. I like it. It's visually appealing.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Total Fan

Jessica was in Prom Night and in Reaper. I liked her a lot in Prom Night.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

yay stills!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Anyone think that there might be a romance on the show between Ryan and Silver?

Here is a video interview with both Ryan and Jessica. And at about 2:50, Ryan hints at a Ryan and Silver romance. He sort of starts pointing at Jessica. But then again, he might be joking.
YouTube - Meet the cast from 90210!

Personally, I'd like to see that. They're the only couple I'd be interested in seeing. I'm not too fond of any other prospects. But both Ryan and Jessica are gorgeous people. I think Ryan and Silver might make a cute couple on screen.

However, there are rumors going on that the fling is between Ryan and Naomi. I hope they are not true.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

I think Ryan and Silver would be hott together. I want that to be who Ryan is hooking up with. At first I thought Ryan was going to be gay and be hooking up with Navid.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othgirl8706 (View Post)
I think Ryan and Silver would be hott together. I want that to be who Ryan is hooking up with. At first I thought Ryan was going to be gay and be hooking up with Navid.

There are a lot of rumors going around. Like that Navid is gay. That Silver will get a crush on Dixon, so a Dixon/Silver pairing. And the fling with Ryan and Naomi.

BUT personally, I'm rooting for a Ryan and Silver pairing. I think both actors look especially good together.

So who knows what is true or not.

Has anyone else heard any other rumors about which pairings will happen?

Obviously, the Ethan/Annie thing will happen. And the Naomi/Ethan/Annie triangle.

But what I personally want to know more about is Silver and Ryan. If there is a possible fling or romance happening for them. I'd tune into that.

Walter and Paige

Old 07-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well don't forget the new person for Annie. This show is going to be crazy with couples.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stacy* (View Post)
Well don't forget the new person for Annie. This show is going to be crazy with couples.

Here is another video.

Right at the end Ryan talks about some "love/hate" thing for his character with another female character who has a boyfriend!

So yeah, unfortunately, it is Naomi indeed:
YouTube - Jason C. Talks to the Cast of 90210 About Love Twists

It's at 3:20. And I also read the sides of the script for the pilot. There are a TON of Ryan and Naomi scenes where they are kind of mean to each other.

Oh well, I guess Ryan was joking in the other video about the Silver thing.

Plus, I think Jessica says that her character, Silver, has no love interest yet.

Walter and Paige

Old 07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Isnt Adriana the drug addict apart of the naomi/ethan/annie love mess?

Quote:
But what I personally want to know more about is Silver and Ryan. If there is a possible fling or romance happening for them. I'd tune into that.
Do we have a thing for teachers who hook up with students?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othgirl8706 (View Post)
Isnt Adriana the drug addict apart of the naomi/ethan/annie love mess?

Do we have a thing for teachers who hook up with students?

In real life, I think the actors are like a year or two years apart. I think Jessica is 21 years old, and Ryan is like 23 years old. In the description, it says that the teacher that he portrays is also 23 years old.

Silver could be 17 or 18.

So there is basically no age difference.

It's funny I keep saying Ryan. The actor and the character with the same name can get confusing.

Walter and Paige

Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not sure since I haven't read the revised or original pilot script but I thought Silver had her eyes set on Dixon and I originally thought Naomi and Ryan would hook up but from the side it seems Adriana is also after Mr. Matthews.

As for Silvers age... She's supposed to be 16

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 07-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ryan's a teacher? Wow, how did I totally miss that?

tbh, nothing from the "new" show/cast has really grabbed my attention yet, but maybe they will when I watch the episodes. The actor playing Dixon was really good on The Wire, so I am interested to see his work here.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yup, Ryan Matthews is the lit teacher for the kids, he's supposed to be the Gil Meyers for this batch of kids... Ya know, if Gil Meyers was a drug addict and attracted to his students

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieXscene (View Post)
Yup, Ryan Matthews is the lit teacher for the kids, he's supposed to be the Gil Meyers for this batch of kids... Ya know, if Gil Meyers was a drug addict and attracted to his students

I don't think Ryan is a drug addict, though.

He's simply described as a "young and hip" 23 year old teacher who gets close to his students because he can still identify with the younger people more than the other older teachers.

Walter and Paige

Closed Thread   Post New Thread