Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10
how come his name wasn't mentioned in the cast?
Because he is not a star, or co-star.

He may be big in the wrestling world... But in HW -- and mainstream movie audiences -- He's just going to be "Thug #1" or whatever I am pretty sure.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Actually, he's got a pretty decent role in this film. I'm not sure if this is considered "spoilerish" but he's actually going to be the main villan in the movie fighting Blade.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer
Actually, he's got a pretty decent role in this film. I'm not sure if this is considered "spoilerish" but he's actually going to be the main villan in the movie fighting Blade.

Alex
Interesting.

I haven't been keeping up with this film in detail, so this sounds promising since he's a heel (bad guy) in the ring.

Sounds perfect
Old 07-20-2004, 01:25 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't even know Blade was a comic book character until well after seeing the first. I saw the Sequel in the theater 5 times. I thought it was nearly as good at the first film, which is my second favorite movie of all time. I'll definately be sitting in the first show dec 10th. Was iffy on Jess Biel and Ryan Reynolds, but they look alright in the teaser.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker
I didn't even know Blade was a comic book character until well after seeing the first.
Same here.

Quote:
New Line Cinema Launches “Music To Slay By,”

New Line Cinema and New Line Records have teamed up to launch “Music To Slay By,” a unique online promotion tied to the Dec. 8 release of Blade: Trinity.

Available online at www.bladetrinity.com as well as www.musictoslayby.com, “Music To Slay By” is a contest and content web site inspired by the final installment of the Blade trilogy, which stars Wesley Snipes, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel. Contestants are invited to create their own “slaylist’ of songs they would listen to while slaying vampires, just as Abigail Whistler (Biel’s character) does before heading into action in the explosive film.

“My character listens to music throughout the film, creating ‘Slaylists’ to hunt by,” said Blade: Trinity star Jessica Biel. “Lately, my personal music list runs from Bob Marley to Joss Stone. The Music To Slay By website allows fans to share their personal soundtracks with the Blade: Trinity community.”

Site visitors can also browse other users’ slaylists and rate them. Each week beginning Nov. 17 and extending through the film’s release, the user with the highest rated slaylist will win an Apple iPod.

In addition to the user-submitted slaylists, the site also features several celebrity slaylists from Blade: Trinity cast members Reynolds, Biel, Parker Posey and write and director David Goyer.

“Music in Blade: Trinity was key to the characters and the pace of the film. Working with the RZA as the co-composer for this film was fantastic because I've long been a fan of his sound. He has an ear for the unusual and I wanted his imprint throughout the score, interweaving his sounds and beats with the more traditional orchestral music.” said Goyer. “This promotion gives us the opportunity to share our musical tastes with fans through the active community boards on the Blade: Trinity website. Jessica, Ryan and I have all enjoyed this one-on-one interaction with Blade enthusiasts."

The site also contains samples from the Blade: Trinity soundtrack, as well as video previews of a unique manga comic and anime short which are featured on the special deluxe edition of the film’s soundtrack. An exclusive “Music To Slay By” e-card is also available on the site.
It's so close. I'm nervous and excited.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

ooo i really liked the first blade movie. i never saw the second one. Blade:Trinity looks very good. btw if i see blade:trinity b4 i see the second blade movie will i be lost??
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know what the third movie is about exactly but there were some important developments in the second movie that may be important forTrinity. But not anything that you can't learn from reading a couple of reviews of Blade II.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR
I don't know what the third movie is about exactly
Basically Blade gets caught on tape killing an innocent, and the real cops are after him, the baddies resurrect the first vampire "Dracula" and a side group has been training to help Blade, the Nightstalkers, led by Hannibal King (Reynolds) and Whistlers daughter, Abigail (Biel). Fight fight fight, slay slay slay. hehe, im getting excited. Just won a Blade Banner off ebay. Weeeee
Old 11-30-2004, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Daywalker
Basically Blade gets caught on tape killing an innocent, and the real cops are after him, the baddies resurrect the first vampire "Dracula" and a side group has been training to help Blade, the Nightstalkers, led by Hannibal King (Reynolds) and Whistlers daughter, Abigail (Biel). Fight fight fight, slay slay slay. hehe, im getting excited. Just won a Blade Banner off ebay. Weeeee
Wow.. Now that sounds good!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Ok, now i cannot wait to see this movie. I never saw the second one and i liked the first one. But the main reason i'm watching this is because Ryan Reynolds looks so good in this movie.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

The Jessica Biel fight scene on the website rather sucks.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

ryan reynolds looks so good in it!! those muscles!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Uh oh.... BAD review ahead:

I'll post bits because it contains info some people might not want to know before watching the movie:

Quote:
Look up trinity in the dictionary and it will tell you that it's the union of three closely related members. That's a clever guise for this, the third movie about the half-human, half-vampire Marvel comic book hero named Blade. Yet, the film that's lurking under this misnomer is remarkably dissimilar to the original spectacle of the previous two films. This unimaginative mess isn't worthy of such a witty title -- just call it Blade III.

David S. Goyer, who wrote the first two Blade films, not only pens this edition, but now takes the reins as its director. At the controls, Goyer is like a kid out of control in a candy store. With all of the eye-popping cinematic sweets at his fingertips, Goyer samples each piece, but can never settle on a specific style that's cohesive and complementary to the action. The final product resembles what you might expect from a teenager: a quick-paced arcade game set to an obnoxiously loud, mind-numbing metal, hip-hop, and techno score.

The plot is equally raw and underdeveloped.

Even for diehard fans of the comic series or the first two movies, it's difficult to imagine this film satisfying for anyone. ...much of this is severely overshadowed by dialogue that is corny, irrelevant, and laughably bad. Numerous combat sequences end before we even see them begin (thanks to the fast-paced editing), while those that linger tend to run exhaustively long. The plug should have been pulled on this video game long ago.
Oh man.

For some people who want to read the whole thing, click here.

So, the waiting was for nothing? Let's hope we can like it more than this guy did.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I watched the Jessica Beil (Abigail) fight scene...

And I can see why if the rest of the movie is like that it is getting the review it is, so far.

That fight scene is a pure example of just because someone is a good screenwriter that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a good director.

David Goyer may be a great writer, but writing and directing are two completely different things in ways to numerous to go into here.

For example, the angles in that fight scene are all wrong.

They are wrong in you can SEE the (safe) distance between the punches and kicks when they are thrown between the actors. This completely shatters the illusion of time and space that movies are supposed to convey in a seemless manner that make you believe, aka suspend your disbelief, that you are watching something that could possibly be real and actually take place.

This is the real reason why Daywalker says this scene sucks...

Because he's right. It DOES suck. It's not conveying the illusion of the force and impact of the punches and kicks being thrown like they would in real life.

And don't get me started on the music played in the background.

That song IS right out of a video game. It is the theme to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell -- The reviewer wasn't exaggerating when he made that "video game" comment.

Oy vey!

P.S. - What's up with that "lightsaber" bow? Did Goyer go to the Lucas Ranch and grab an extra prop from "Revenge of the Sith"?
Old 12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

i am renting blade 2. i am happy because so i won't get lost watching blade:trinity.
Reply   Post New Thread