Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mean Girls (2004) #1: More Than Just a Dumb Teen Flick

"Mean Girls" is Lindsay Lohoan's new movie about a new girl at a high school who goes to "war" with a group of popular girls once the wrong her.

http://meangirls.com/indexflash.html

However, what is really interesting is that this movie is based on the book by Rosalind Wiseman called "Queen Bees and Wannabes" that details the real life trials and tribulations that teenage girls go through in high school in terms of the psychological effects that those experieneces (negative and positive) can have on them through out their entire lives even after they've left high school.

Dr. Phil even did a show on this (today) with Lindsay Lohan and a bunch of real life "mean girls" and even she was shocked that the characters she battles in the movie actually exist in real life today and was astounded at how accurate the movie's semi-serious portrayl was.

It's very interesting (to me, since I am a male) how different males and females are and how they react and deal with emotional pain, and the whole reason I am bringing this movie to everyone attention (young and old; male and female) is that this film could easily be dismissed as another "dumb teen comedy" when in reality there is a lot of deeper things going on here that the movie addresses if you take the time and go beyond the film...

Something that Shrrrr and ROCKSTAR have always encouraged on the movie board [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

This movie looks really cute. I love Lindsay Lohan

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 04-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

yeah I love Lindsay Lohan too, and I really want to watch this movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Huh - looks interesting. But then, I'd probably see it even if it was a dumb teen movie (but thank goodness it's not).

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

looks like a interesting flick, I think lindsay is a good actress, nice to see her acting in films right now....
Old 04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw a commercial for this the other day and was like, "Wait...didn't this already come out?" [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Was thinking of Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, I guess.

icon credit
Old 04-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw ET yesterday about Lindsay going on the "Dr. Phil" show to talk about themovie and to the real mean girls
Old 04-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

This movie was shockingly... very smart.

I enjoyed it.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 05-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

The movie looks funny. i wanna see it.
icon: xthebesthing
Old 05-01-2004, 08:10 AM
New Fan

I hadn't known it was written by Tina Fey (Fay?)and being an avid SNL fan want to see it because of that. I don't like Lindsay Lohan as an actress all too much but still want to go see it.

When you say shockingly smart MARIAROCKS000 I'm reminded that Tina Fey (is it Fay?) wrote it and remember that I've expected it to be smart funny. 3 stars can't go wrong.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I just seen it and it was such a great movie! The best teen comedy ever!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm going to go see it again and buy it later on DVD.

Buffy, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica, Angel, Famke, Disney, Lost, X-Men, Scrubs, ER, and much more icons!
Old 05-01-2004, 08:08 PM
New Fan

I love love loved this movie!!! Just saw it and highly recommend it!!! Also I'm looking for someone to make me some avys for the movie!!! So PM me if you're interested in makin em!!! Thanks
Old 05-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm going to go see it tomorrow, hopefully. It looks really good. Tiny Fey is hilarious.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

This movie ROCKS!!!!!!! Amanda & Lacey (Karen & Gretchen) were awesome. I love those two sooo much.

I got a little excited after watching it & made a website for it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] here's the link, in case anyone wants to check it out: Conspiracy It's not done yet... hopefully I'll get around to finishing it [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

I really wanna see this movie... Gah, if only I had the money...