Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eowyn_Evenstar- Thanks alot for posting that. David playing a monk [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], I cant wait to see that.

[ 02-09-2004: Message edited Rainstorm18 ]
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey, E_E, I found a pic of David as the monk!

click here

Go to page 2, and David's pic (with Kate) is labeled vhnew16. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Passionate Fan

rainstorm- wow I think I'm looking forward to him battling Dracula. The wings on that thing look amazing.

dixie - awww he looks really sweet there (even with the bowl haircut)

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kate Beckinsale looks gorgeous. I want her outfit. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

thanks everyone for the pics. i love all the media attention the movie is already getting.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dixieland- Thanks for the link. He is a cutie even with that haircut of his [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My LJ
Old 02-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

This movie looks like some good entertainment, but then again it's the guy who made the two mummy movies, so he has an eye for this kind of stuff.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eowyn_Evenstar- Yeah me too. The wings on Dracula is just awesome [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My LJ
Old 02-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Dracula looks phenomenal. But all the monsters look so good! I like the Wolfman myself. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

The wolfman looks like a wolfman should look. Not lik ethat lameass excuse of a werewolf in Underworld.

Carlos
Sick Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I found a few articles...

Hugh Jackman who will be playing the title role of Van Hesling, vampire/demon hunter, spoke about his upcoming role whilst promoting X2, to Fangoria. Jackman is currently shooting for Van Hesling in Prague and Los Angeles.

During the interview, Jackman's hair was long, but will be consideralby longer for the film using hair extensions, he jokingly compared it to "Charlie's Angels long." Apparently the action sequences are going to be just as spectacular with a mutitude of weaponary.

"There's horse riding and wire work, because I get lifted up. And there's fight sequences on a huge scale ... some of the [stunts] in Van Helsing [are] going to be way up in the sky, flying around, so it's a lot of fun.

"I've got so many weapons in Van Helsing, I've lost count, I'm almost like one of those watch salesmen. I have this huge overcoat [mimes opening his coat]. It almost becomes a joke by the end. My ... sidekick is going, 'Well, what else do you got in there?' I pull out this crossbow, and I got this and a mace, and you name it."

April 18, 2003 article

"It's looking unbelievable," Jackman said of "Van Helsing," the flick he's been shooting in Prague since January. Taking a break from filming to promote next month's "X2: X-Men United," the 34-year-old Australian actor was all smiles at the mere mention of the film, in which he plays the classic 19th century vampire hunter from Bram Stoker's "Dracula."

"I'm just really happy with it," he proclaimed. "We're three months into shooting it. We've got a little bit to go. I've got to fly back into Prague next week and shoot [there], and then we come to L.A."

"I feel like I'm in 'Indiana Jones,' " he said. "That was my favorite movie as a kid, and I really feel like I've walked into one of those movies. [It's got] swashbuckling, but it's got a darkness to it, but it's still funny. And the look of it — I think it has a style to it that I've never really seen before. And I think the story is very intricate."

In addition to Jackman and the British-born Beckinsale, "Van Helsing" co-stars Richard Roxburgh ("Moulin Rouge") as Dracula, Shuler Hensley ("Someone Like You") as Frankenstein's Monster, Samuel West ("Notting Hill") as Dr. Frankenstein, Kevin J. O'Connor ("The Mummy") as Igor, and Will Kemp, who will also appear in the forthcoming LL Cool J flick "Mindhunters," as the Wolf Man.
My LJ
Old 02-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah this movie has been in post production for years now.

I have the first movie poster of it. I got it 2 years ago during halloween.

Carlos
Sick Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 04:22 AM
Passionate Fan

2 years? it's been that long? Wow I never knew that.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

is this supposed to be the same Van Helsing from Bram Stoker's Dracula?
Old 02-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, it is. I think they might be playing an angle where this is a "prequel" of sorts to the story of Dracula we know and love.
I really wonder why there is no mention of Van Helsing in the Buffy series since they did have Dracula. I think that a fan fiction team-up of Buffy and the Hugh Jackman Van Helsing would be great.