Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by joeschmo
i hate it. not that i don't like the character, cause he was one of my favorites... but his death had such a profound impact and the reasoning behind it all was genius. having suffered through Illyana and watching her wither away, Peter sacrafices himself to save the world. it was touching and beautiful and now he's back and that whole storyline has gone to crap. i'm waiting for Jean's eventual return though cause hell, the Phoenix always rises from the ashes. maybe they'll bring back Psylocke too while they're at it. and you know that Magneto (if he isn't already back) is coming too.
I agree with you 'bout Colossus' death! But I really don't care that much, cause I know nobody dies at Marvel!

Magneto is already back. In fact... he was never gone!!

bb,
Samwise
Old 09-24-2004, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't reading X-Men when Collossus died the first time around. In the long run, I'm not sure I'll love this.

Jean coming back in X-Factor, IMO, was a real "jump the shark" moment. It started the coming back from the dead storylines that never went away. It happens in a lot of comics, but the X-Men are becoming notorious for it.

If you hate those storylines, I don't recommend "X-Men: The End".

It reminds me of one of my favorite sigs I saw on FF:

"Bad habits are like the X-Men. They die hard, and always come back"
Old 09-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

well Professor X 'died' in the early Stan Lee run and came back... at least Thunderbird has stayed dead right?

ok, so i really haven't been following Claremont's 'Excalibur', so can someone explain how Magneto came back? and all the previews for new issues talk about searching for Xorn, so I guess that he's a real seperate character. and will somebody kill Squid Boy Sammy already! i don't know why Austen thought he could make him a likeable character.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
ok, so i really haven't been following Claremont's 'Excalibur', so can someone explain how Magneto came back?
Magneto was never dead. It was a 'shape shifter mutant'. But I really have some issues 'bout that! Some things aren't clear.

Quote:
and all the previews for new issues talk about searching for Xorn, so I guess that he's a real seperate character.
Well... looks like there's a Xorn in China. I believe we'll learn more 'bout it soon.

bb,
Samwise
Old 10-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
well Professor X 'died' in the early Stan Lee run and came back... at least Thunderbird has stayed dead right?
You have a good point. I guess Stan Lee started it. But it was a pretty small storyline. I still argue X-Factor was the beginning of the end.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

ok, so i really haven't been following Claremont's 'Excalibur', so can someone explain how Magneto came back? and all the previews for new issues talk about searching for Xorn, so I guess that he's a real seperate character. and will somebody kill Squid Boy Sammy already! i don't know why Austen thought he could make him a likeable character.
Well... seems like we've got answers for all of these now!

There were 2 Xorns. They were twin brothers.
And looks like Sammy died!!

They heard ya!

bb,
Samwise
Old 10-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually liked Sammy. :shrugs: But I usually like unpopular "lame" characters. I thought his powers were a little different. And he showed the negative side of mutation (again). Someone who can't hide his looks (like Nightcrawler), and is young and struggling.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sammy is gone, good. though what that'll mean to Cain is yet to be seen. i think Cain is pretending to be part of the Brotherhood... at least i hope so. i actually like him as a hero. and this whole Xorn thing is a mess.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Total Fan

I just hope Cain won't turn evil again. That would be sick. I also think he's pretending... but 'cause of his pretending Sammy died... that's goin to be some guilt to overcome.

bb,
Samwise
Old 10-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Cain as a hero too. He's like Emma in that way. They both add some spice to the X-Men b/c they think a little differently.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samwise Gamgee
Guys... what do u think about Colossus' return??

bb,
Samwise
Well, I just read the first 5 Astonishing X-Men's today, so I can actually say something and know what I'm talking about...

I have to say that I don't have that much of a problem with it. Maybe because Colossus was always one of my favorite characters, or because I didn't read X-Men when he died, or because I've just accepted that no one really 'dies' in comics (except Bucky, although I wondered there for a while).

I agree that the whole 'resurrection' thing is kind of sad. Having a character killed off or dying for a higher purpose doesn't have the impact it should, mainly because cynical fans know that it is just a matter of time before that character comes back in some elaborate or mystical way.

Other than that, I can say I'm loving Whedon's X-men. I'm actually reading the comic now, and I haven't done that in years.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Total Fan

Yah... I think the same way 'bout Colossus' return and death in comics. Kinda sad.

And I gotta say Whedon is just amazing with the X-Men!

bb,
Samwise
Old 10-26-2004, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

WHEDONesque attended the Joss Whedon fundraiser for the John Kerry campaign in which he finally put to rest rumors about X-Men 3:

Joss also said he would NOT be directing Xmen3, he wasn't going to be writing or directing it…he thought long and hard about it but Fox didn't ask him and if he showed up to start directing it would be a faux pas.

Thanks to 'Rafferty Rulz' for the heads up.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Total Fan

That's sad. Cause I think he would have been great working with the movie! He's doin great with Astonishing!

bb,
Samwise
Old 10-27-2004, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have liked to have seen it too. I think he could have done great things for the younger characters, Iceman, Rogue, Pyro, etc.

I'll admit, I'm worried about the future of the X-Men movies.