Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

You were not alone in the eye rolling. They were actually leaping through the sky.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm...well, I'll take your word for it. I was just worried that the ship came from out of nowhere. If there was previous chemistry from before it's okay. I just freaked out and thought that they were doing that to appeal to people that watched the movie.

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
Old 06-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angry little lawyer
Hmmm...well, I'll take your word for it. I was just worried that the ship came from out of nowhere. If there was previous chemistry from before it's okay. I just freaked out and thought that they were doing that to appeal to people that watched the movie.
If it helps any, I think this is the scene which was being referenced in #445 (Kurt was using his image inducer here since they were going out in public):

And the recent scene:

I love the "Essential X-Men" books ^_^. They're a good way to find out all the history that started back in the 70s/80s. For example, there was a time where Magneto wasn't just a psychotic power-hungry, humanity-hating mutant. He actually had a 3-dimensional personality which allowed the readers to understand where he was coming from and even feel a bit of sympathy towards him. At least they kept that somewhat intact in the movies .
Old 06-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cool.
The funny thing is, I think I actally read that old issue of x-men and forgot about it.

LOL about the Magneto thing. What's always been interesting about Magneto is that when you really stop to think about it, he's not wrong about how mutants are being treated. While I don't advocate his killing-humans policy, I do agree that sometimes its not enough to turn the other cheek, unfortunately. I guess I kind of respect Magneto and where he's coming from but ultimately I don't agree with him because I agree with the X-Men that there's always another way to solve your problems than the mass genocide of the human species.

Oh and I love your avatar Elektra, I keep hoping that the live action Sailor Moon series will find its way to the states on DVD.

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
Old 06-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Cool.
LOL about the Magneto thing. What's always been interesting about Magneto is that when you really stop to think about it, he's not wrong about how mutants are being treated. While I don't advocate his killing-humans policy, I do agree that sometimes its not enough to turn the other cheek, unfortunately. I guess I kind of respect Magneto and where he's coming from but ultimately I don't agree with him because I agree with the X-Men that there's always another way to solve your problems than the mass genocide of the human species.
One of the disappointing things about "New X-Men" recently was that Magneto was just written as 'insane supervillian wants to take over the world'... with a drug addiction to boot.

Heck, Xorn was far more interesting then Mags. I miss Xorn, actually. I hope the writers do something with the new 'Xorn' discovery.

Off topic, but:

Quote:

Oh and I love your avatar Elektra, I keep hoping that the live action Sailor Moon series will find its way to the states on DVD.
LOL, doubt it. They can't really dub it convincingly, unless they redo the entire thing a la Power Rangers -- though even then, they were still able to keep the Japanese fight scenes because of the helmets covering the actor's faces, and the fact all the 'monsters' wore cheesy masks (and while the SM monsters wear masks too, the actors don't).

I make my own DVDs of the SM-Live fansubs I download. But I've seen some subtitled bootleg DVDs floating around. Check your nearest Chinatown

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread! ^_^
Old 06-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Does anyone like the "District X' series yet? It's only on it's second issue, but I did enjoy the first issue of the series. 2nd issue comes out the 9th of this month. Here is the cover of it and preview.

District X #2 Written by David Hine; Penciled by David Yardin; Cover by Steve McNiven
"MR. M" pt. 2 (of 6)
Bishop and his partner, Officer Ismael Ortega, dig deeper into the troubles brewing within the confines of District X. Who is Mr. M., and what role will he play in the future of this combustible mutant ghetto? 32 PGS./MARVEL PSR $2.99
Old 06-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Total Fan

Hi, you guys!
Lot to catch up!

I'm okay with Ororo and Kurt. Really! I believe Claremont makes Ororo a great character. Maybe I'll love her again! And 445 is better than 444, for sure! It's gettin better! Nice to see Bishop just being a mutant, instead of a cop 24/7!

About District: I believe this is the only x-reload-new-title I'm not goin to get, cause I really don't like Bishop!

bb,
Samwise
Old 06-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

I haven't read District X, and I probably won't. Not really a Bishop fan.^_^ I'll stick with the core X-titles for now, and the Xtreme/Exiles TPBs
Old 06-07-2004, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow, a few people hatin' on Bishop. lol

Does anyone ast least like the X-Men Unlimited series and the Astonishing X-Men series?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Wow, a few people hatin' on Bishop. lol

Does anyone ast least like the X-Men Unlimited series and the Astonishing X-Men series?

Don't be sad, Carmelo! I'm sure there are some Bish-cop fans around!!

I read the Astonishing series!

bb,
Samwise
Old 06-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Samwise Gangee, you're a Northstar fan, right? Ultimate Northstar appeared in Ultimate X-Men #46. He has an encounter with Nightcrawler and Angel. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling this may be his last appearance
No! Don't say that! I really miss Northstar and I'm really ticked that they just got rid of him without an explanation.

Sorry, I wasn't around on the X-Men board's last days. I've been really behind and I didn't want to get spoiled. But now I really regret being absent since it's gone now.

Last edited by Cursed; 06-07-2004 at 02:56 PM
Old 06-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cursed
No! Don't say that! I really miss Northstar and I'm really ticked that they just got rid of him without an explanation.

Sorry, I wasn't around on the X-Men board's last days. I've been really behind and I didn't want to get spoiled. But now I really regret being absent since the it's gone now.
I miss our board too!
But at least we are still around!!
At the first thread you'll find other x-men related threads!
We've got Iceman/Northstar thread still runing!
We still have hope for Northstar, since Austen brought him and he's still writing X-Men!

bb,
Samwise
Old 06-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

I've already subscribed to both this thread and the Iceman/Northstar thread. Really cool that I can still discuss these things with you guys.

It's weird, Claremont was the one who spoke about having Bobby and Jean-Paul getting together but it doesn't seem like he'll be working on that anytime soon. I guess, Austen really is our only hope now.

Also, I just picked up Astonishing and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure what to expect, what with Joss Whedon writing it, but it looks like Joss really fits in nicely into the Marvel universe. Apparantly they're also releasing a director's cut of that issue later this month!

I'm still reading Uncanny, but only out of devotion to the title. I'm not really fond of the new team. Cannonball and Sage are really the only ones that I'm into right now.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
I read X-Men Unlimited sometimes if the story appeals to me. But I have "Astonishing" on my monthly pull list at the comic book store ^_- .
Old 06-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elektra
I read X-Men Unlimited sometimes if the story appeals to me. But I have "Astonishing" on my monthly pull list at the comic book store ^_- .
Cool...I liked the first issue of Astonishing. I liked the Cannonball story in 2nd issue of Unlimited!