Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

La Vie En Rose- Completely enthralling and compelling film. Tragic and moving story. Brilliant performance by Marion who unequivocally deserves the Oscar.

The Nanny Diaries- Very enjoyable cute little film.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Extreme Fan

The Kite Runner. So utterly moving and beautiful. Had me in tears, its a lovely story about guilt and redemption. Its also nice to get a look at how much freer Afghanistan was before the Russian invaded and how repressive they had become after the Taliban were brought in.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

America's Sweethearts: I used to love it, but now I think it's a bit silly. Billy Crystal is great though. Not really much to say, apart from that... it was good escapist fare for 1+ hour.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Atonement. It's such an incredibly beautiful and moving movie! Very well done, breathtaking visually and with emotions that goes straight to the heart.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Juno, I thought the movie was very boring.

Stolen Innocence, I love the "Lifetime" movies. I always watch this one when it's on tv, stars Tracy Gold (Growing Pains) and Thomas Calabro (from Melrose Place).
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Old 02-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I just saw Jumper yesterday and it was all right. It wasn't fantastic but it was terrible either. It was so so. It had potential to be better. But you got to admit the power to teleport anywhere in the world is so awesome.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gone Baby Gone-One powerful film
Old 02-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Rona Jo - You said exactly what I thought Jumper was going to be since I watched the trailers. Somehow, these movies never get pushed to their full potential. They always go for the "been done 100 times" scenes and obligatory "cute" wink at the audience moments.

If my friends want to see it, I'll go with them and I know I'll enjoy it enough. But I'm not running to see it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzppln3 (View Post)
Gone Baby Gone-One powerful film
Gah, I missed this on theaters because it was taken out so fast. I think it was showing for a week only here. But I want to see it on DVD.

DefLeppardFan So you didn't like Juno? It was slow moving, I agree, but I still loved it.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Rockstar, I wasn't much of a fan of it, I thought it would be alot better, the characters annoyed me a little.

last watched: Norbit, pretty funny movie.

Stardust, I like fantasy movies, and I thought this one was really good. Michelle Pfeiffer was excellent as witch Lamia, Claire Danes as the star Yvaine, and Tristan (Charlie Cox) all the characters were very interesting. A magical movie with a great ending.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've watched two movies so far this weekend.
Uptown Girls--Eh, it was okay, not the greatest but Jesse Spencer looked good and I loved Dakota Fanning's character so oh well .
Same Time, Next Year--This one was a lot better in my opinion. I can see how it was a theater play worked into a movie, very well done in that regard. Ellen Burstyn & Alan Alda had pretty good chemistry and there were some good lines here and there. I liked the premise for the most part (even though I don't condone adultery at all). I thought the ending was a bit rushed and 'happily ever after' but I liked the movie and all the emotions portrayed by both leads at their different 'years' of meeting.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Passionate Fan

well on dvd...I just watched

Mean Girls

I freakin' love that movie...it is like so fetch.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ I love Mean Girls! It was so hilarious but what was so ironic about it is the truth. The cliques that do exist in high school and what some people will do to try to fit in.

ETA:

Movie Title: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Original/Remake: Original
Year: 2007
Actors/Actresses: Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, Jeremy Renner
Plot: (Remember to use Spoiler Tags for Newer Films)

Spoiler:

What did you like about it? The cinematography was perfect. The acting was superb. I can now understand why Casey Affleck was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, he was amazing in this role. The story was well written.

Spoiler:

What did you not like about it? It was long in some scenes.
Your overall personal rating: out of 5

Last edited by Melissa Ann; 02-16-2008 at 11:51 PM
Old 02-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Definitely, Maybe was the last film I saw yesterday. Surprisingly, it turned out to be better than I expected it to be, well my friends and I enjoyed it anyway. Ryan Reynolds was better than I thought as were the rest of the cast and Abigail Breslin, she's just an awesome actress.

Nathan&Haley // Julian&Brooke // Nate&Vanessa // Ricky&Amy // Finn&Rachel // Stefan&Elena
Old 02-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

Off to start the new thread!

ETA: New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread