Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2018, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I can't deny I loved the Ron/Hermione ending but I kinda multi-shipped and liked her with Krum. And even Harry

Krum was the perfect gentleman in Goblet of Fire and I adored their pairing plus, it took ages for Ron to summon the courage to admit his feelings, so I thought he was being an idiot when he started being mean to Hermione when he got jealous of her and Krum
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Absolute Fan

I love Harry Potter, it's one of my fav movie series but I have to admit that I've only ever watched the movies, I never read the books, but I do plan to read the books eventually sometime in the future.

I liked Hermione with Krum too, I thought they made a cute couple, I didn't like that Ron was acting like such a jerk towards her. but ultimately I've always been a 'Harmione' shipper from the beginning so I'm really disappointed that Hermione ended up with Ron instead of Harry I never liked Harry with Ginny either, I think their relationship felt a bit too forced to me.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

the movies are great in the visual sense of course, but are really limited by time and the overreaching narrative of Voldermort's return, whereas the books are simply fantastic, to say the least. there are so many themes, different characters, causes, history explained in great detail, so many more things going on with the main characters that aren't even mentioned in the films. for example, i really loved Hermione's elf rights activism, and her S.P.E.W. organization that she created, Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare, which later grew to include other non-human magical creatures as well. the books have so much in them, JKR created such a detailed and amazing world, you have to read them!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 08-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I didn't notice about the films as they progressed until re-watching them for like the 4th time is how much darker each film gets, not only in story but appearance as well.

The first opening credits are lighter and by TDHP2, it's a dark grey!
Old 08-06-2018, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That's true about the dark tone, Millie Order of the Phoenix was my favorite of the movies, because it immediately felt more mature and horrific - both in tone and in content. It was the big face-off between Voldemort and Dumbledore I really liked and that sweet moment where Harry and Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I liked Hermione with Krum too, I thought they made a cute couple, I didn't like that Ron was acting like such a jerk towards her. but ultimately I've always been a 'Harmione' shipper from the beginning so I'm really disappointed that Hermione ended up with Ron instead of Harry I never liked Harry with Ginny either, I think their relationship felt a bit too forced to me.
I multi-shipped Hermione with the boys and I wouldn't have been opposed to Harry/Hermione, although it was clear to me after The Half-Blood Prince that the romance angle was more between her and Ron. Yes, I definitely would've supported her and Krum together, if Rowling had had the confidence to keep him around, which she didn't
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Gwen! There are some amazing moments through out all the films and the lighter ones, the first 3 were favourites to binge!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I loved that the first ones were directed by Chris Columbus (HOME ALONE, GREMLINS, MRS DOUBTFIRE)

The last four movies were more plot driven, which I appreciated Harry had more to do and more to prove. His rivalry with Voldemort increased.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Absolute Fan

I remember reading somewhere that J.K Rowling initially wanted Hermione to end up with Harry and she once admitted that Harry would've been a better choice for her, but for some reason she decided to pair her up with Ron instead. I don't know why but some people have speculated that "Harmione" would've been too cliche, because there's just too many movies and shows that have the main male and female characters ending up together, so for Hermione to end up with Ron was more unexpected. If Harry & Hermione had hooked up together then it would've been too predictable and cliche. While I understand that, but it didn't stop me from shipping 'Harmione' together, so it was still a disappointment for me

As for the darker tone of the later movies, I think it was partially due to the fact that the movies were directed by 4 different directors, and they all have their own different styles. David Yates who directed the last 4 movies starting from "The Order of the Pheonix" preferred a much darker tone for his movies compared to the previous 3 directors.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can understand the Hermione and Harry being cliche, it was almost expected and Ron deserved to get the girl in a sense because Harry would always be the 'hero' you know? :nod;
Old 08-08-2018, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I think in the movies, the love triangle could've gone either way -- Hermione's feelings for Ron and Harry often seemed ambiguous to me, because of the way Emma responded to them in scenes.

I think the biggest early indicator that Hermione liked Ron was in GOBLET OF FIRE, when she burst into tears after he made that nasty comment about her flirting with Krum.

In the end, I liked Ron and Hermione's first kiss the spontaneity of it felt right. Also, unlike a lot of people, I didn't hate Harry and Ginny together.

However, I thought Ron's dream in DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1 where he envisioned a naked Harry and Hermione together was very interesting, in terms of how insecure he was about Hermione's feelings for Harry. It reminded me of how Pacey used to view himself as the third wheel in the Dawson-Joey love triangle.

Quote:
As for the darker tone of the later movies, I think it was partially due to the fact that the movies were directed by 4 different directors, and they all have their own different styles. David Yates who directed the last 4 movies starting from "The Order of the Pheonix" preferred a much darker tone for his movies compared to the previous 3 directors.
Very true and I think there was a conscious effort to have the kid actors play more mature roles as the movies continued, to match the tone of Voldemort's character.

By the way, Christian Coulson who played Tom Riddle was SO handsome

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Harry and Ginny having read the books first. I thought their story was a bit sidelined in the films though, which I was disappointed by.

I also loved Hermione and Ron's first kiss, I thought it was better than the book version and was good that we got to see them go and get the basilisk fangs together.

The vision of Harry and Hermione does fit for Ron, that he was insecure about the other two especially after Hermione chose to stay with Harry over leaving with him. Also his insecurities were present in his decision to leave, too.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The young Tom was very handsome in deed!

I remember in DH1 and 2 with Hermione staying with Harry, Ron saw that as her choosing him over Ron.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I think in the movies, the love triangle could've gone either way -- Hermione's feelings for Ron and Harry often seemed ambiguous to me, because of the way Emma responded to them in scenes.

Also, unlike a lot of people, I didn't hate Harry and Ginny together.

By the way, Christian Coulson who played Tom Riddle was SO handsome

https://orig00.deviantart.net/de8e/f...3f-d54eihz.jpg
I firmly like Harry and Hermione platonically as friends and I felt like the love triangle thing was never really overtly done

a lot of fans have said how they're glad JK Rowling didn't make the golden trio a love triangle

and I do like Harry and Ginny together (I did get the feels when he was trying to wake her up in the chamber of secrets)

mmm yes I know

I feel bad for Tom when he says: "I don't have a home to go to. They wouldn't really close Hogwarts would they professor?"

vintage interview

I also really like the little boy who played young Tom in the orphanage scene (just looked up the actor and didn't know he was Ralph Fiennes's nephew - that's pretty cool)

just the delivery of the lines and how sadistic he is

Quote:
I can make things move
without touching them.
I can make animals do
what I want without training them.
I can make bad things happen
to people who mean to me.
Can make them hurt.
If I want.

I can speak to snakes too.
They find me.
Whisper things.
Is that normal for someone like me?

which movie do you guys like the best? this is my personal ranking from most to least favorite

2 3 1 6 7 8 5 4

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-08-2018 at 05:34 PM
Old 08-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I, too, really like The Chamber of Secrets I loved Kenneth Branagh's wacky performance but I always appreciated The Order of the Phoenix the most, for how it immediately seemed to darken the tone of the series. It felt more like a murder mystery, in the aftermath of Voldemort killing Cedric, which I found a really gripping twist for the HP series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I loved Harry and Ginny having read the books first. I thought their story was a bit sidelined in the films though, which I was disappointed by.
I always thought the fandom was way too harsh on Harry/Ginny - perhaps because, like you said, they didn't get much focus in the movies. But when they had that kiss, people were saying there was no chemistry... Ugh, does every kiss have to be passionate to be believed? It was sweet, and hopeful for their future together.

Quote:
The vision of Harry and Hermione does fit for Ron, that he was insecure about the other two especially after Hermione chose to stay with Harry over leaving with him. Also his insecurities were present in his decision to leave, too.
I thought that was Rupert Grint's best acting in the series, when Ron got jealous of Harry and Hermione together in Deathly Hallows Part 1.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the movies in sequence from favourite to lease and I think that's in part to my OCD needing it to be in order but because it also starts so light and then is dark by the end.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top