Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

I just saw this.

Puff Daddy and Timbaland have signed on to produce tracks on Christina Aguilera's new album, which is due out in February. Puff is trying to reclaim his Bad Boy empire and has recentley signed a new Hip-Hop artist by the name of G-Dep. His single, Let's Get It features Puff and Black Rob.

Timbaland, who has produced for such artists and Jay-Z, Mad Skillz, Nas and Memphis Bleek has also released two albums, with his partner Magoo and one as a solo artist.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 12-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WHAT?

Okay while I may be okay with Timbaland working with Christina...I cannot stand Puffy at all.

On a brighter note...her album is coming out in February.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

I forgot to add that I found that in the news section of allhiphop.com

Old 12-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so far we know about her album is:

- she wants to take it to soul music type
- Indian type music
- probably won't have any duets on it
- Timbaland working on it
- Puffy too

Old 12-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait to hear her next album just for the soul--I love her on Soul-ish songs.

Old 12-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23
Okay so far we know about her album is:

- she wants to take it to soul music type
- Indian type music
- probably won't have any duets on it
- Timbaland working on it
- Puffy too

Sounds good, except for the Puffy part but that's okay. It's awesome that's she wants to incorporate some Indian style on her album, I can't wait to hear it.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

spazzie, I hear ya.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

I've been hearing more and more about this planned engagement. People in US are saying that people in Christina's camp have been saying it's not "whether or not" the two will get engaged but "when" they'll become engaged. Jordy and Christina both want to get engaged at the right moment. They've already spoken about marriage and are both very very ready for it.

Old 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure if I believe that magazine...but if their both ready...then good for them.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious
I can't wait to hear her next album just for the soul--I love her on Soul-ish songs.
Me too.

If she's ready for marriage, then good for her. I hope they'll be very happy.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23

Not sure if I believe that magazine...but if their both ready...then good for them.
I actually live by that magazine. It's my second bible.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Age, LOL

That would be a big step for Christina though...after before she had said she didn't think she would like to get married.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Addicted Fan

What's in Jessica Biel's iPod?

UGO: So if we were to look into Jessica Biel's iPod, what would we find?

JESSICA: You would find a bit of everything. You'd find Bob Marley, Christina Aguilera, Damian Rice, Joss Stone, Alicia Keys, 50 Cent, Led Zeppelin, really all over the place.

To read more about Jessica Biel and her new move Blade Trinity please check out the site: http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/f...ty/jessica.asp

Red hot headwear is peak of cold weather style

SARAH HOWDEN

WITH the rain, wind, fog and severe cold jostling for position, the weather at this time of year can prove a sartorial challenge. But you don’t have to forgo style to stay warm this winter. It’s time to join the knitting club with a stylish woolly hat.

It’s this season’s essential headgear, no longer reserved for bad-hair days and skiing holidays, and these days, no self-respecting star - male or female - is pictured without one. Enrique Iglesias loves the look, while Justin Timberlake’s curly mop is rarely unveiled thanks to his preference for the close knit. Of course, that could be the influence of his current beau Cameron Diaz, who likes to tip her baker boy hat brim at photographers.

Christina Aguilera has a penchant for the oversized woollen and tweed variety, whereas Jennifer Lopez and Alicia Keys love the slouch, oversized wool-style-with-sunglasses combo. And even Prince Charles has joined the millinery knitting club this year with a blue woollen hat and large pompom while skiing in the Swiss Alps.

To read more about this article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/fe...?id=1409322004
Old 12-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Fan club or scam club?

Beware of Internet sites promising perks for a price

By Jake Coyle Associated Press

NEW YORK – Many artists hire outside companies to run their fan clubs, but one club designed to bring fans closer to their idols ended up dividing them.

Last June, 13-year-old Sophia Lief was all set to go to her first concert to see her absolute favorite: Christina Aguilera.

Sophia’s mother, Janet Crane, wanted to be assured of getting good tickets. So she joined Aguilera’s official fan club, paying the $35 membership fee that offered access to seats in the first 20 rows. She bought three tickets, totaling $375.

In late April, however, Aguilera canceled her entire 28-city tour because of “strained vocal cords.” Naturally, Sophia’s mother looked for a refund – except there was none, for her or hundreds of other Aguilera fans.

Aguilera had hired a company called FansRule to run her Web site and fan club. But as it was taking money for Aguilera tickets, FansRule was being run by a court-appointed bankruptcy trustee after filing for Chapter 11 in November 2003.

FansRule still owes about $320,000 to Aguilera fans, trustee Joe Baldiga says.

“The inability to refund payments made for tickets,” Baldiga said on Aguilera’s Web site, “is in no way the fault of Christina Aguilera.”

Sophia (whose father is a sports writer for the Associated Press) doesn’t agree.

“Her fans aren’t going to follow her through the years if she treats us like this and doesn’t even make up the (canceled) concerts,” she said.

Crane said: “I don’t really know how the music business works, but she is responsible if she hired (FansRule). We paid money on good faith.” She recently obtained reimbursement from her credit card company, six months after the fact.

FansRule also ran clubs for Aerosmith. After the band postponed three concerts in June, many ticket buyers went without refunds. One fan, Ginny Roberson, posted a Web page telling FansRule to kiss a certain part of her body.

“I will continue to be a fan, but I am extremely disappointed and disillusioned at the way (Aerosmith) have sold us out for a quick buck,” she wrote. “I never would have believed it possible for them to become like this!”

It has become regular practice for music acts to outsource their fan clubs to companies that run their Web sites, sell high-priced VIP concert tickets and offer an assortment of perks for paying members.

The fan club business changed in the ’90s with the Dave Matthews Band. Manager Coran Capshaw saw a connection with fan clubs and the then-emerging Internet, which offered new ways for bands to connect with their fans beyond the traditional newsletter.

“Fan clubs had been a neglected or stepchild of the business,” says Capshaw, now the CEO of Musictoday, one of the largest fan service businesses.

Whether experiences such as Sophia’s will lose fans remains to be seen. But it’s clear that outsourced fan clubs will thrive regardless. Record labels are beginning to sniff around, sensing a new revenue stream.

“This business is just going to grow and grow,” says Baldiga, even as he presides over the liquidation of FansRule. “It’s the way of the future.”

Source: http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...g/10375999.htm