Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Anime (Japanese Cartoons) Appreciation Thread

Does this board talk about shows like Ranma 1/2 or Cowboy Bebop or Fishugi Yuigi?

Last edited by vc318; 07-25-2004 at 06:05 PM
Old 07-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Erika! Oh sure, we can bring on Anime discussions! You're the first to ask actually! If it's alright, I'm gonna change the title so others know they can come here if they want to discuss animes, okay?

My favorite anime would have to be Sailor Moon. My boyfriend used to special order the japanese version of this animes for me like 10 years ago and I've loved it since. I still collect things on Sailor Moon to this day!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!

Last edited by vc318; 07-25-2004 at 06:09 PM
Old 07-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I must say, this board looks good!

I had posted before in this kind of thread, but it seems that got lost.

Well, as I said before I love Yu Watase. I've seen Fushigi Yugi and Ceres on DVD, while I'm reading Alice 19th and Imadoki now. She's awesome, I love her works.

Now, I can't wait for Imadoki's second volume, which comes out August 18, or so.

Marina
make sure your hands are clean.

Bob Marley
Old 07-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Anime fan here. Right now I'm in the middle of Inyuasha and Outlaw Star. I'm fixing to start watching Descendents into Darkness.

My favorite animes are Ninja Scroll and Spirited Away. My favorite series are Cowboy Bebop, Visions of Escaflowne, and Ranma 1/2.

I know I'm forgetting some but oh well.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Loyal Fan

YAY! I'm so happy! I wasn't sure If I should even ask about anime, you know, since there was a big picture of spongebob.! Like vc318 my sister has a junk load of Sailor moon episodes and tapes! I have Ranma 1/2 as a personal favorite and I have the series Fushugi Yuigi on bootleg tapes. (A tape, recording a rented tape.) How do you guys get anime? Here's a pic from Ranma:

Last edited by Erika J.; 07-26-2004 at 07:28 PM
Old 07-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

I get my anime from netflix or I'll rent them from the local comic book store.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Passionate Fan

OMG i love animes

Right now i'm totally obsessed with Naruto can't get enough , other than that, well i fancy a lot of them ^^ and sure i like Ranma 1/2 but it's been a long time so i don't remember everything acurrately.

Actually i prefer shonen over shojoin general, i like DBZ, Hellsing, Full metal Alchemist, One piece, Evangelion, Escafown, Cowboy Bebop, Noir, Love Hina and others ^^

I like Yu Watase too .... but not too much, i mean i read Ceres, but i don't feel like reading Fushigii the same way, i mean i read it from time to time at my cousin's but i'm not really fond of it, don't even all the characters

Oh and i also llike Sakura card captor, Yu gi oh ( sometimes ), Shaman King and, well i can't tell them all ^^ and i've planned to watch hikaru no go ( sp ? ), Inuyasha and some others ....

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 07-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by onionroach

My favorite animes are Ninja Scroll and Spirited Away. My favorite series are Cowboy Bebop, Visions of Escaflowne, and Ranma 1/2.
Hey onionroach! Yeah, Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne are cool too. I haven't seen Ranma 1/2 yet. I'm gonna have to check that one out.

I also enjoy Totoro, Akira, and Giant Robo. I've got Akira on DVD and hope that the other come out on DVD soon.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

vc318,

I'm finishing up the last DVD of Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. It's okay.

I watched Angel Sanctuary not too long ago and now I really want to read the comics. So I'll probably be buying those soon.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw Akira and i read a few books of Angel Sanctuary, OMG i didn't really get the plot I mean in Angel sanctuary, i just know that the guy is in love with his sister, and that they are trying to get together but then there is also that storyline with the guy being the organic or inorganic angel reincarnation and all *_* i kinda got lost -_-

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

I know what you mean. I was a bit lost when I watched the anime. Later, I read that you really need to read the comics because the movie is based on them and leaves out alot of stuff. But, yeah, the characters are really twisted. I like twisted characters, like Dilandau from Escaflowne. I don't like twisted stories, like Neon Genesis Evangelion. I got half way through the series and it just got really, really weird and depressing.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I was at Best Buy and it looks like Escaflowne has been released on DVD. I wasn't sure to get it or not but I think I'll head back there and pick it up.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mmmm...Anime. I love anime.
I love all types of anime. My faves are Sailor Moon, the one that got me hooked in the first place, then Key the metal Idol, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Expiraments Lain, Inu Yasha (I love Sesshomaru!), Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z (Vegeta!!! ), Trigun (Wolfwood )

I'm also reading Fruits Basket and Alice 19th although its taking hits on my wallet.

I just love the style and depth of the stories. And the characters.

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
Old 07-29-2004, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

vc318, see if it is the Fox Kids version or the not-messed with version. I saw the Escaflowne on VHS that I rented from my local comic book store and then I found out that it was going to be on Fox Kids but they gloss over some stuff, I thought. I didn't like it. But it is better than the Escaflowne movie.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh this thread just makes me yearn for the good ol' daze at the Anime board that FF used to have.....plus, it's just weird to think of discussing Anime on the cartoons board....anime is drastically different!

But I digress...

I anime -- my favourite is The Vision of Escaflowne because it really has everything in it -- something for the girls and something for the guys -- plus it's not just romance, or fantasy, or action -- it's a bit sci-fi - ish too! Certainly makes me look at gravity in a whole new light...

I adore Inuyasha and Fushigi Yuugi as well. Inuyasha I admire especially for the complex storyline, a love-triangle I can actually tolerate (Kagome-Inuyasha-Kikyou) and one of the best villains in fiction today, Naraku. The best villains manipulate others to get what they want...oooh, sounds like Emperor Dornkirk and Folken doesn't it?(See told ya TVOE was my favourite anime!)