Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

A Hindi movie thread!

I saw Kal Ho Na Ho yesterday and I thought it was great. I wasn't expecting too much from it, but I thought it was well done. SRK, Priety Zinta, and Saif Ali Khan were terrific in their roles. Also, parts the movie were filmed in Toronto, where I live, so I had fun spotting locations. What bugged me was that the copy I watched was a bad DVD bootleg, the sides were cut off and it wasn't very clear. I'll have to watch a better quality version of the film.

If I had to narrow it down to just one, my favorite Bollywood movie would have to be Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, I've loved it since I was very little. Others include DDLJ, and (don't laugh) Karan Arjun [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. It reminds of when I was younger and I used to enjoy most Hindi films. Saathiya is another recent film I liked. My favorite actors include Amir Khan, Juhi Chawla, Preity Zinta, Kajol, and SRK (of course).

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited spazzie ]
Old 12-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

bad3appels are you gonna make the hrithik topic? jw.

and thanks for the welcome back.
the reason i liked khnh is cuz I didnt find it as boring as k3g (the end of that movie was BORING) and also I wasnt expecting alot out of it, you know? but it has a lot of flaws too.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sruby3:
<STRONG>the reason i liked khnh is cuz I didnt find it as boring as k3g (the end of that movie was BORING) and also I wasnt expecting alot out of it, you know? but it has a lot of flaws too.</STRONG>
hi, i also think as a whole film khnh was better than k3g, as it was less predictable, right up until the end i was expecting a hindi movie style ending but it didnt happen!!

k3g i only loved the srk/kajol bits, kareena really annoyed me in that film!!

[ 12-28-2003: Message edited onthebalance ]
Old 12-26-2003, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Hey! It's good to be back here.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I've been watching quite a few Hindi films with my mom, the most recent being Kal Ho Na Ho. I don't know, I didn't like it at all. Although the actors performed quite well, I didn't like anything else about it. I was quite disappointed... maybe that's because I watched a very horrible VCD print of it. Maybe I should watch a good print of it. *shrug*

The other movie was Calcutta Mail with Anil Kapoor and Rani Mukherji and that was decent. I wasn't expecting much from it, but I was satisfied. It was more a gangster film than a love story. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I love you.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sruby3:
<STRONG>bad3appels are you gonna make the hrithik topic? jw.

</STRONG>
i already done that but i will give you the link later....

AND

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVER1.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Hiya, everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Wow - this thread is getting popular again. Cool!

onthebalance - I like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanaam, too. It was heartbreaking, but I loved it, and thought the music/dance scenes were phenomenal. I own a copy, plus the soundtrack, which I listen to at work all the time.

spazzie - I love Karan Arjun, and own that one, too! It's a modern classic, and the music is superb - very earthy.

Hmm...well, K3G made me cry in the end because it was played out realistically - I've had family scenes like that. I loved it. Sure, we don't always get happy endings, but this was believable. And no, I didn't care for Kareena in this film - she almost ruined it.

And onthebalance - hell of a spoiler there! Hope no one else minds, or I'll be happy to edit it out (but it seems everyone here has seen the film except me, so I guess it's fine). My friends who saw it, though, say that SRK and Preity Zinta don't have any chemistry, although I love both actors. Oh well - I'm sure I'll see it when it comes out on DVD.

My LJ for Movies
Old 12-27-2003, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

:first time in this forum:

Hello everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I was recently introduced to my first Indian film. A friend of mine (whose from India) highly recemended that I watch one. The film was Kaho Na Pyar Hay (spelling?). And I must say, I really loved it. Of course, I had to watch with the subtitles. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I thought the movie was very romantic, a bit unrealistic with the whole look-alike story, but still a very sweet story and very romantic. The songs were a good too. Very sweet lyrics in one of the songs. I am refering to the one where the second 'boyfriend' sings with the fantasies of the girl. The main actor was a hottie! Pretty eyes!

Anyway, I am interested to see more films. If you guys know of good films, please I welcome the recemendaions.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr:
<STRONG>Hiya, everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

And onthebalance - hell of a spoiler there! Hope no one else minds, or I'll be happy to edit it out (but it seems everyone here has seen the film except me, so I guess it's fine). My friends who saw it, though, say that SRK and Preity Zinta don't have any chemistry, although I love both actors. Oh well - I'm sure I'll see it when it comes out on DVD.</STRONG>
hi, sorry about that, i'll be much more careful re spoilers for movies in future, if you want ill edit it out, let me know!!

but i also thought that srk and preity didnt have any chemistry, which is a shame as it took away from the film!
Old 12-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

No, no - it's fine. As I said, I'm one of the few who hasn't seen it yet, so no one's really spoiled. And thanks for thinking of future films - I appreciate it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I generally have to wait until something comes out on DVD, then months before it's available to rent since they're so popular, because I don't have a car - the nearest Hindi movie theater, which is a great place, is 30 minutes away, but not easy to get to if you don't have a car.

-diana- - welcome to the thread! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
So you're another Hrithik fan - and yes, he does have gorgeous eyes! My favorite two films of his are Na Tum Jaano Na Hum and of course, Kabhi Kushi Kabhie Gham (despite what others on this thread have said [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

My LJ for Movies
Old 12-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

-diana- - welcome to the thread! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
So you're another Hrithik fan - and yes, he does have gorgeous eyes! My favorite two films of his are Na Tum Jaano Na Hum and of course, Kabhi Kushi Kabhie Gham (despite what others on this thread have said [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).
Hi, thanks of the welcome. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
And yes, I guess I am a fan of his. I can't pernounce his name, but I call him 'tall-cutie-with-gorgous-eyes'. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I haven't seen those movies you mentioned yet, but I'll check it out.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I generally have to wait until something comes out on DVD, then months before it's available to rent since they're so popular, because I don't have a car - the nearest Hindi movie theater, which is a great place, is 30 minutes away, but not easy to get to if you don't have a car.
</STRONG>
hi, in the uk pretty much all of the cinemas show hindi films and khnh has been in the top 10 for 4 weeks which is the first time that has happened in the uk for a hindi film!!

also the films come on tv quite quickly as well, we just had chalte chalte and chori chori on tv - so it is quite easy to keep uptodate with the films, not that i watch as many as i used to, but you could if you wanted to!!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

-diana- - definitely check out those films.

onthebalance - even though there's a large Indian population here (San Francisco/Berkeley/Oakland/San Jose - Bay Area, California) Hindi films pretty much only play at the Naz 8 (the Hindi movie theater, with 8 screens), or at some of the art houses, but they definitely don't get the kind of play they would in the UK - we're too spread out as far as the community goes.

And the local international station only plays a few Indian shows (as opposed to before, when it was predominently Indian - now it's Japanese, Korean, French, Russian, Romanian, etc.), and no real movies. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Which version of Chori Chori was it?

My LJ for Movies
Old 12-30-2003, 04:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Which version of Chori Chori was it?</STRONG>
hi, it was the new one with ajay and rani mukherji.

so if spoilers are not allowed, is there a topic for this thread?

also are there any movies you are looking forward to seeing next year?
ek hasina thi looks really good, its by ram gopal verma and i absolutely loved bhoot and have heard urmila is better in this film than bhoot!!
Old 12-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Oh, no no no - spoilers are okay with me, just use a spoiler space in case people haven't seen it yet (although the board rule is anything out within the last three months should have it's own non-spoiler thread and a spoiler warning on a spoiler thread. However, since there aren't that many of us on this thread, it doesn't make much sense).

Don't worry - just use the spoiler spaces.

My LJ for Movies
Old 12-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi, ok thanks for the info!1
Closed Thread   Post New Thread