Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow! You guys know a lot of anime! Almost put me to shame! Lord have mercy on my soul.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynea
Oh this thread just makes me yearn for the good ol' daze at the Anime board that FF used to have.....plus, it's just weird to think of discussing Anime on the cartoons board....anime is drastically different!
I agree with this. Like I said the images in all the anime don't match up with pics of spongebob and all that. I was about to go to the comics section but that didn't seem to right.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

I agree. I remember when Princess Monoke was hitting the theaters and alot of parents took their children to see it and then were suprised to see how violent it was. Anime is definately not the same as cartoons.

On another note, I finished watching Bubblegum Crisis 2040. It was definately okay. I couldn't wait for it to end because it was dragging a bit.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:25 AM
Addicted Fan

I haven't seen much anime because it's really hard to find in Sweden, and when you do find it it's really REALLY expensive
But I do like Sailor Moon alot, sadly I've only seen the first seasons because the channel that showed it wouldn't buy the rest of it...
Another cute anime is Hamtaro...
Avie: Isis2015
Old 07-31-2004, 06:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Hamrato? Is that the one about a princess or something and there a guy who thinks someone else looks like someone who died? I'm not sure.

But don't worry Novlote, I don't get much anime either.

All you guys should get some pictures of your favorite anime shows and post them here!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:22 AM
Addicted Fan

nope, Hamtaro is about a bunch of hamsters. It's a pretty lame show really but I adore it! it's so damn cute!!
here's a pic of Hamtaro BTW
Avie: Isis2015
Old 07-31-2004, 07:32 AM
Loyal Fan

HAHA! You cracked mp when you said, Nope hamsters. Oh lord. Here's some sailor moon and Cowboy Bebop.

Ed is my favorite character on Bebop
Old 08-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Pictures! I'll get some later when I have time. Yay! I love pictures.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:50 AM
New Fan

can you explain what shows ur talkling about please?
Old 08-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Didn't there used to be an anime board on FF? I used be there a lot but then it disappeared and I got lost. Could we get a board again?

Anyway, I'm definitely an otaku. The first anime I remember seeing is Sailor Moon, and it's still a favorite, but I love Excel Saga, Cowboy Bebop, pretty much anything by Rumiko Takahashi, and Gundam Wing.
Oh yeah, anything Miyazaki is awesome too. I should stop rambling.

I'm glad I finally found the anime discussion on FF, now I have another board to surf a lot!
End of story.
-Gambit
Old 08-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not an anime movie fan although I liked a few (Fatal Fury and Street Fighter; Samurai X & Ninja scroll was pretty okay too). However, I grew up with different anime series and loved most of them. When I was a kid I was hooked with the robots like Voltes V and Daimos. Then came Dragon Ball Z, BAttle Ball, Dual and one of my all time favorite "Slam Dunk." The most recent anime series that was able to grab my undivided attention was GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka). I love it because of the same reasons why I love Slam Dunk. The lead character's (Ekichi Onizuka) ability to be hilariously stupid throughout an episode but manages to transform into this noble and endearing hero when the people around him need it most was overwhelming.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by onionroach
vc318, see if it is the Fox Kids version or the not-messed with version. I saw the Escaflowne on VHS that I rented from my local comic book store and then I found out that it was going to be on Fox Kids but they gloss over some stuff, I thought. I didn't like it. But it is better than the Escaflowne movie.
Same here. I won't buy the American kiddie versions - the translation is always corny. However, some of the Sailor Moon episodes I have picked up let you choose which language you'd prefer to watch it in. I always put Japanese:Subtitled. It's better.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I love anime! Too bad the anime board is gone. It was just too unpopular when it was around.

My favorite anime is Noir. I finally got the last DVD in the series, and got my mom hooked, too! I just love analyzing the characters, and all the drama and fight scenes!

I also love Onegai Twins. So cute and funny!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

vc318, if I can, I always go for the Japanese subtitled versions. Most of the English voice acting sounds horrible. We started watching Inyuasha on DVD through netflix. But they don't carry the whole series so we've been catching them on cartoon network at night. But the English dubbing is very annoying.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by vc318
Same here. I won't buy the American kiddie versions - the translation is always corny.
I know! Like on Sailor moon, Sailor Venus and Uranus are cousins instead of girlfriends. Or if they don't have a moral they add one in.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Is anyone else excited about the upcoming Final Fantasy flick, Advent Children? I've never played the game but the trailers are mind blowing.