Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

[size=1]

I made some Prince Caspian icons... mainly of Prince Caspian himself.

Prince Caspian / Ben Barnes

Old 05-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw the movie today and quite enjoyed it a lot.

I bought the whole Susan/Caspian subplot. Even if it's not in the book, I don't see what everyone was freaking out about on the net. I thought it was nicely done (and definitely not overdone). I liked it.

It was a great sequel. Ben Barnes was great in the role as well!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ben =

I enjoyed this one better than the first one.

Quote:
Anyway... totally wasn't buying into the whole Susan / Caspian thing. Not when there was clearly a lot more unresolved sexual tension between him and Peter.
I saw it too.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Not when there was clearly a lot more unresolved sexual tension between him and Peter.
I didn't see it that way, but I'll have to pay more attention when I see it again.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Just saw it, and I loved it!! It is a must see for any fan of the books or of the first film. Right from the beginning it sucked you back into the story and I really liked that. It was much darker than the first, kinda surprised it was only PG, and though some things were not close to the book it overall was very well done. I absolutely adored Lucy and Edmund in this one. Their characters weren't very much focused on in this one, which I was bummed about, but they were so endearing and fun to watch. They really all are but I have an extra soft spot for those two. I very much did enjoy this one more than the first. I'd give it 5 stars. I am looking forward to seeing the next film for sure. Too bad we have to wait two years!

And I was a little weirded out by the kiss. I knew it was coming but I was still surprised. It was kind of cute in a way. I don't get why people were freaking out so much about it though, even if it wasn't in the books. I do agree with what was mentioned earlier about them not overdoing the flirting and stuff between them. They did it very tastefully and by the end of the film I actually loved the flirting. The looks he would give her would make any girl swoon. Lol. And, I sure didn't mind looking at Ben Barnes for two and a half hours. He's a cuttie pie. Can't wait to see him in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader! And yes, he will be a huge star, no doubt in my mind. I thought he did a fantastic job in the film, and he played a very believable character. Good acting chops that guy has. I can't wait to see what other things he will do.

Icon: Cynthia

Last edited by Kenjigirl; 05-18-2008 at 08:13 PM
Old 05-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And, I sure didn't mind looking at Ben Barnes for two and a half hours. He's a cuttie pie. Can't wait to see him in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader! And yes, he will be a huge star, no doubt in my mind. I thought he did a fantastic job in the film, and he played a very believable character. Good acting chops that guy has. I can't wait to see what other things he will do.
I definitely agree. I'm excited to see what else he does. I'm re-reading The Dawn Treader now, picturing Ben Barnes.

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 05-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I was kinda not happy with the kiss beforehand but it wasn't a huge deal in the movie so that I liked.

and peter was savage in an amazing good way
Old 05-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Total Fan

I can't wait to see it for a 2nd time!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Extreme Fan

the movie could've been better though. i do find it enjoyable than the first one..but Prince Caspian lacked character development. i was hoping for maybe a bit more Caspian/Susan. they didn't really interact in the movie. it was just longing looks..and a few flirting lines here and there. i'm glad they didn't overdo it...but it'd be nice if they talked more about maybe Caspian's father or somethin. it doesn't have to be a flirting thing..but more of a heart to heart conversation. i felt that the action can be redundant at times, tho the action was awesome to watch...it'd be nice if they left room for stuff they did leave out in the books. there wasn't even enough Aslan!

Caspian&Susan | Lucas&Peyton | Nate&Serena | Snow White&Eric (Huntsman) | Gale&Katniss | Emma&Captain Hook
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

I wish Aslan was in it more too! I was bummed about that. I love that lion.

And yea, I wish there were more Susan/Caspian interaction as well. The scenes they did have together were nice, but they didn't talk to each other much. Wasn't there a scene when she was helping him do the archery or something? http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...1185898372.jpg Ben Barnes Online - Gallery I was bummed they cut it out. It seemed like it would of been cute.

I definetly have to re read The Dawn Treader and picture Ben Barnes. Lol. Good idea, *antarian angel*.

I want the dvd now!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they got some good behind the scenes stuff on it. Bloopers would be great. Just lots of Ben and I'll be good. Hehe.

On youtube there's lots of vids of him from filming the movie. They are great. Just search him and enjoy! I can't stop watching.

Great icons on the previous page.

Last edited by Kenjigirl; 05-19-2008 at 10:42 AM
Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

okay so i didn't really give a full review so here it is!

as a fan of the books, there were many changes in the movie and important things that were omitted...but i try to keep the books and the movies as two separate things..and try to enjoy the movie as it is. soo this is just my take on it without the books involvement...

ill start off by saying that the music, the costumes, the scenery, the action, the cinematography was off the charts! they outdone themselves this time from the first movie. it was definitely more epic, and exciting!!

the narnians, especially the animals were adorable as usual. im a huge fan of the beavers in LWW...and i loved the mice in Prince Caspian just as much!

King Peter: i was disappointed in him in the movie. i mean i understand he's been through alot with the whole war thing back at home...but i expected more from him. i loved him in LWW, but not so much in PC. is ego was bringing out the worst in him. other than that, he was awesome in all his fighting scenes. very savage

King Edmund: loved him. he matured quite nicely. and some of his lines were hilarious! he has become a warrior himself. very impressive.

Queen Susan: she has grown up as well. i love that she has become quite a fighter. i think her subtle relationship with Caspian (taking an interest in boys) definitely shows how much she has matured.

Queen Lucy:
always the believer and i love her for that. the others were beginning to lose hope in Aslan and in Narnia...but not Lucy and i'm glad she was able to prove them wrong.

Prince Caspian: god, he's a hottie i can watch him over and over again, its ridiculous. definitely charming, fit for a king. it is no wonder susan is into him.

the action was great..but it felt redundant at times. i was hoping they would leave room for more character development. even with Prince Caspian/Susan...i kinda wish they did a lil more of that. i like that their "romance" was subtle and not over the top. but i was hoping for more. i wish prince caspian had more interaction with the younger pevensies as well.

speaking of Caspian/Susan, i understand that many fans are upset by it...but i felt it was needed. you have this really epic movie with amazing fighting scenes..and a handsome prince who is trying to restore narnia. it just makes sense that Caspian and Susan would be falling for each other. i thought Susan's horn symbolizes some kind of connection between Caspian and Susan. she's there to help him...in return he helps her...and in some way..she begins to believe in narnia again through him. the kiss in the end was cute. it's not over the top or anything. it was sweet.

fantastic movie over all! i watched it twice already, i plan on watching it the 3rd time next weekend. LOL. i can't wait for the DVD to come out.

Caspian&Susan | Lucas&Peyton | Nate&Serena | Snow White&Eric (Huntsman) | Gale&Katniss | Emma&Captain Hook
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Wasn't there a scene when she was helping him do the archery or something? I was bummed they cut it out. It seemed like it would of been cute.
Oh man, that looks like it would have been a great moment! Hopefully they'll have deleted scenes on the DVD!!

Quote:
I want the dvd now!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they got some good behind the scenes stuff on it. Bloopers would be great. Just lots of Ben and I'll be good. Hehe.
Me too!!!

Quote:
On youtube there's lots of vids of him from filming the movie. They are great. Just search him and enjoy! I can't stop watching.
Thanks, I'll do that.

Quote:
you have this really epic movie with amazing fighting scenes..and a handsome prince who is trying to restore narnia. it just makes sense that Caspian and Susan would be falling for each other.
Exactly. I agree.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *antarian angel* (View Post)
I can't wait to see it for a 2nd time!
haha i can't wait to see it the 3rd time! then i'm done. need to save some money..and try to wait patiently for the DVD to come out.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Well apparently there were quite a few more Susan/Caspian scenes which got cut. I hope they are in the dvd! I wanna see.

Man I feel all left out, I've only seen it once. Lol. I'm going again this weekend though.

Watch this video. Ben is so cute in it. I love the part at around 2:04. Lol. CS Videos: The Young Cast of Prince Caspian - ComingSoon.net

Old 05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the link! It was great.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread