Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Proof of Life just was not a good movie. Of course the director is going to blame "outside forces"

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is one instance where I think people are shallow enough to overlook the fact that Brad may had an affair because it was never proven -- Unlike Russel Crow and Meg Ryan -- And the fact a lot of people never thought Brad and Jennifer were right for each other from the start as well.

I think the situations are completely different -- At least, how they have been portrayed by the media/tabloids -- And that is why Mr. and Mrs. Smith will probably do better than POL as well as it being a better movie overall. We shall see...
Old 05-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR
I have been feeling the opposite I have lost interest in this movie because of the possibility of an affair between the leads when one of the two was still married. I may overcome my problem but if lots of people feel the same I think the interest will be overshadowed by disgust.
So glad I'm not the only one. I was wondering if I was just totally over reacting, but knowing that there are others who feel the same way makes me feel like less of a freak. It does look like a cool movie, but I kinda feel like I've got a moral objection to it because of the whole Brad/Angelina thing, so it's not on top of my must see list or anything.

Actually, I've never really been a huge fan of either of them, and the main drawcard for me wanting to see it would be Adam Brody. I didn't even know he was in it, but I saw the trailer at the movies and thought I saw one shot of his face, so looked it up when I got home. Dunno how big his role is though, (don't recall seeing any more of him in the trailer other than one shot of his face), so even the Brody factor may not be enough to really make me wanna see it.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee
So glad I'm not the only one. I was wondering if I was just totally over reacting, but knowing that there are others who feel the same way makes me feel like less of a freak. It does look like a cool movie, but I kinda feel like I've got a moral objection to it because of the whole Brad/Angelina thing, so it's not on top of my must see list or anything.

Actually, I've never really been a huge fan of either of them, and the main drawcard for me wanting to see it would be Adam Brody. I didn't even know he was in it, but I saw the trailer at the movies and thought I saw one shot of his face, so looked it up when I got home. Dunno how big his role is though, (don't recall seeing any more of him in the trailer other than one shot of his face), so even the Brody factor may not be enough to really make me wanna see it.
We're together in this!

TRUE1974 When stars do things w/ their private life it IS none of my business but when I'm going to spend MY money then I'll decide what factors influence my choice. It is my business when it's my money and my time, wether anyone else feels the issue is irrelevant. It's not irrelevant to me.

UM I have "Proof of Life" on DVD. I love Mr. Russell Crowe and I love Meg Ryan so it was a no brainer for me, pun intented.

---

The movie will probably be a big hit because they're both big stars and I do feel like the movie will be decent and I'll get it on DVD but right now I don't feel good about going to watch it.

Also, people have to see something! Why not the movie with Angelina and Brad in it? One thing I know is, that won't be me.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Passionate Fan

im thinking of going to see it cuz of brad but mostly b/c of adam brody! does ne 1 know if adam has a big part in this movie or just a small one?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Total Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I keep seeing previews for it and it just looks really good. And I'm not even a fan of Angelina Jolie. Brad Pitt is good but that isn't the reason I want to see it. It just looks like it will have an interesting plot with a lot of action. I love action packed movies.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Agree with u completely
I soooooooo can't wait to see it!

Mrs. Smith: "Who’s your daddy now?"
^ It cracks me up every time I hear here it in the previews
Old 06-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

I think the movie looks good but I have to agree about the Angelina/Brad "affair". I've lost respect for them.
I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
I.I.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't really care much about the affair.

But the movie looks good.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Even though I liked Brad/Jen, the rumors about Brad/Angelina don't really bother me. So there's no way I'm missing this movie. I can't wait til it opens! Not long now.

Two of the hottest people on the planet in one movie? That's gotta be sexy.

Jen | tumblr
Old 06-05-2005, 05:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

In my opinion this film will be a trip!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Absolute Fan

(click on small pix to enlarge)
Old 06-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just 5 more days!
Old 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for this movie. I've already pre-ordered my ticket on June 9th.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 06-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Man, those are HOT pics!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

People talk like an affair is fact and even newspapers are calling them boyfriend/girlfriend, signifigant others. That i don't get! I'm gonna see the movie because it looks like a entertaining summer type movie. Something i would see for fun even with other actors.

The hype doesn't bother me because i haven't paid much attention to it. I don't have any moral objections to it because if i were it would be over something like unfair treatment of the hundreds of people who get paid for helping make the movie, something having to do with an actually issue. While entertaining, a stars personal life is not my business and not a reason i go see a movie. Plently of actors i like but don't go see their movies because it doesn't seem interesting to me. Seen actors i don't like but had great movies too. This is all just my opinion and i'm not trying to attack anyone who doesn't want to go see it because that's your right and your call If your offended don't go because, it's true, why waste money if your gonna be annoyed or upset during the whole thing just wanted to, i don't know, just state my side about seeing it. Hope it's not a big deal.

It looks like fun!