More Screen Caps!

Old 06-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, great screencaps!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

I saw this movie today...

And boy is it shallow.

Maybe I *am* getting old, but there was little to no characterization in this film and Brad and Angelina didn't seem like a married couple and actually lacked chemistry in a lot of scenes. The action-scenes themselves were very cut down for the PG-13 rating -- To the point I could tell exactly where they had to make the edits -- And a lot of them were direct rip-offs from Asian-Action movies. In fact, one scene in particular where Brad and Angelina jump from the couch, roll on the ground and stand up with guns pointing at one another first appeared in "Once a Thief" by director John Woo.

Also, the movie's ending is the most illogical and abrupt I've ever seen. I won't spoil it for others, but they cut out basically 20 minutes that would have resolved the fact that both agencies are STILL gunning for them and it was in fact a huge battle like at the department store.

Basically, if you want all flash and no substance see this film. If you want real drama and a true story, see "Cinderella Man". Here's to hoping "Batman Begins" is good and so is "Stealth", or this is going to be one crappy summer...
Old 06-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Hey all! It never occurred to me to come and gush about how flipping awesome this movie is on the movie board! lol

I've seen it twice already, once on opening day. I had been waiting since I first heard about it when they first started filming.

I love the cute little banter in the movie, and Brad and Angelina are perfect together. Their chemistry is amazing, and the way they play off each other is so great. I love that in the moments when you might roll your eyes at the corny points, they just do something to make you laugh or woop, there's an explosion lol.

For example - the cute moment in the kitchen after they ruined their house - they were being all open and cute, and in pops a couple of smoke bombs.
But my favorite moment like that was in the tool shed at the end, and she goes "There's no where I'd rather be, then right here with you." and he just smiles and she goes "Shut up." lol. it's too cute.

I have a bunch of Icons I've been working on, and I'll share once I finish them

*Daphne

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 06-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~
Hey all! It never occurred to me to come and gush about how flipping awesome this movie is on the movie board! lol

I've seen it twice already, once on opening day. I had been waiting since I first heard about it when they first started filming.

I love the cute little banter in the movie, and Brad and Angelina are perfect together. Their chemistry is amazing, and the way they play off each other is so great. I love that in the moments when you might roll your eyes at the corny points, they just do something to make you laugh or woop, there's an explosion lol.

For example - the cute moment in the kitchen after they ruined their house - they were being all open and cute, and in pops a couple of smoke bombs.
But my favorite moment like that was in the tool shed at the end, and she goes "There's no where I'd rather be, then right here with you." and he just smiles and she goes "Shut up." lol. it's too cute.

I have a bunch of Icons I've been working on, and I'll share once I finish them

*Daphne
Hey Daphne! I've seen it twice myself and I just WUV IT! FINALLY! A reason to go back to the movies! lol... And I agree with you about the "Shut up" scene! TOO CUTE!!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Hehehe Hi back! I seriously keep going through my mental phone book seeing who'll see it again with me lol. I know, I know. I may even break my record with this movie, because I was honestly thinking about it - and unlike most movies, there REALLY isn't a time to go to the bathroom or go get a drink or whatever. There's not a dull moment that you can really do without. Which is SO rare in movies now.

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Team Addison]
Old 06-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

And personally, these are my fave pictures: (hopefully they show up)

I don't think Angelina has looked prettier in any of her other movies. She was stunning.

[Team Addison]
Old 06-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the pics and your avie.

There was one thing I still don't get...their agencies they work for...were they both bad or was her's a good one?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Angelina looks SO cute in that last pic! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
I love the pics and your avie.

There was one thing I still don't get...their agencies they work for...were they both bad or was her's a good one?
Yea I was still a bit confused on that one as well. In the end it seemed like his agency was the one who was trying to kill them, even though hers was the one who put out the original hit. Although, I think that if the two companies had merged, no other agency could touch them lol.

So long story short - I don't know lol. It seemed like maybe they were both good, because they were killing bad guys. So confusing. I just hope they either make a sequel and/or release a director's/extended cut. That would be happy.

*Daphne

[Team Addison]
Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~
Yea I was still a bit confused on that one as well. In the end it seemed like his agency was the one who was trying to kill them, even though hers was the one who put out the original hit. Although, I think that if the two companies had merged, no other agency could touch them lol.

So long story short - I don't know lol. It seemed like maybe they were both good, because they were killing bad guys. So confusing. I just hope they either make a sequel and/or release a director's/extended cut. That would be happy.

*Daphne
The version of the film that is currently in theaters is missing the meat of the story and that is Angelina's boss... Played by Keith David who you briefly see in a monitor when she is getting her body scanned for weapons when entering her base... Has been put in charge by both the CIA and NSA to kill them because they are considered a security risk -- Go figure, you'd think a couple of assassins who are married would be an even better team than separate ones as well as they are BOTH on your (our) side, but I digress...

And the part after they escape from the department store (at the end) is where they go and confront him and "convince" him to leave them alone. Why they cut this is BEYOND me and seriously makes the movie make absolutely no sense.

Also, they seem to have re-shot entire action sequences for whatever reason.

For example, during the freeway chase, the mini-van Brad and Angelina are in has a mini-gun (a gattling gun) under the rear "seat" that she uses and starts taking out some of the pursing cars. In the department store battle, Brad uses an M60 machine gun while riding a kids tricycle through the isles taking out bad guys as well. Why they cut this stuff was probably because it was too unbelievable for test audiences. Yeah, like the whole movie isn't one big stretch of the imagination
Old 06-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Yea, I did kind of feel like the ending left something to be desired. i was kind of like "wait...what happened in the "two years" that the therapist said?" and it surprised me how little Kieth David was in it, seeing as how he is a great actor.

LoL as far as the tricycle thing - I had seen that in the previews and I was like wait, that's not in it! Seems like the love scenes were cut down a lot too (by the looks of the previews). I absolutely HATE when something is in the previews, and it doesn't make "the cut". To me it is almost like false advertising or something

Definitely hoping for a directors cut/unrated cut, because I'd love to have much more of it. While I absolutely loved it, I think they could have made the movie even a bit longer (it seemed to be over quite quickly) and added in more pertinent things.

[Team Addison]
Old 06-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

I'm closing this because people aren't following the spoiler rule! How tough is it, really?

My LJ for Movies
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Mrs. & Mrs. Smith Avvys + Icons #1

I loved this movie and I am wondering if anybody knows a good place to go for icons of it. Or if there's maybe a livejournal community for it. Anyways... if you got'em (the icons that is) post away!!! Please. And thank you.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

you could go HERE and request them browse around there, because i think some were posted a while ago
Closed Thread   Post New Thread