Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Extreme Fan

No, I see the ring too. Although I'm not sure it's not just her old wedding ring and she's still wearing it. It's possible she has worn it in some scenes and not in others. They don't always get the consistency perfectly.

I agree, that guy is probably not Evelyn. The actor playing Tim Merton is very tall and that guy is too. And he has a more rugged face than Evelyn too. Plus they said had a "hunky new beau," and if it were an existing character I don't think they would have worded it quite that way. Also I wouldn't describe Evelyn as hunky. Handsome, yes, but not hunky. The actor playing Tim is hunky. And that does look like him although again, it's hard to tell for sure.

And it would make sense if Rose got together with Tim because we know he is in the series and they live nearby, which means she could visit a couple of times in S6.

Still Evelyn might be filming there too, since BP was in Edinburgh. Maybe he does have a scene or two? I just don't think this is one of them.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
The article about filming says that the cast is also shooting scenes from the regular season, not just the CS. I found that interesting.
That is good news for all who a interested in the various romances! Because if they shoot not only for the CS, it means they had time left in other weeks to shoot for the CS.

Good news for us "Madison" shippers, who hope Madeleine Allsop will come back and if she does, she will come back at Tom Branson's love interest. Because Poppy Drayton went on a short vacation from July 14th for a week and after that she started filming another movie. The same goes for TC btw.

So it is possible that they could both be in the CS after all! Maybe even JO, even though his rehearsals for "A night with Reg" started in Mid June, so the chances to see him in the CS are a little less good.

BTW, I think the man in the picture is Tim Grey. We speculated already that he might be Rose's new beau and it looks as we were right about that.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
No, I don't think we do.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2014, 03:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lily James posted a pic on Istagram of her, Laura Carmichael, Allen Leech and an actor named Douglas Booh.

http://instagram.com/p/rZSHVSlTxf/?modal=true

I don't know if he is the guy playing Rose's fiance or if he was just hanging around with LC, LJ and AL. It could be him, but it's difficult to tell... also he has a stubble so unless he finished filming a few days ago, it's not him.

Last edited by ClaireK80; 08-08-2014 at 03:48 AM
Old 08-08-2014, 03:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireK80 (View Post)
Lily James posted a pic on Istagram of her, Laura Carmichael, Allen Leech and an actor named Douglas Booh.

Instagram

I don't know if he is the guy playing Rose's fiance or if he was just hanging around with LC, LJ and AL. It could be him, but it's difficult to tell... also he has a stubble so unless he finished filming a few days ago, it's not him.

It's not him, I think. I think the picture was taken a while ago when Lily, Laura and Allen went to the groucho club after meeting Prince William for a chariy event. I recognize the dresses Lily and Laura are wearing. Yesterday evening some fan took a pic with Allen and Rob and they were wearing normal clothes and obviously were in a pub in Alnwick again.

I think the guy in the picture could be Ed Cooper Clarke, who is playing Tim Grey (Lord Merton's eldest son). He's 6'3 and looks like this:

Or it could be an actor who was added today. Alexander Cooper. I didn't find anything about his height and we don't see his hair, so it could be him, too.

His character's name is "Rules Waiter"

Here the picture again. It's hard to tell.

Here's a picture that shows the height difference between Evelyn Napier and Mary. I think Rose is slightly shorter than Mary. Considering this I wouldn't completely rule it out that the man in the picture could be Evelyn?

Okay, now I looked at Douglas Booth's page. He's 6'1 like Evelyn Napier. I do think he looks younger than the man in the picture, but look at his upper lip. That could be him, too.

Last edited by Andorra; 08-08-2014 at 05:40 AM
Old 08-08-2014, 05:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Ed Cooper Clarke is gorgeous! He reminds me a bit of a young Hugh Grant, although i never found Hugh Grant that sexy...does this make sense? Well anyway...i'm asking myself what kind of character he'll play. We'll find out...
Old 08-08-2014, 06:55 AM
Extreme Fan

It's not the Rules Waiter. He's just a waiter at that restaurant where Mary, Tom and Edith were filming a few weeks ago (called Rules!).

It's not Douglas Booth, I am pretty sure. He is only about 22 years old and is also not likely to be doing this show. He's got a film career under way that is going pretty nicely (Romeo and Juliet, The Riot Club) so he doesn't really need it.

I agree I would not rule out Evelyn. Based on that picture of him with Mary it could be him too. He's also slender and tall. The slop of his shoulders is similar and he is walking the same way, with his hands behind his back. Although maybe that's just how men walked? Tom does it too.

It could be either. I don't think it likely that Rose would be with Evelyn (weird pairing) but they could still be visiting him, or vice-versa (if they're at Rose's husbands house).

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm19883448...ef_=nmmd_md_pv

ECC in profile looks a bit more like that guy. But I am thinking Evelyn makes sense. The resemblance is there, no doubt.

http://www.spotlight.com/5498-0161-6964

We have another culprit! This guy is on the show and plays "Edmund." Chris Croucher just started following him and he recently followed Allen, Laura. Joanne, Chris and Brendan. Which suggests he's been filming just recently.

COuld that guy be Edmund? And who's Edmund?

Last edited by HarshBench; 08-08-2014 at 09:06 AM
Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

New picture of the man. Definitely not Evelyn and not Tim Grey IMO. What do you think? I think someone completely new:
Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, you're right, not Evelyn. And that Edmund character is likely a servant (as you said) since he has no last name.

I have no idea who that is! You never know though because people can look really different in direct sunlight, with different haircuts, expressions, etc.

I can't totally rule out Tim Gray but I know it's not Evelyn! But it seems likely he's with Rose, no?

OK, that reporter is goofy. Post-production is obviously not gong to transform that outdoor scene with Edith/Mary/Rose into a winter scene! They are wearing spring coats and colors! Can't she see that? Those are clearly not winter clothes.

Jeez, the press is soooo lazy sometimes!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
Well, you're right, not Evelyn. And that Edmund character is likely a servant (as you said) since he has no last name.

I have no idea who that is! You never know though because people can look really different in direct sunlight, with different haircuts, expressions, etc.

I can't totally rule out Tim Gray but I know it's not Evelyn! But it seems likely he's with Rose, no?

OK, that reporter is goofy. Post-production is obviously not gong to transform that outdoor scene with Edith/Mary/Rose into a winter scene! They are wearing spring coats and colors! Can't she see that? Those are clearly not winter clothes.

Jeez, the press is soooo lazy sometimes!
So it is obvious they film for several episodes. And I bet the winter scene of Mosely and Baxter is for the CS and the spring scenes for something else.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Loyal Fan

From tumblr:

A picture of Mary's hand. In the scene with Tony we saw in the ITV trailer we clearly saw that she didn't wear her wedding ring any more.

Also: Next week the show will be in Bampton, so we can expect more pictures there. It should also be their last week of filming.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Loyal Fan

One of the mystery man without a hat:

Okay hair looks like Tim Grey again
Old 08-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I wasn't crazy and she is wearing a ring after all. No idea what's going on there. Would she really take Matthew's ring off in those scenes with Tony and then, toward the end of the season, put it back on? Granted, they could just be forgetful about when she's wearing the ring and when she isn't, but it seems like in a scene where she's kissing Tony and possibly getting engaged to him that the lack of Matthew's ring would be intentional.

On the other hand, would JF really marry her off to either suitor this season? That seems sort of fast unless there's a time jump. Or unless a hasty marriage is part of what MD meant when she said Mary makes impulsive decisions that don't turn out to be the right one in the end (in which case, would JF have her marry and then divorce?).

Could it be an engagement ring? Did engagement rings back then look like that?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Okay, I wasn't crazy and she is wearing a ring after all. No idea what's going on there. Would she really take Matthew's ring off in those scenes with Tony and then, toward the end of the season, put it back on? Granted, they could just be forgetful about when she's wearing the ring and when she isn't, but it seems like in a scene where she's kissing Tony and possibly getting engaged to him that the lack of Matthew's ring would be intentional.

On the other hand, would JF really marry her off to either suitor this season? That seems sort of fast unless there's a time jump. Or unless a hasty marriage is part of what MD meant when she said Mary makes impulsive decisions that don't turn out to be the right one in the end (in which case, would JF have her marry and then divorce?).

Could it be an engagement ring? Did engagement rings back then look like that?
Rose is wearing a ring with a rock. Mary's is plain. Roses looks more like a modern engagement ring but idk. Even at that time most engagement rings had jewels, at least among the aristocracy. It would be odd for Mary to have such a plain engagement ring. But a wedding ring was plainer, generally speaking.

I don't know if women wore both at the same time, as they do now?

Also, Mystery Guy without a hat is clearly not Evelyn and IMO could definitely be Ed Cooper Clarke. Long chin, tall, similar nose and wavy hair. The nose is pretty distinctive so that's a strong sign.

Last edited by HarshBench; 08-08-2014 at 11:28 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread