Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I miss the anime board too. But there isn't much we can do about it. Even though anime should really not be on the Cartoons board.
Oh, what would you (any of you) recommend to watch? I really want to start some new series. I like both shonen and shoujo, really pretty much anything but the really creepy horror and hentai.
End of story.
-Gambit
Old 09-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kamikaze01
Oh, what would you (any of you) recommend to watch? I really want to start some new series. I like both shonen and shoujo, really pretty much anything but the really creepy horror and hentai.
Well, what have you seen so far?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Mmmm maybe you should request another anime board

And kamikaze01, you could start bu watching the'classics' like well .... maybe not Evangelion, it would mess up your mind but perhaps something like Love Hina would be a cool start huh ?

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Has anyone seen Witch Hunter Robin ? I've watched the first three episodes (unfortunately dubbed) and I have to say there's not much going on.....evil witch of the week gets fried by Robin....and that's it....was the original Japanese better? I mean does the story get more involved in the history/mythology of the setting and characters?
Old 10-09-2004, 05:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm not really into anime but since a friend of mine have like a ton of anime cds and made me watch everytime -- she said it's for my own good and be deviant once in a while.

I gotta say, I learned to appreciate it.

I watch Sailormoon, Hana Yori Dango, and Fushigi Yugi.

I love Usagi and Mamoru, even if Usagi is the queen of stupidness...

They say that the characters are different from the Anime than in Manga.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by onionroach
I'm getting into Outlaw Star. It's a fun series. At first it reminded me of Cowboy Bebop but then it came into its own.
I should try that one. I love Cowboy Bebop!

Lynea, I couldn't get into Witchhunter Robin either. I thought it was such a bore.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I just learned that Sailormoon, has now a live action show (real people are acting Sailor Soldiers) they just finish a season and in the story Mamoru and Usagi got married. I saw the web site, the guy (who's acting Mamoru) is cute enough, for a japanese, I guess. But Usagi's hair is weird.

Thought you guys wanna know...if you already do...then...you do...
Old 10-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
Thought you guys wanna know...if you already do...then...you do...
You spoiled the ending for me... Not that I care. Hmm, interesting. I think the show is kinda dumb, but I still watch it.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hana Yori Dango
Hey...another HYD fan. Have you seen all the eps?

P.S. Your anime-loving friend is a good friend indeed.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by free
You spoiled the ending for me... Not that I care. Hmm, interesting. I think the show is kinda dumb, but I still watch it.
Sorry, are you watching the live action show -- 'coz the story is different from the anime...I haven't watched the live action show (just the anime) I just checked out the web site, -- my friend is like still begging one of her friends in Japan to get her copies.

Oh, and Usagi in the live action show is not dumb like in the anime...

Quote:
Hey...another HYD fan. Have you seen all the eps?

P.S. Your anime-loving friend is a good friend indeed.
Yes, I have...wanna know the ending?

About the good friend indeed comment...I don't know, she sometimes forced me to watch...Plus, most of her animes are subtitled (she's trying to learn Japanese language -- talk about craziness over anime). Anyway, I still love her.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I am referring to the live action show. I like it a lot less than the anime...

Quote:
Yes, I have...wanna know the ending?
Oh, I saw the ending of HYD a few times...I just love that there's another person here I can talk about it with. Tell me what your favorite episode is?

Quote:
(she's trying to learn Japanese language -- talk about craziness over anime).
Anime is what got me started in Japanese. So, do you not like subtitles?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I am referring to the live action show. I like it a lot less than the anime...

Okay, I was wrong about the wedding part, I checked out the site again and the wedding I was talking about was sort of a sequel movie to the show...

Quote:

Oh, I saw the ending of HYD a few times...I just love that there's another person here I can talk about it with. Tell me what your favorite episode is?
I'm more partial to Rui, I don't like Doumuji (pardon the spelling) for Tsukushi -- I guess it has something to do with the complicated relationship that they have...

I don't know what episode it is but it was the hospital scene...when Doumuji rescued Tsukushi and they end up in the hospital, they played a prank with Tsukushi saying Doumuji is dead...

Oh also, Doumuji's birthday celebration...

Quote:
Anime is what got me started in Japanese. So, do you not like subtitles?
I like subtitled movies but when it comes to anime...they are really long, 5 hours or so watching a subtitled show is not fun anymore and after 5 hours your not even in the half of the show...
Old 10-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm more used to dubbing. But I should try a sutitled amime sometime. I watch subtitled movies all the time, so it's not such a big deal for me.

But then again, I'm not sure about the whole run of a show.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello peoples! When I watch anime in subtitle- you know how you forget your reading til you look down at something and hear a wierd language? And in english, the edit some things or change some wording. Its fun to put on subtitles and have English play!

Old 10-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, really? I almost never watch dubbed anime...

Hi Erika!

Quote:
Okay, I was wrong about the wedding part, I checked out the site again and the wedding I was talking about was sort of a sequel movie to the show...
Oh, okay...

--HANA YORI DANGO SPOILERS BELOW--
I kind of agree with you about HYD. I wanted Tsukushi to stay away from D after he attacked her, but by the end of the series, I wanted them to get together...and I like him better than Rui. Even though none of the amazing things he did for her made up for his earlier behavior! I loved the kidnapping episode. The prank, I thought that was mean.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread