Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Hello guys
Finally found the Anime Appreciation thread
I'm following One Piece, Fairy Tail, Detective Conan and Naruto atm
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Hi. How are One Piece & Detective Conan?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Hi. How are One Piece & Detective Conan?
Hi Canflam

One Piece is an adventureous anime and quite funny
I suck at summarizising a plot but I try anyway:

It's about a boy who wants to become the next pirate king. So he and his crew search for the One Piece, the treasure of the last pirate king. During this journey, they undergo many adventures...

Conan is about a 17-year-old boy who is a good detective. One day he got poisened cause he witnessed a crime. As a result he doesn't die but his body shrunk instead, so he looks like a 7 year old child. He then lives at a detective's whose cases he solves by using his voice with the help of some gadgets, and tries to find a cure so he can turn into a teenager again.

Sry if I made any mistakes- English isn't my first language ^_^

What are your favourites?/ What do you watch atm?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM

Gantz is 1 of my favorites. I'm trying to catch up on Bleach & Claymore.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumon (View Post)
Hello guys
Finally found the Anime Appreciation thread
I'm following One Piece, Fairy Tail, Detective Conan and Naruto atm
Wow...you really like some of the longest anime series I've ever watched.
I always start watching them but after a while I get tired of the almost never ending plot.

I've never heard about Fairy Tail... What is it?

Icon
Old 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM

I haven't read much them. Is the plot never ending in each of them?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

Well the manga series are already pretty long...and so are the anime series
I mean One Piece started 1997 if I'm not wrong and 14 years later it's still not over,if I'm not wrong it has something like over 600 chapters...And loads of episodes

I think Naruto has a similar story.

I don't know about Detective Conan,I've never read the manga and only watched some episodes on tv,but I take it's quite long as well since they regulary broadcast a news arc.

Icon
Old 01-08-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks. I'll search for some Detective Conan books.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Wow...you really like some of the longest anime series I've ever watched.
I always start watching them but after a while I get tired of the almost never ending plot.

I've never heard about Fairy Tail... What is it?
Hi

Yeah I think I prefer animes that don't end after 24ish episodes but I wouldn't have thought that Conan and Co. would last that long.
Though it is annoying when they try to produce an anime just to get the TV quotes and earn money with it and the main plot gets lost somewhere...
Like in Conan only every 50th episode or so deals with the 'Black Organisation' and the rest are more or less Filler episodes

About the length: You're right, there're ~650 episodes of Conan, ~530 of OP, ~450 of Naruto

btw, if you look at Pokemon- there are over 700 episodes already (+ I dunno how many movies) and there seems to be no end to it

About the plot of Fairy Tail:
Fairy Tail is about wizards and magic. The main character, Natsu (who's got similarities to Luffy--> the same mangaka who created OP) was raised by a dragon who disappeared 7 years ago. Natsu tries to find him and meets a girl named Lucy who joins his guild (wizards belongs to guilds in that story) and accompanies him throughout his journeys and adventures

I think that's a rough summary- if you want further and probably better information, wikipedia should be a good first source ^_^

My best friend collects the Detective Conan mangas- she's got 70- sth so far.
I wouldn't have the space and the money for it but I can borrow them from her
Old 01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Though it is annoying when they try to produce an anime just to get the TV quotes and earn money with it and the main plot gets lost somewhere...
Like in Conan only every 50th episode or so deals with the 'Black Organisation' and the rest are more or less Filler episodes
Omg yes.I think filler episodes should be banned from tv.Totally useless,crappy and boring
Quote:
btw, if you look at Pokemon- there are over 700 episodes already (+ I dunno how many movies) and there seems to be no end to it
I had no idea Pokemon was still a work in progress.
Did Ash ever get laid with Misty at a certain point or not? Just curious.
Quote:
Yeah I think I prefer animes that don't end after 24ish episodes but I wouldn't have thought that Conan and Co. would last that long.
I see.I have got opposite tastes in the matter,I prefer short productions.I mean I would watch a long production if the quality would be generally high throughout the series.But if I see it doesn't I drop them quickly.

When I was younger I was a huge Ranma 1/2 fan First trans anime ever.It is quite long but it made me laugh so much I didn't bother watching it at all.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 01-12-2012 at 12:42 PM
Old 01-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

[QUOTE=Zefiro;60740010]
Quote:
I had no idea Pokemon was still a work in progress.
Did Ash ever get laid with Misty at a certain point or not? Just curious.
No at least not officially

Quote:
I see.I have got opposite tastes in the matter,I prefer short productions.I mean I would watch a long production if the quality would be generally high throughout the series.But if I see it doesn't I drop them quickly.
Yeah, the most important thing is the quality- and with OP I don't have the feeling the quality got worse or that it's getting boring

Quote:
When I was younger I was a huge Ranma 1/2 fan First trans anime ever.It is quite long but it made me laugh so much I didn't bother watching it at all.
Oh, Ranma 1/2- I 've watched this anime too. It was funny and I had the intro stuck in my head for ages
Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

No at least not officially

Yeah, the most important thing is the quality- and with OP I don't have the feeling the quality got worse or that it's getting boring

Oh, Ranma 1/2- I 've watched this anime too. It was funny and I had the intro stuck in my head for ages
OMG I hope at least in the backstage Ash and Misty will go for it It was quite obvious they shared a crush on each other.Poor Brok always being the third wheel.
I would have joined the Team Rocket if I were him,lol.

I have to say,the OP of the animes we were discussing before were amazing.So the rest of the first episodes.It's my problem I don't stuck with a long anime until the very end

Which are your favourites from Naturo? And about Detective Conan I remember I used to be intrigued by Ran and Shinichi's rival How's the story progressing?
I've quitted Naruto after reading Itachi's death.He was my favourite,I couldn't stand it.Sasuke was definitely NOT in my grace

Kuno and Ranma/Akane parents were hilarious in Ranma.I loved Ryoga to bits and Moose.Dr Tofu too So many emotions right now.
And also,Nabiki.Nabiki.Nabiki.Have I already said Nabiki by chance?

Gosh my favourite crackship ever :')

Why was Kuno obsessed with Kaname and the famous pig-tailed girl,I asked myself.WHY?

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 01-16-2012 at 02:54 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
OMG I hope at least in the backstage Ash and Misty will go for it It was quite obvious they shared a crush on each other.Poor Brok always being the third wheel.
I would have joined the Team Rocket if I were him,lol.

Has Brok (here, his name was Rokko ) ever been able to choose between Officer Rocky and nurse Joy?

Quote:
I have to say,the OP of the animes we were discussing before were amazing.So the rest of the first episodes.It's my problem I don't stuck with a long anime until the very end
Well, you could still make 'Watch an anime of your choice (>100 episodes) to the end' as your belated New Year's resolution

Quote:
Which are your favourites from Naturo? And about Detective Conan I remember I used to be intrigued by Ran and Shinichi's rival How's the story progressing?
I've quitted Naruto after reading Itachi's death.He was my favourite,I couldn't stand it.Sasuke was definitely NOT in my grace
I have to admit, Sasuke was my favourite character in the beginning
But also Kakashi Now I watch it without really having a favourite?

You mean Kaito Kid? Yeah, he's pretty cool
Hm... A lot has happened Don't think I am able to write a summary, I fear, you have to catch up on the episodes

Quote:
Kuno and Ranma/Akane parents were hilarious in Ranma.I loved Ryoga to bits and Moose.Dr Tofu too So many emotions right now.
And also,Nabiki.Nabiki.Nabiki.Have I already said Nabiki by chance?

Gosh my favourite crackship ever :')

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...owemo1_500.gif

Why was Kuno obsessed with Kaname and the famous pig-tailed girl,I asked myself.WHY?
Yes, IA, they were such crack ups
No, I think you haven't

btw, you're from Italy? ^_^
Old 01-23-2012, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Has Brok (here, his name was Rokko ) ever been able to choose between Officer Rocky and nurse Joy?
I have no idea. I just know that at a certain point the third wheel changed if I'm not mistaken and there was another guy with them.Maybe Brok/Rokko finally decided himself? I wonder if he picked at last with the famous Loves me/Loves me not.
Quote:
Well, you could still make 'Watch an anime of your choice (>100 episodes) to the end' as your belated New Year's resolution

You mean Kaito Kid? Yeah, he's pretty cool
Hm... A lot has happened Don't think I am able to write a summary, I fear, you have to catch up on the episodes
Are you not so secretely implying I should watch Conan by myself and also trying to accomplish a New Year's resolution?

I've checked his name I think it's Heji Never heard about this Kaito Kid but for why I read about him,he seems pretty cool.
Quote:
I have to admit, Sasuke was my favourite character in the beginning
But also Kakashi Now I watch it without really having a favourite?
Kakashi rocks I used to love also Rock Lee and Hinata.
Quote:
Yes, IA, they were such crack ups
No, I think you haven't
There were so many naked breasts on Ranma,I don't know how my mum left me watching it. In Italy it's probably one of the few animes uncesored. So boobs everywhere
Quote:
btw, you're from Italy? ^_^
Where are you writing from?

Icon
Old 01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I have no idea. I just know that at a certain point the third wheel changed if I'm not mistaken and there was another guy with them.Maybe Brok/Rokko finally decided himself? I wonder if he picked at last with the famous Loves me/Loves me not.
Are you not so secretely implying I should watch Conan by myself and also trying to accomplish a New Year's resolution?
Of course not Do it!

Quote:
I've checked his name I think it's Heji Never heard about this Kaito Kid but for why I read about him,he seems pretty cool.
Kakashi rocks I used to love also Rock Lee and Hinata.
Oh, Heiji He's being a good friend of Shinichi
The 3 of them have a similar storyline tho

Quote:
There were so many naked breasts on Ranma,I don't know how my mum left me watching it. In Italy it's probably one of the few animes uncesored. So boobs everywhere
True
I'm not sure if my mum knew exactly what I was watching- probably just some cartoon
I hate censored animes It's no fun watching them and RTL2 (TV station that aired many animes back in my childhood) removed scenes just because there was a little bit of blood It had nothing to do with child protection

Quote:
Where are you writing from?
Awesome, I'm writing from Austria, so we're practically neighbours
Closed Thread   Post New Thread