Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

American Gangster- I thought it was great film. I really loved it. It was my type of film, i love my gangster films. Well directed and great performances (especially Denzel) and i will be buying the dvd.

I am legend- Hated it. Feel like i wasted 1 hour and 40mins of my life, and my money. Just ridiculous in every way

Evan Almighty- Worth it for Steve...but the film was pretty crap though lol and a half

Breach- Not a bad film. Ryan was good. Chris Cooper was fantastic

License to wed- kinda sweet and had some laughs. John was lovable and funny. Alright for what it was and a half

but then again everything is purely subjective isn't it

Last edited by Insanitic; 01-12-2008 at 06:24 PM
Old 01-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Movie Title: Juno
Original/Remake: original
Year: 2007
Actors/Actresses: Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner
Plot: (Remember to use Spoiler Tags for Newer Films)
What did you like about it? the humor, the acting, everything. even the soundtrack was amazing!
What did you not like about it? nothing at all.
Your overall personal rating:
Old 01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Movie Title: Ginger Snaps
Original/Remake: Original
Year: 2000
Actors/Actresses: Emily Perkins, Katharine Isabelle and Mimi Rogers
Plot: Two gothic sisters are walking in a playground and is bitten by a werewolf. This film uses werewolfism as a metaphor for puberty.
What did you like about it? I thought that is fairly original and I liked it a lot
What did you not like about it? Ran too long
Your overall personal rating: out of 5
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ I loved Ginger Snaps. Although I liked the sequel better and the third is quite good also.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'll have to rent the sequels then I'm pretty interested in seeing how
Spoiler:
Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I just saw There Will Be Blood.I had kind of wanted to see it but my friend was dying to see it so he dragged me along and boy am I glad he did!

I have to say,I did not go into this movie expecting to love it...at most,I expected to just like it.One bad thing I would say about it is that it was too long! I'm tired of this whole idea that an "epic" has to be very long.There's an editor for a reason.

But I actually think that's the only thing I didn't like about the movie.Everything else was perfect.Before this,James McAvoy was my pick for the Best Actor Oscar (assuming he gets nominated) and yes,I still love his performance but I have to say my pick is now Daniel Day-Lewis.He gave an amazing performance! It helped that the character was just perfect but Daniel Day-Lewis like vanished and became the character.The last 15-20 minutes were just astounding.I previously judged him by Gangs of New York,which I didn't like too much but this was amazing.

Paul Dano was also just wonderful! He's such a great actor and I think most of people don't know that.He and Daniel Day Lewis were just a joy to watch on screen.

The script was also very interesting and unexpected.So complex.There was so much that was disturbing about it.The end was just so wonderful! I kept hoping it wouldn't be an ending like No Country For Old Men that I was just annoyed at but the ending was so fitting.Plus the score was brilliant.

Such a great movie that I totally didn't expect to like.GO SEE IT!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 01-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
I'll have to rent the sequels then I'm pretty interested in seeing how
Spoiler:
Warning, do not read if you do not want to know but:

Spoiler:
Old 01-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Movie Title: Cold Creek Manor
Original/Remake: Original
Year: 2003
Actors/Actresses: Dennis Quaid, Stephen Dorff, Sharon Stone
Plot: A family decides to escape the hectic life of the big city so they move into a dilapidated old manison in the country still filled with the possessions of the previous owner. Dale Massie appears and strange things start happening.
What did you like about it? Stephen Dorff, also I liked the suspense in this movie, Dale Massie was one mean dude, great acting by Dorff.
What did you not like about it? some missing plots but the deleted scenes explained it.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Old 01-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ I just watched that last week. It was a good movie. Stephen Dorff was so eerily creepy!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Amores Perros: A really long movie, but it's really good. The dog fighting scenes are horrible to watch. Gael is a talented actor and I like watching his films and the choices he continues to make.

Next up for my reviews: The animated movie Anastasia....
Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks (View Post)
goodnightboy and jackiehydelover - haha! Rushmore is my favorite film I don't know but everytime I watch it it leaves this bittersweet feeling in me.. I am also a huge fan of Wes but have yet to watch Darjeeling.
Go watch Darjeeling! And I don't know. I just didn't like Rushmore that much it felt too long for me.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanitic (View Post)
American Gangster- I thought it was great film. I really loved it. It was my type of film, i love my gangster films. Well directed and great performances (especially Denzel) and i will be buying the dvd.

I am legend- Hated it. Feel like i wasted 1 hour and 40mins of my life, and my money. Just ridiculous in every way

Breach- Not a bad film. Ryan was good. Chris Cooper was fantastic
I loved American Gangster.

I loved I Am Legend. I don't know, I felt alone in a theater full of people because Robert was so alone.

Breach was good. I expected it to be better, though. Ryan Phillippe and Chris Cooper were great, I agree. Caroline Dhaverna was in this too. I love her so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovande (View Post)
Amores Perros: A really long movie, but it's really good. The dog fighting scenes are horrible to watch. Gael is a talented actor and I like watching his films and the choices he continues to make.
This movie was so crude. I actually didn't finish it. Didn't have the stomach for it.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Melika (View Post)
Warning, do not read if you do not want to know but:

Spoiler:
Sweet! I'm not good when someone is offering me spoilers. I always have to read them

Amores Perros is so hard to watch! It's good but the dog fight scenes I just had to turn away.

Sideways I should have been paying more attention to it but I was too into taking all the movie quizzes on facebook The parts that I saw of it were really good though
Old 01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Movie Title:I'm not there
Original/Remake:Original
Year:2007
Actors/Actresses:Cate blanchett , heath ledger , Christian bale , Richard gere
Plot: A movie about the life of Bob dylan and his music
What did you like about it?Everything ,Cate blanchett is amazing on it and I love the music.
What did you not like about it?Nothing , it was one of the best film that I have never seen .
Your overall personal rating : 5 stars
Old 01-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Exorcist II: the heretic. What a very big disappointment. The prequel is much, much better.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread