Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

I'm a big wary about VH, soley on the grounds that the trailer looks amazing but I thought that with LXG and look what happened there, eh? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hopefully, it won't turn out like that. Sommers did both Mummy movies so the fact that he's directing is something of a good sign. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Plus, its got Mr Wolverine himself...rawwwr; and the lovely Kate Beckinsale, too... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx
Old 03-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey there Leeann! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nerbie- Thanks for posting that. I like your site alot
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cici-inator:
<STRONG>I'm a big wary about VH, soley on the grounds that the trailer looks amazing but I thought that with LXG and look what happened there, eh? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hopefully, it won't turn out like that. Sommers did both Mummy movies so the fact that he's directing is something of a good sign. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Plus, its got Mr Wolverine himself...rawwwr; and the lovely Kate Beckinsale, too... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

xx</STRONG>
Hello!!

I have great faith in this movie. And hey, with hunkalicious Hugh Jackman and the stunning Kate Beckinsale, where can you go wrong!!
Old 03-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Emerald Eyes*:
<STRONG>Where can you go wrong!!</STRONG>
The script. That was the huge problem with LXG, along with mediocre special effects.

I probably would enjoy it IF it turns out rotten, I mean, I enjoyed Underworld just for Beckinsale, it sure as hell wasn't the writing.

It's just you can never be too sure with comic book heroes being made into big budget movies. Both X Men movies worked well, but not all do i.e. Daredevil...

Oh and hey, Rainstorm. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] How ya been?

xx
Old 03-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

My boyfriend said that he wanted to see this and when he was talking about it I thought it sounded dumb but then I saw a preview for it and got all excited about it! It looks awesome. I was a buffy fan so this looks like something I'd really enjoy!

Jamie
Old 03-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cici-inator:
<STRONG>

The script. That was the huge problem with LXG, along with mediocre special effects.

I probably would enjoy it IF it turns out rotten, I mean, I enjoyed Underworld just for Beckinsale, it sure as hell wasn't the writing.

It's just you can never be too sure with comic book heroes being made into big budget movies. Both X Men movies worked well, but not all do i.e. Daredevil...

</STRONG>
I get what you're saying. I saw Underworld, and Kate was really good in it, but I really liked the movie. I thought it was well played out, just my opinion! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although the guy that played the old vamp (can't think of names right now) had me laughing with his scoffing. *smirk*

I saw the previews for Hell Boy, and I give that movie a big NO just by watching the little bit of snippets of the movie. And I agree with the
Daredevil comment, can we say *barf*!!

I think this movies going to be good! *crossing fingers* because I've been waiting since last year to see this movie, and if it's a bomb, I'm going to be very disappointed [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img].

Have a nice night!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

At first I thought Hellboy looked cheesy, but the more I see previews for it, the more interested in seeing it I get. I think there's just as much a chance of it turning out good as it turning out bad.

The only real problem I saw with Daredevil is that it should've been rated R. It was obvious a lot was cut from the film to give it a PG 13 rating.

I thought the concept of Underworld was great, and the story interesting. I loved Kate Beckinsale. The execution lacked a bit. The beginning dragged and the end went too fast.

I'm looking forward to Van Helsing either way. When I first heard that it was going to be more of an adventure film I was sort of worried - I thought a darker tone would be better...but I'm open minded. Plus, with Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale, can't really go wrong.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited TheCheshireKitten ]

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 07:17 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten:
<STRONG>I'm looking forward to Van Helsing either way. When I first heard that it was going to be more of an adventure film I was sort of worried - I thought a darker tone would be better...but I'm open minded. Plus, with Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale, can't really go wrong.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited TheCheshireKitten ]</STRONG>
man o man. this movie is gonna rock!!! i cannot wait for it. but we (here in Australia) won't be getting it in May. we will probably get it in either June/July/August, that's a long wait [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

i love dark toned movies. i love the horror genre!!! can't wait to c it!!!!!!!!!

here r some more pics:

Dracula

Wolfman

Frankenstein's Monster

Anna

REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

M姧åç}{è® awsome pics! thanks so much!
Old 03-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw the preview for this movie. It looks really good!
Old 03-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M姧åç}{è®:
<STRONG>

man o man. this movie is gonna rock!!! i cannot wait for it. but we (here in Australia) won't be getting it in May. we will probably get it in either June/July/August, that's a long wait [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

i love dark toned movies. i love the horror genre!!! can't wait to c it!!!!!!!!!

here r some more pics:

</STRONG>
Cool pics!! Thanks for posting them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Total Fan

Wow, didn't realize until the latest trailer that Kate Beckinsale was the really hot partner of Hugh Jackman. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Really regretted not seeing Underworld in the theatres, won't make that mistake again...Kate in a corset works for me.

Concept's not bad, either. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 04:30 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by n e r b l e:
<STRONG>M姧åç}{è® awsome pics! thanks so much!</STRONG>
Quote:
Originally posted by *Emerald Eyes*:
<STRONG>

Cool pics!! Thanks for posting them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
ur welcome [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited M姧åç}{è® ]
Old 03-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Addicted Fan

how can this be the same van helsing from "Dracula"? In the trailer, dracula addresses hugh's character as Gabriel, but wasnt van helsing's first name Abraham? wtf...
Old 03-24-2004, 06:30 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

i thought than Van Helsing's name is Van Helsing. is it not? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread